The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

NA Bull Bar

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
My experience in the US with overseas shipments is that using FEDEx or DHL (Don’t have experience with UPS), you’re always going to get hit with Customs fees if the item meets fee requirements. They (FedEx/DHL) act as your broker so the fee gets paid by them and the package doesn’t get stuck at the point of entry very long. You get the bill a few weeks later.

Shipping by post to USPS is a different story. Getting charged with duties and how long it takes to clear customs is more hit/miss. I’ve had items that clearly met the dollar amount requirement for duties and was not charged…many times. If you are charged, in some cases, they hold you package until the fee is paid. The length of time it takes to clear the port also varies, whether you’re charged a duty or not. I’ve had packages stuck for over a week, where as other times, it’s in there for a few days for the same kind of item, price point, and from the same country of origin.

Think of using USPS like coming through the airport after an international flight. After you get your bags, it’s hit/miss on whether you get stopped by the CBP officer for a bag inspection for that undeclared box of Cubans cigars and whisky😂😂

Bottom line is you pay extra with FedEx/DHL for less hassle and more consistent delivery schedule.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
Well, bullbar finally arrived and had it installed within 30 min. Impressed with the heft of it. Was it worth the $$$? Time will tell. But will be nice to mount antennas to.
Looks great!

I reached out to Warwick in the email address above over a week ago, haven't heard back.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
Looks great!

I reached out to Warwick in the email address above over a week ago, haven't heard back.
Same happened to me, but I discovered that I overlooked the reply. Warwick was out of town and I dealt with Adam.

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, bullbar finally arrived and had it installed within 30 min. Impressed with the heft of it. Was it worth the $$$? Time will tell. But will be nice to mount antennas to. View attachment 7862596
Except for the bull bar, that’s what my order is gonna look like😂. That’s MM, correct?

I miss my Raptor….

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:16 AM
Reaction score
Well, bullbar finally arrived and had it installed within 30 min. Impressed with the heft of it. Was it worth the $$$? Time will tell. But will be nice to mount antennas to.
The RFI 50cm bracket works well for antennas on the Roo Bar. So will the GME version. Here is the Australian list to give you ideas:

Aerial mounting brackets
Mounting options for UHF aerials in Australia:
  1. GME here;
  2. RFI here;
  3. KAON here;
  4. GMF4X4 here (mostly bonnet brackets);
  5. Uniden here;
  6. Oricom here;
  7. Pirate Camp Co here;
  8. Industrial Evolution mounts here;
  9. INEOS DIY Mounts, look here;
  10. Misc. here, here and here; and
  11. Mount the aerial on the INEOS' external utility belt (see here).
RFI bracket on my Grenadier, arrows just showing where I routed the aerial cables. Looking from the front, left across to right aerial, cables them routed together down through the firewall following John Canny's video, my car is RHD.

full

Last edited:

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Note on antenna routing with safari windows:

John Canny doesn't have safari windows. If you have them and go looking for his firewall hole it won't be there. I routed my antenna cable through a small grommet in the airbox, which dropped the cable down behind the glovebox. There's enough room there for my eventual ham antenna too.

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just received the below email from Expedition Headquarters

Greetings Jeffrey

The ex factory Roo bar is $1692.48 US. We have these in stock and ready to ship.

Shipping and insurance is estimated at $1188.22 US

Estimated delivery to the US is 5 - 7 days via air freight.

Please note that these prices are an estimate based on the current exchange rate.

If you wish to proceed, I'll need your full shipping address to quote you correctly.

Hope to hear from you soon

Best regards

Adam

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Where are you guys purchasing your ROO Bars / Bull bars?

ethree

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just received the below email from Expedition Headquarters

Greetings Jeffrey

The ex factory Roo bar is $1692.48 US. We have these in stock and ready to ship.

Shipping and insurance is estimated at $1188.22 US

Estimated delivery to the US is 5 - 7 days via air freight.

Please note that these prices are an estimate based on the current exchange rate.

If you wish to proceed, I'll need your full shipping address to quote you correctly.

Hope to hear from you soon

Best regards

Adam
Adam is the same guy I worked with. Get ready for the shipping quote…then the customs. The bar price is almost exactly what he gave me (exchange rates will make that vary a few bucks), then shipping should run $1120 US. Customs whacked me for $496 US. I’m seeing some of these posts and wondering what in the heck caused that. It’s not like you get to argue the issue. I asked, “Chinese product—killer tariff on steel. You want, you pay. You can refuse, but it goes back. What do you say?”

“It’s coming from Australia”

“Box says China. Quite clear. Chinese product made of steel. Duty is high. Decision?”

Umph. I paid. Not exactly a JC Pennies help desk. Binary choice. I wanted an original bar.

Nothing like stuff coming over from Black Sheep. Reasonable duty charge.

I firmly believe it’s someone hovering over a keyboard entering basic words and Chinese/Steel/Import is probably not the best combination. Just a thought.

Australia/Metal/Import probably is.

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Adam is the same guy I worked with. Get ready for the shipping quote…then the customs. The bar price is almost exactly what he gave me (exchange rates will make that vary a few bucks), then shipping should run $1120 US. Customs whacked me for $496 US. I’m seeing some of these posts and wondering what in the heck caused that. It’s not like you get to argue the issue. I asked, “Chinese product—killer tariff on steel. You want, you pay. You can refuse, but it goes back. What do you say?”

“It’s coming from Australia”

“Box says China. Quite clear. Chinese product made of steel. Duty is high. Decision?”

Umph. I paid. Not exactly a JC Pennies help desk. Binary choice. I wanted an original bar.

Nothing like stuff coming over from Black Sheep. Reasonable duty charge.

I firmly believe it’s someone hovering over a keyboard entering basic words and Chinese/Steel/Import is probably not the best combination. Just a thought.

Australia/Metal/Import probably is.
Thanks for the words of wisdom

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
Since Ineos is not selling these in the US, I am surprised a U.S. after market company hasn’t knocked off the same design and make them available for less than two grand.
I am not familiar with bull bar pricing but $3,300 seemed a bit high. Take off shipping costs and it would be pretty reasonable to me.

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Since Ineos is not selling these in the US, I am surprised a U.S. after market company hasn’t knocked off the same design and make them available for less than two grand.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Seems most companies are prioritizing sliders/steps and roof racks. Someone could come along and clean up the whole market with a captive US audience.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It was more reasonable back when I got mine. Used to be $95 for duty and around $900 for shipping. $600 more would have made the decision to wait a LOT easier.

Back
Top Bottom