The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just discovered the Grenadier!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Mine is now more than a year and 25,000+ miles old. As an old LR110CSW replacement it has been brilliant, but with software issues you will not have, HVAC and water ingress issues you might have. My dealer has been helpful and issues are fixed as they arise, but not all are as helpful or engaged as others.

The vehicle is basically fine, the support from IA and the dealers is not consistent. You will have to deal with ADAS, which I don't, so I would suggest a long test drive to see if you can put up with the idiosyncrasies. (I'm in the UK too, so local market conditions also apply).

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
Just discovered the Grenadier as a former Rover owner and going for a test drive this weekend. Leery of being an "early adopter". Justified? Feedback from anyone driving one for more than 6 months is appreciated.
I’d wait, right now unless you’re a very very very very patient I would advise waiting.

Pros
Tough
Great Drivetrain
Great suspension
Great brakes
Doors don’t leak water like a 110
Quieter
Modern
Comfortable

Cons (No Fixes Yet)
Software (It sucks)
ADAS Can’t turn it off permanently
AEB Doesn’t like the dark
Always idiot lights and warnings
Topping up fuel causes error MIL
It leaks water from the A/C on your feet
Some have Water leaks from roof windows
The Auto Start/Stop very laggy
Heating issues it’s HOT! Or COOL
Customer service (Terrible)

If you’re patient and happy to be a beta tester and get no response from Ineos by all means jump in

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
Just discovered the Grenadier as a former Rover owner and going for a test drive this weekend. Leery of being an "early adopter". Justified? Feedback from anyone driving one for more than 6 months is appreciated.
I've been driving mine since March 2023, now 22TKM. At the beginning I had the well-known software problems with all the indicator lights that are mentioned here again and again. Since the software update, not a single message, not even any unjustified warning sounds. However, I also don't have the assistance systems that are now standard.
I also had water in the door frame due to loose door seals, not in the footwell. I deliberately stuck the seals on myself and didn't have them punched by the dealer. No more problems so far. My air conditioning also had problems at first. Now it works. Yes, the controls are not entirely clear. You always have to know in advance whether you want it colder or warmer. Time-delayed, but it works. I know the vehicle was thoroughly checked beforehand.
I have never regretted my Land Rovers. I loved them.
Now a new era is beginning for me with the Grenadier. And I'm enjoying it. For me, it's a work and transport vehicle, not a travel or holiday vehicle. Although I have already used it for trips to Great Britain and Denmark.
Drive the vehicle for a few hours. Form your own opinion and don't let it influence you too much.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
>50,000kms in, very pleased with ours but also I had no issue with being an early adopter and presumed to encounter faults and immature support for an early production model.

We’ve found it a great choice for overland and long distance use, somewhat more rugged than our LR.

Interacted with six different dealers in three countries and all have been great. No issue so far with parts availability.

Dealers have been happy to repair and service vehicles not sold in their region with assistance provided by Ineos HQ.

Good luck with your considerations.

Milliemartha35

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Have had two since April 2023 here in Europe - utterly reliable and great owner experience

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
I ordered one a week after I discovered them in Dec. 2023. Got it last month. Perfect in every way. Best car I’ve ever owned. May buy a second one - was at the dealership this a.m. tempting myself. Good luck! - Mark

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:29 PM
Reaction score
Love it. Had mine 7 months. I believe this is the last time a company will have the guts to do something like this - and it will easily last 30 years. It’s a tank and has so much character. Door seals in front came loose - dealer put on new 3M tape. 10 minutes. Handle buttons stuck in back - graphite - 15 minutes. That’s it. Yeah you’ve got to turn off the speed warning each time - saved that screen as a favorite, takes 10 seconds at startup. I haven’t heard of door or safari leaks on recent deliveries, remember to turn off the speed warning and click “auto” on your AC, as well as click off auto start/stop. That’s my pre-flight checklist, at which point “Danger Zone” is up on Apple CarPlay.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
Hi @docmunny ... we're only four months in with ours, approx 5,000 km. Lotta city. Lotta highway. Several long days of offroading in the rough. Its our family beast of burden. We are not precious with it. We love it. We will deal with its small annoyances and quirks as they come up because, as others have said, it's fundamentally built to last. And nothing else seems to be nowadays. Enjoy the decision making! :ROFLMAO:

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Love mine. Fortunately no issues and not a big deal to turn off speed warning on startup (but welcome possible software upgrade). I enjoy it everyday more than any other vehicle I have owned in a long time.

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s pretty crazy the first time you see it right?! I came across it maybe 1.5-2yrs ago and I mentally fell over. My first thought was that it might be a new Defender, which I’ve always obsessed over and wanted. I’ve owned the LR Disco 1 & 2 in the past and now own a LR3 too, but I always wanted the Defender more than anything.

I’ve only had my Grenadier for 2 months and haven’t had any issues except a little buzz sound from my AC when the fan is on the highest setting. I LOVE my Grenadier! Completely love everything about it. Wait, except the ADAS — but there is supposed to be a patch at some point. Every single time I get in it, I’m excited.

I hesitated too about getting it - I haven’t had a new car in maybe 2 decades. I had the cash for it, but spending this kind of money on a car is something I’ve never come close to doing, and I felt a little guilty. But once I got it — no regrets whatsoever! And if a few frustrating issues occur in the future — 1) my Rovers were good training for that lol and 2) I love it enough to accept some cons.

If you’re crazy for it, my advice is to go for it bc you will be more crazy for it after you buy it. Plus if you buy it and you have issues and you regret it and you want to sell it — you’ll lose some money, yes, but that money over a lifetime is not actually horrible and you will be glad you at least tried it either way. In my mind, I feel like you could regret it more if you don’t try it because trust me, you’ll just obsess over it and wonder about it if you don’t try it.

ColoradoMike

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
I ordered one a week after I discovered them in Dec. 2023. Got it last month. Perfect in every way. Best car I’ve ever owned. May buy a second one - was at the dealership this a.m. tempting myself. Good luck! - Mark
We got ours a couple of days after @ForceV4 did and we met this weekend with the co-owner of our dealership for some fun off-roading! Had a blast! We just passed the 1500 mile mark doing a good deal of off road stuff.

I have had zero issues with ours and we love it a ton!

Good to see you this morning at the dealership Mark! Did you get your utility belt?

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier is great foundation if you want to overland or off-road. I have It out to Moab and also up in San Juan Mountain Range, when I have time run up into northern rockies.

It dives well in Mountains on and off road, plenty of power as get higher in altitude.

I recently had not driven the truck in two months so it gave good prospective on how it drives. My companion was I drove up from Austin to Durango on Saturday in my 2020 BMW x5 which I had 12 hr 20 min and 900+ miles behind the wheel. Next day jumped into the Grenadier and drove up Million Dollar hwy (US 550) to go check the Fall Aspen Color. Also hit a Trail in reverse taking Last Dollar Road from the Ridgeway side into to Telluride, then finally back via Telluride back down to Durango, so about 236 miles day. The Truck drives great, it handles all the switchback and curves with grace and it has plenty of power for passing in the mountains roads. It was easy transition from x5 to Grenadier. One thing when I watch the reviewer video they man handle the truck, it really want lighter correction on steering, or you end over correct in reverse direction.
Screenshot 2024-10-07 at 12.58.27 PM.png

I would not say the Software is of poor quality, bulk of the functionality is good and works as expected for majority of the functionality
Software issue people complain about most is Over Speed Warning, part of it is the chime they decided to use it is obnoxious sound. Note this can be turned off, but you have manual do it every time you get in the truck. Hopefully we get software update soon.
Gas Range Estimate while it functional, really needs rework for US customer so it does not have > x miles estimate when full and better estimate on range in general.

Modern car have nanny warning now due government regulations, even new Land Cruiser suffers on few of these. This is new feature request form the Owners to change if these warning happen. It one thing I like to see changed like all NA owners of the truck.

Not all of us have Cooling and Heating system issue, it something I would check on the truck before it leaves the dealer.

When you look at we have not had the issue like we seeing in few new cars which I think warrant real concern
- Toyota Tundra where you had recall on the engine for crankshaft journal issue
- Jeep 4xe recall due potential Internal Battery failures,
- Bronco with an Engine recall for Faulty Intake Valves

I was deciding between a new Land Cruiser and the Grenadier, what tipped it was what I could get out of the box from the factory, the BMW inline 6 with Zf transmission like in X5, better stock ground clearance, Aproach, Ramp Break Over and Departure angles, not being 4 Cylinder Hybrid, the fact it has solid axels front and rear. also it triple locker set up like on FJ80. Also like the utility of the truck not not over fancy.

Honestly if I was going to do dominant on-road and very little off-road I would get GX550 or if on road only BMW x5.

Beginning of Last Dollar Road.
DSC_2180.jpg

Last edited:

pmatusov

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had mine since early December of 2023, with 15400 miles now.
All impressions logged here:

Back
Top Bottom