The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Land Rover feeling the Heat?

AWo

Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
Somewhat late due to holiday, but at least....

German official statistics of new car registrations from the KBA year-to-month-end June 2024
JLR New Defender: 1769 (+223)
JLR Discovery: 282 (+70)
JLR Range Rover: 757 (+188)
JLR Land Rover all-in-all: 6685

Ineos: 438 (+59)
Decreasing trend was stopped in June, registrations slightly increased.

N1 are included in these numbers.

1722930599276.png

AWo

Local time
4:28 AM
Reaction score
German official statistics of new car registrations from the KBA year-to-month-end September 2024
JLR New Defender: 2341 (+211)
JLR Discovery: 353 (+20)
JLR Range Rover: 1152 (+73)
JLR Land Rover all-in-all: 9296 (+750)

Ineos: 392 (+23 M1)

N1 are NOT included in these numbers, these follow on 10-14-2024.

The UK saw 61 new Grenadier registrations. JLR registered 10807 new vehicles in September (8993 Land Rover).

AWo

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
I’ve wondered about stats like this ever since LR introduced the new Defender. Don’t mean mean to offend anyone who owns the new version but to this day, I can’t fathom the direction they went. It blows my mind! I recall a press release stating the new design was “honoring the rugged look” of the old version — um WHAT?! The new one makes me think of a puffed out Range Rover — no wow factor whatsoever, rather it looks like everything else out there. And I wondered if they thought anyone who owned the epic version would look at the new one and think “cool redesign”. IMO nothing about the new one referenced anything about the old one, let alone “honoring” it. End rant.

Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Actually I think it’s a nice looking car with great materials, fit and finish, and very ergonomic. I just wouldnt wanna drive something house frau in the neighborhood has. I have a macho reputation to uphold, and it gets tougher the older I look. At this rate I’ll be driving a Z06 before the decade is out.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
I’ve wondered about stats like this ever since LR introduced the new Defender. Don’t mean mean to offend anyone who owns the new version but to this day, I can’t fathom the direction they went. It blows my mind! I recall a press release stating the new design was “honoring the rugged look” of the old version — um WHAT?! The new one makes me think of a puffed out Range Rover — no wow factor whatsoever, rather it looks like everything else out there. And I wondered if they thought anyone who owned the epic version would look at the new one and think “cool redesign”. IMO nothing about the new one referenced anything about the old one, let alone “honoring” it. End rant.
I totally agree. Having had LR Defenders since before I was old enough to drive, I was so disappointed in the form factor of the new one. I was invited to the launch party for the new Defender at a huge dealership (having had many Defenders serviced by them). The manager asked me what I thought of it. I explained that it is a really nice "car", but no longer relevant for my use requirements. If I wanted a vehicle like it - I would just buy a Range Rover. He was totally non-plussed. Hence my fascination with the Ineos project.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
I have a macho reputation to uphold, and it gets tougher the older I look. At this rate I’ll be driving a Z06 before the decade is out.
Replace English Folk Music with New Defender? 😁
1000027432.jpg

Back
Top Bottom