The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Just discovered the Grenadier!

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Mine is now more than a year and 25,000+ miles old. As an old LR110CSW replacement it has been brilliant, but with software issues you will not have, HVAC and water ingress issues you might have. My dealer has been helpful and issues are fixed as they arise, but not all are as helpful or engaged as others.

The vehicle is basically fine, the support from IA and the dealers is not consistent. You will have to deal with ADAS, which I don't, so I would suggest a long test drive to see if you can put up with the idiosyncrasies. (I'm in the UK too, so local market conditions also apply).

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
Just discovered the Grenadier as a former Rover owner and going for a test drive this weekend. Leery of being an "early adopter". Justified? Feedback from anyone driving one for more than 6 months is appreciated.
I’d wait, right now unless you’re a very very very very patient I would advise waiting.

Pros
Tough
Great Drivetrain
Great suspension
Great brakes
Doors don’t leak water like a 110
Quieter
Modern
Comfortable

Cons (No Fixes Yet)
Software (It sucks)
ADAS Can’t turn it off permanently
AEB Doesn’t like the dark
Always idiot lights and warnings
Topping up fuel causes error MIL
It leaks water from the A/C on your feet
Some have Water leaks from roof windows
The Auto Start/Stop very laggy
Heating issues it’s HOT! Or COOL
Customer service (Terrible)

If you’re patient and happy to be a beta tester and get no response from Ineos by all means jump in

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 PM
Reaction score
Just discovered the Grenadier as a former Rover owner and going for a test drive this weekend. Leery of being an "early adopter". Justified? Feedback from anyone driving one for more than 6 months is appreciated.
I've been driving mine since March 2023, now 22TKM. At the beginning I had the well-known software problems with all the indicator lights that are mentioned here again and again. Since the software update, not a single message, not even any unjustified warning sounds. However, I also don't have the assistance systems that are now standard.
I also had water in the door frame due to loose door seals, not in the footwell. I deliberately stuck the seals on myself and didn't have them punched by the dealer. No more problems so far. My air conditioning also had problems at first. Now it works. Yes, the controls are not entirely clear. You always have to know in advance whether you want it colder or warmer. Time-delayed, but it works. I know the vehicle was thoroughly checked beforehand.
I have never regretted my Land Rovers. I loved them.
Now a new era is beginning for me with the Grenadier. And I'm enjoying it. For me, it's a work and transport vehicle, not a travel or holiday vehicle. Although I have already used it for trips to Great Britain and Denmark.
Drive the vehicle for a few hours. Form your own opinion and don't let it influence you too much.

Back
Top Bottom