The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

New improved steering! - diffrent Box + less play Late 2023/2024 cars

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
Unfortunately they‘re not just your politics: the world is a pretty small place these days. +1 James comment above, the attention is driven by shared interests rather than any appetite to stir the pot.

To the topic though, and perhaps for US buyers who haven’t had time with their vehicle, the obsession with the steering is super puzzling (for me, at least). It’s an adjustment from a typical SUV but so is the 2,900kgs. I’m a bit swervy when I get back in the Disco Sport so clearly one adapts. Near GVM on dirt at speed and it’s steady as a rock... noting that’s not how everyone will use the vehicle.
…and seconded to that, around 9,000km for me, and the steering is precise, steady, never vague, very solidly planted at speed on the highway, and in all the off road conditions ive tried so far. As you say, it’s distinctive, but also very good. Don’t worry, if you need this car, it wont bother you! And if what you really want is a range rover, or ranger or whatever, crack on and buy that 😉

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
Something to be aware of, not sure I actually 100% believe it though, I had a check engine light and limp mode a few weeks ago (cleared with a restart) and when I got the agent to check the codes I was informed that it occurred because it registered accelerator and brake input at the same time. Firstly I am pretty sure that since I was doing 110kph overtaking a truck at the time that I didn’t touch the brake, so if that was the case it was a spurious signal. And secondly others have done similar to you, albeit at slow speeds and not had this happen. But be aware that there is a risk that brake and acceleration at the same time may trigger limp mode.
I had the same thing. Car went to limp mode after accelerating from gravel to asphalt. In my case the stability control triggered limp mode. Was not funny to drive with 3kmh on a motorway.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's entertaining hearing what foreigners have to say about our politics lol
your politics is your business.
problem is it impacts everyone in the world because you have nuclear weapons.
put an age limit of maybe 60 on who is in charge.
ok maybe 65
But honestly when the rest of the world says "he's a furkin nutjob" at least ask yourself the question.
not judging if the other great great grandfather is better just..................... FFS what is wrong with 50 & 60 year olds.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
ok maybe 65
But honestly when the rest of the world says "he's a furkin nutjob" at least ask yourself the question.
not judging if the other great great grandfather is better just..................... FFS what is wrong with 50 & 60 year olds.
Age limits also on the lower end please. Everyone at less than 45 simply does not have enough life experience, so a practical lower limit would probably be 50 or 55. Bad experience around here with ministers and other political personnel with a year of birth '80 or younger...

But: Restricting like that, there will obviously be no choice left at all from the ~300 million, as argued earlier here...

Local time
11:22 AM
Reaction score
When I did steering system work at GM we had specific requirements for steering effort and lash.
Parking the Grenadier may be difficult for a small woman.
Parking it on a hill may be as well. Or after power loss.
It sounds like a bit of further development has occurred in the box as well as in the assist area.

Local time
Reaction score
Something to be aware of, not sure I actually 100% believe it though, I had a check engine light and limp mode a few weeks ago (cleared with a restart) and when I got the agent to check the codes I was informed that it occurred because it registered accelerator and brake input at the same time. Firstly I am pretty sure that since I was doing 110kph overtaking a truck at the time that I didn’t touch the brake, so if that was the case it was a spurious signal. And secondly others have done similar to you, albeit at slow speeds and not had this happen. But be aware that there is a risk that brake and acceleration at the same time may trigger limp mode.
Well that’s bloody useless in a car designed specifically for 4wding, driving through the brakes to reduce wheel spin and gain more control is vital, even in a 4wd with advanced TC such as LR

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well that’s bloody useless in a car designed specifically for 4wding, driving through the brakes to reduce wheel spin and gain more control is vital, even in a 4wd with advanced TC such as LR
…Andrew’s reporting agents fault code read; so far its not something that has happened with applying brake and accelerator. ive tried, no issue.

Roving.Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Am I in the wrong forum? I thought I read in the forum rules that we’re not allowed to talk about religion or politics? I think it was even in the first email I received…no one here cares about any political or religious statement, so please, let’s keep this about the reason we’re here.

ok maybe 65

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
Am I in the wrong forum? I thought I read in the forum rules that we’re not allowed to talk about religion or politics? I think it was even in the first email I received…no one here cares about any political or religious statement, so please, let’s keep this about the reason we’re here.
Even if I agree with sentiments written earlier in this thread I tend to agree with Roving Grenadier. Best for all that we stay on topic.

Roving.Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:22 AM
Reaction score
Even if I agree with sentiments written earlier in this thread I tend to agree with Roving Grenadier. Best for all that we stay on topic.
I mean, I’m sure we’d all have fun making some political statements etc, but man, I was thinking this was the last safe place on the internet hahaha

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In aviation we call this Short Take Off if you're on a short runway. (y)
(Although we have both feet on the brakes and the right hand on the throttle)

Deep in your heart, you're pilot, man!
I call it 'Walter Rohrl' mode!

Carefant

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it would be nice if the auto start/stop feature was always off and if you wanted it.. turn it on.... it's a real pain in the.... when combined with the slight hesitation of the diesel.
I have the petrol version, but also experienced some lag at first, which meant I couldn’t pull out quickly at roundabouts if auto-stop had engaged. After trying different techniques it is possible to pull away more quickly if I lift my foot off the brake a fraction earlier than I’m used to. This gives the engine a split second to restart, so there is almost no lag when I hit the accelerator. It’s a bit unnerving at first, but lifting off the brake doesn’t move the vehicle on restart, so there is no unwanted lurch forward. The other thing I’m getting used to, now the engine is run in, is giving it more beans when I need to pull away smartly. Feels a bit lead-footed at first, but I guess such a heavy vehicle just needs more gas to get it rolling. I’m getting 21-22 mpg on average, so I don’t think I’m overdoing it.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe the steering of this thread has returned to center, but let me just throw out a quick reminder we should avoid politics, religion, and if a hotdog is a sandwich.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Krabby (with mod hat on 😉)

Local time
Reaction score
I believe the steering of this thread has returned to center, but let me just throw out a quick reminder we should avoid politics, religion, and if a hotdog is a sandwich.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Krabby (with mod hat on 😉)
Sorry, could not resist (PS: Image does not reflect my politics!)

Attachments

• trump-thumbs-up.jpg
    trump-thumbs-up.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 15
Local time
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. Two-foot driving in an auto-transmission is pretty much essential for technical terrain.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But be aware that there is a risk that brake and acceleration at the same time may trigger limp mode.
We literally spent months driving these vehicles with two foot driving, with no errors registered because of it. Granted, it was never done on the highway, but on technical terrain, there are no problems with it; in fact, in early Ineos talks it is specifically brought up as a feature compared to some other brands that cut throttle immediately

Back
Top Bottom