The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Logsplitter’s travels in his Grenadier.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:13 PM
Reaction score
Not wanting to speak on behalf of Logsplitter but I'm not even sure he's done such extreme conditions on his trip!
As a rule, specifically with reference to corrugations/potholes etc, vehicles in this part of the world are subjected to conditions like that on a daily basis.
Definitely in the rural areas at least. And the rural area is where you want to go! 😁
OK - I give in. Logsplitter has been driving on Tarmac roads with a few minor potholes - NOT! :D:D😆😄

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:13 PM
Reaction score
Agreed David. Most of the places I’ve been the locals are taking trashed out and overloaded saloon care so nothing too extreme and the Grenadier is built for this supposedly. The Kalahari being an exception but that was very deep sand and no corrugations. In Malawi we’ve had some rough roads but most of them are plyed by high ground clearance 2 wheel drive trucks.
Rainy season hasn’t started yet. That’s when you need 4x4.
All should be fine for a built on purpose vehicle
View attachment 7833875

As a non native speaker, I have been thinking about this several times already:

Isn't there a difference between "doing sth on purpose" or "for a purpose" in the sense of "serving a purpose"?
In my understanding, "doing sth on purpose" is doing sth because I want it, and nobody will stop me doing it, and I'm fully aware of the consequences. But mainly, because I want it.
Doing /designing sth for (i.e. to serve) a purpose is maybe something different.

We as Grenadier disciples want to believe the latter, but maybe the true meaning is the first....

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As a non native speaker, I have been thinking about this several times already:

Isn't there a difference between "doing sth on purpose" or "for a purpose" in the sense of "serving a purpose"?
In my understanding, "doing sth on purpose" is doing sth because I want it, and nobody will stop me doing it, and I'm fully aware of the consequences. But mainly, because I want it.
Doing /designing sth for (i.e. to serve) a purpose is maybe something different.

We as Grenadier disciples want to believe the latter, but maybe the true meaning is the first....
I’m English and still learning English. I hadn’t really thought about that till now. 🤔

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:13 PM
Reaction score
I crawled under my car today, and tried to see a support, but didn't see any, and tried to make some pictures, but only one was decent:
20231126_110912.jpg

My smaller radiator is at the right side of the car, and still sits correctly in it's position.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:13 AM
Reaction score
Interesting to see this on low VIN. I wonder if fixes have been done in some countries and not others. Or maybe it’s related to date of delivery more than VIN
Yes is interesting, mine was built in Jan and on hold for a very long time before being shipped. Be interesting if nothing else to hear from others.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Time for an update on travelling around Malawi as someone has rumbled where I am now 😂
So firstly after leaving our friends in Lilongwe we travelled to the rural district of Neno on the south western border with Mozambique. A few more road blocks as usual but not too much hassle , more stopping us to talk about our new “Landrover” 😂.
We drove the back roads through Lisungwi and the Baobab forest to reach Neno. Really rough ungraded roads. The Grenadier was a great drive sitting at 100kph on tar and then high range centre diff locked with off road mode for the last two hours of dirt road to our destination. Easy driving and the vehicle provides plenty of grip and power. My only real criticism to date is that it sits a bit low at the back and the rear bash plate has definitely earned its keep
It’s was great to catch up with old friends and visit very remote locations on the border with Mozambique. A lot of the trails are little more than goat tracks but the Grenadier took it all in its stride and even the paintwork still looks good after driving through thick bush.
Everyone loves the vehicle and wants to sit behind the steering wheel. My great friend Thanguli commented that even the President of Malawi couldn’t buy this car 😂
At one point we even managed to squeeze two people in the back for a lift to a very remote location. IMG_3300.jpeg
more updates soon as good internet now 👍🏼.IMG_7072.jpegIMG_7139.jpegIMG_7036.jpegIMG_7024.jpegIMG_6987.jpegIMG_6953.jpegIMG_6934.jpegIMG_6923.jpegIMG_6912.jpegIMG_6962.jpegIMG_3276.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom