The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Lamin-X film for fogs

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
I just put on some yellow Lamin-X precut film on my fogs. Very easy installation (dry method) and very high quality product. It’s thick and easy to work with even on our convex fog lamps. Just make sure you clean with alcohol thoroughly and center them properly. No air bubbles. And they apparently have a 20% sale going on now.

Attachments

• IMG_8649.jpeg
    IMG_8649.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8650.jpeg
    IMG_8650.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8651.jpeg
    IMG_8651.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 6

Kyabmo1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks great! I just did mine but I had ordered a larger film size which made it harder to work with. I had to use the “wet” method, to maneuver under the trim. That left me with a few small bubbles to work out.

I might reorder and reattempt with the 5”.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks great! I just did mine but I had ordered a larger film size which made it harder to work with. I had to use the “wet” method, to maneuver under the trim. That left me with a few small bubbles to work out.

I might reorder and reattempt with the 5”.
Thanks. This thicker gel-like material is definitely harder to cut. Even the little tabs on the precut round ones gave me some trouble. You may not need to redo yours. I read somewhere that the material breathes ever so slightly, so air bubbles will work their way out. Maybe use a squeegee and slight heat from a hair dryer to try to work out the bubbles before redoing?

Back
Top Bottom