The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just discovered the Grenadier!

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
I use it as a daily driver 40kms each day, inner city & suburbs, plus on weekends. RHD, no concern with the driving position and the seats make it a damn comfortable place to be. 12,000kms down with no major issues except for a broken windscreen but that was fixed relatively quickly. I live within 20kms of a dealer and all my interactions with them since purchase have been positive.

It’s not a Toyota with their level of support, reliability, commonality and banality but that’s why I like it. It’s a bit quirky and you need to go in with an open mind and a bit of patience but it gets better and makes me smile more & more with every drive.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score
In my view (and several others within this forum, some online reviews, and some video reviewers), the RHD version is not comfortable enough for me to honestly recommend to anyone in the same version where daily commuting is required. I drive this thing for 30kms and I'm itching for a more comfortable seating/sitting position which is hard to get comfortable no matter what - as have several of my friends who have driven my Gren.
However, I would willingly and actively support any LHD future ownership... I cannot see any real downside in that vehicle's arrangement!! Performance wise, mine has been stellar.
The RHD issue is well documented and impacts some people severely and others not at all. The general view is that if you prefer a lower-down, leg-straightened seating position, then the lump will really feel intrusive and uncomfortable. If you prefer a higher-seated dining room chair style position, then the lump is less of an issue. Body shape may also come into play. I believe each person needs to see for themselves rather than have a blanket anti-RHD position.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
For the OP - if you own a Grenadier, this is you (in your head) - the few, the proud . . . The MacGyvers.

1728397792436.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom