The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers Towing

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
Could the farmers among us please give me feedback on whether you've ever pulled a 3-axle trailer loaded with livestock in wet, muddy pastures? Thank you.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:14 AM
Reaction score
I have towed a loaded two axle in the wet and mud but as you know it will depend on:-
How much you are loaded.
Which tyres on your trailer and Grenadier.
How wet and muddy.
Level or inclined.
Axle locks or not.
Driver.

Local time
Reaction score
Grenadier completed its first 3.5 ton towing mission today. 1 hour away, so plenty of opertunity to get a feel for its manners.
Have to say it excelled. Loads of low down grunt gets you moving with ease, and its super stable. Doesn't get bumped or pushed around at all. Even with the 33 inch mud tires and roof top tent (which hasn't helped my mpg since I put it on but that's another story!) She held 8th gear at 60mph up a long motorway incline.

all in all, as a tow rig its fantastic
View attachment 7815108
How are the 33s going for you? Any rubbing? Have you gotten off-road on any technical terrain to flex the vehicle's suspension? How about on-road driving - in particular - turning 90 degrees and hitting a steep incline (like turning into a driveway, or something like that); when front tires lack clearance, even at slow speed they tend to rub against the back of the wheel well doing this simple maneuver. To my eye, it doesn't look like there is enough room in the wheel well if you are working the suspension, but I'd be happy to be told otherwise. I'd love to see a stock Grenadier tested for Ramp Travel Index (RTI), and then one on 33s tested in the same way. My guess - and it is just a guess - is that the stock IG would perform a little better. Again, my preference is to be told otherwise! Thanks in advance.

Sorry - this isn't a towing photo or question. Feel free to send me a PM or start a new thread on 33-inch tires.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
I have towed a loaded two axle in the wet and mud but as you know it will depend on:-
How much you are loaded.
Which tyres on your trailer and Grenadier.
How wet and muddy.
Level or inclined.
Axle locks or not.
Driver.
Yes, that's right. My question was imprecise. I was more interested in a comparison to the previous towing vehicle, e.g. the real Defender. Mine had dug in the mud with me more often and I had to unload the trailer.

Reactions: Max

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
I did my first real towing yesterday. 300 km with 150 with nearly two tons. The Grenadier did it with an ease (if this word exists)
Consumption of 12 litres of diesel.

Attachments

• IMG_9693.jpeg
    IMG_9693.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9692.jpeg
    IMG_9692.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 51

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did my first real towing yesterday. 300 km with 150 with nearly two tons. The Grenadier did it with an ease (if this word exists)
Cracking.

Yes that word exists 👍

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From the pictures it looks like the trailer hitch is too high

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From the pictures it looks like the trailer hitch is too high
In deed I had to heave the towbar the last two cm as I couldn’t heigher it more with the support wheel.
But the trailer followed without complaints…

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In deed I had to heave the towbar the last two cm as I couldn’t heigher it more with the support wheel.
But the trailer followed without complaints…
Hi, maybe have a look at my previous posts - I have had to fit a Dixon Bate adjustable drop plate to solve this issue.

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My MM grenadier about to head out.
I do need to drop the draw height a couple of inches really.
A

Attachments

• IMG_2927.jpeg
    IMG_2927.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 34

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My MM grenadier about to head out.
I do need to drop the draw height a couple of inches really.
A
Nice, I have the same trailer - race shuttle 2? -, have you pictures of your towing ensemble?
or how you lower the towing height?

Back
Top Bottom