The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

NA Bull Bar

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
BTW, the bull bar has already paid for itself when I hit a fence post in my pasture. Scratched the bar but saved the body.
I hit a small roo with mine last week.
I was only doing about 70 kmh on a dirt road.
It hit the left front on the bull bar and the side bar.
It got up and hopped away
Zero marks at all on the bar work

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Customs intercepted my DHL shipment from Expedition HQ.
I will have to fork over another $500 USD to get my bull bar out of customs jail.

The actual customs duty is $27. The rest is fees added by DHL.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
An early draught of a nudge bar or bunny bar...can't wait to have the vehicle and create a prototype but will follow the same lines/angles coming down from the opening under the bonnet...it will have to be fitted the same way as the bull/roo bar with regards to sensors, I would imagine...any thoughts?...happy motoring
Great idea - might be OK for the UK too.

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:33 PM
Reaction score
Customs intercepted my DHL shipment from Expedition HQ.
I will have to fork over another $500 USD to get my bull bar out of customs jail.

The actual customs duty is $27. The rest is fees added by DHL.
Crap, mine is inbound now as well.... Hope that's not the case!!

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The box says made in China in great big print. You'll be paying a customs fees. I believe ours were about 25%.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
FedEx for the win. They just made me pay the customs charge, no extra fee for my bison roof rack.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The box says made in China in great big print. You'll be paying a customs fees. I believe ours were about 25%.
Well, in that case I could have calculated the duty wrong. I indicated that it was made in Australia and that returned a 2.5% duty. 25% would make it $270.
I haven't gotten anything but a total from DHL, so I'm extrapolating the rest.

Strike that. Math mistake earlier.
2.5% is $41.75

so 25% would be $418.

So not DHLs fault.
I'll blame it on the protectionist/isolationist faction...

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like my bull bar is being held by customs upon entry. Awaiting word from DHL on next steps. Looks like more $$$..... :cry:

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Please Reimburse the Total Charges Shown Below To: DHL Express - USA
Shipment Details
Origin: BNE Pieces: 1 Description of Contents: Entry Date: 22/06/2024 Destination: MEM Weight: 33.00 BULLBAR INEOS GRA-0A81-001160 STEE
Billing Details

Shipper
Receiver
Charges

Name: Address:
BOZ AUTOMOTIVE GROUP PTY LTD BOZ AUTOMOTIVE GROUP PTY LTD 11 INDUSTRIAL AVENUE MOLENDINAR 4214 QLD MOLENDINAR
AU
Name: Address:

TENNESSEE TN MEMPHIS
US
MERCHANDISE PROCESSING 31.67
IMPORT EXPORT DUTIES 447.43
DUTY TAX PROCESSING 17.00

THIS IS A COMPUTER GENERATED DOCUMENT. NO SIGNATURE IS REQUIRED.
Please Pay This Amount in USD
HTS: DUTY % ITEM VALUE QTY AMT
9903.88.03 0.000 0.000 0 0.000
9903.88.03 25.000 0.000 0 406.750
9903.88.03 0.000 0.000 0 0.000
9903.88.03 0.000 1627.480 1 0.000
9903.88.03 2.500 1627.480 0 40.680
9903.88.03 0.000 1627.480 0 0.000
19 CFR 111.29(b)(1) notification: If you are the importer of record, payment to the broker will not relieve you of the liability for customs charges (duties, taxes, or debts owed CBP) in the event the charges are not paid by broker. Therefore, if you pay by check, customs charges may be paid with a separate check payable to the “U.S. Customs and Border Protection” which will be delivered to CBP by the broker.

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My guess is this is a recent catch/change by customs. I haven't been hit with anything for stuff I imported from Poland, SA or China for the Gren. But given the dollar value and size, assume this is a target now.

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My experience in the US with overseas shipments is that using FEDEx or DHL (Don’t have experience with UPS), you’re always going to get hit with Customs fees if the item meets fee requirements. They (FedEx/DHL) act as your broker so the fee gets paid by them and the package doesn’t get stuck at the point of entry very long. You get the bill a few weeks later.

Shipping by post to USPS is a different story. Getting charged with duties and how long it takes to clear customs is more hit/miss. I’ve had items that clearly met the dollar amount requirement for duties and was not charged…many times. If you are charged, in some cases, they hold you package until the fee is paid. The length of time it takes to clear the port also varies, whether you’re charged a duty or not. I’ve had packages stuck for over a week, where as other times, it’s in there for a few days for the same kind of item, price point, and from the same country of origin.

Think of using USPS like coming through the airport after an international flight. After you get your bags, it’s hit/miss on whether you get stopped by the CBP officer for a bag inspection for that undeclared box of Cubans cigars and whisky😂😂

Bottom line is you pay extra with FedEx/DHL for less hassle and more consistent delivery schedule.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
Well, bullbar finally arrived and had it installed within 30 min. Impressed with the heft of it. Was it worth the $$$? Time will tell. But will be nice to mount antennas to.
Looks great!

I reached out to Warwick in the email address above over a week ago, haven't heard back.

Back
Top Bottom