The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How to disable interior lamps?

Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
I was hoping I can disable the interior LED lamps, such that when I open the door, it would remain dark. I don't like the blast of light when out camping. I haven't found a way to disable the lights. In my previous cars, there were typically Off - Door - On settings. I would just leave the dome lights in "Off" mode.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
I was hoping I can disable the interior LED lamps, such that when I open the door, it would remain dark. I don't like the blast of light when out camping. I haven't found a way to disable the lights. In my previous cars, there were typically Off - Door - On settings. I would just leave the dome lights in "Off" mode.
I'd have to check when I get back in the vehicle, but I'm sure that is an option on the overhead switch panel. (23 UK spec)

Reactions: PBD

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
There should be a switch in the overhead console between the switches for the right and left reading lights. In my memory it shows a pictoram of a car with an open door. That should switch all lights off even when the doors are open. But I don’t know whether it’s working for the back doors too.

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There should be a switch in the overhead console between the switches for the right and left reading lights. In my memory it shows a pictoram of a car with an open door. That should switch all lights off even when the doors are open. But I don’t know whether it’s working for the back doors too.
Works only for driver and passenger.
Not for rear and cargo

Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
That is not right. It works for front and rear but not for the trunk.
View attachment 7871492
Thank you! I eventually realized this as well.

However when opening Fargo doors, all interior lights turn on.

In also realized with all door open or close events, the center screen would turn on. Undesirable battery drain as well as lights that I do not desire in a dark situation.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my car the cargo door only puts on the cargo light when the others are switched of. I will try to mount a switch there and another light recabeled from the stock one under the Bison Gear rack. This new light can be switched to red light so it will be not that easy to see from far away and from the most animal while hunting.
Anyway the drain with open doors still is a problem as the system seems to wake up every time a door is opened (probably to be ready when the driver wants to start…)

Back
Top Bottom