The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers Towing

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:48 AM
Reaction score
Hudson, made in NI.
Very sturdily built as you can see by the age of it. Not made of bean tins like some,

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_5569.jpeg
Towed for the first time with the Grenadier this week, only a short distance of 25 or so miles. Very impressed at the power when loaded up and the way the suspension handles the trailer, especially when empty as the Ifor trailer is like towing 3/4ton of rattling scrap behind when unladen!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
I think this might have been the one at Devon 4x4 having the Redarc fitted...
View attachment 7820363
View attachment 7820364

There's a story to follow if you Google the project.
That last pic looks to be the perfect size trailer!

screenshot_20230718_073947-jpg.7820364

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
It would be cool instead of connecting to the hinge they used the l track instead.
That vehicle doesn’t appear to have the l-Track /utility belt, but I don’t think the utility belt has a weight rating high enough for a large man.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Doors are only 40kg from memory on the utility belt
Yeah these hinge mounts are very solid, as they brace vertically in 2 locations, and right on the hinge point of the door. I think an Ltrack version will have to be heavier and larger to achieve the same rigidity.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That vehicle doesn’t appear to have the l-Track /utility belt, but I don’t think the utility belt has a weight rating high enough for a large man.
Those hinge bolts (painted) we have been told are not removeable, to avoid the security issue defenders had of being able to take the doors off. So that ‘device’, branded overland attached with new bolts, apparently into the ‘cosmetic’ bolt spaces, is still puzzling me… now for 2 reasons.

the explanation of the hinges was that they were permanently bonded to the door, and screwed into the frame inside the jamb.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Those hinge bolts (painted) we have been told are not removeable, to avoid the security issue defenders had of being able to take the doors off. So that ‘device’, branded overland attached with new bolts, apparently into the ‘cosmetic’ bolt spaces, is still puzzling me… now for 2 reasons.

the explanation of the hinges was that they were permanently bonded to the door, and screwed into the frame inside the jamb.
Well there is already a company offering replacement hinges ( god knows why) so I think that is incorrect information ( I had heard it too, but apparently wrong)

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well there is already a company offering replacement hinges ( god knows why) so I think that is incorrect information ( I had heard it too, but apparently wrong)
Or could it be the replacement hinges are a con? Who knows; neither possibility makes sense, why would you design the car to be able to dismantle without permission? At the very least, turning those boltheads will stuff up the paintwork on both bolt and hinge.
aah, another minor mystery to distract us in the absence of car…

Back
Top Bottom