The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers Towing

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the guy/gal towing that expensive van knows how to pack it, suggesting otherwise isn't really cricket Biff.
I'll go for the caravan standing on a rise under the grass and the Grenny being slightly lower at the back end creating articulation that gives the appearance that the towhook is too low.
You're right spend that type of money you tend to know what you're doing.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
The opposite, the orange is to stop them being attracted to the light. Some light fittings have both white and orange
It isn't orange it is still yellow but closer to amber.
Typically around 589nm in wavelength.
The human eye see's it extremely well but to insects it is virtually invisible.
So insects could still be around but they won't be attracted to it.
Mosquito's are attracted to human breath so mouth breathers and those who like to jibber jabber are more likely to attract them.

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Single axle trailer badly loaded I suspect with all the load forward on the draw bar end
Far from it, even empty with the length of the trailer, it needed the drop plate and this was done with careful measurement. When loaded, the Silver Ghost needed to be put in “in reverse“ with the front facing backwards as the rear is surprisingly heavier due to the enclosed limousine body, despite the heavy 7.5 litre engine. We weighed the nose when loaded and it was spot on and within approved tolerances. It towed perfectly too.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think this might have been the one at Devon 4x4 having the Redarc fitted...
Screenshot_20230718_073927.jpg
Screenshot_20230718_073947.jpg

There's a story to follow if you Google the project.

Local time
Reaction score

That's a classis example of a 'hitch to high' ...

What goes in that trailer?

Anything.
They make Horse trailers too, they are a French company (The Cheval Liberté Group) with manufacturing facities in Poland with a UK distributor/company in Wales who sell through retailers ...
So that's quite a few profit centers prior to it reaching the end user.
Over £5000 for that one ...

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just dragged this out of my yard at home. It’s 3.5 ton on the hook. I tried the HDC as I reversed it down a steep gravelly slope. It works pretty well, the front wheels were locking up a bit so I was losing a bit of steering but if I had locked the centre diff I don’t think that would have happened. It controlled the speed way better than the ranger does with the same load on the same hill. It also pulled it back up that hill way better than the ranger ever could. I often need several goes in the ranger. The grenadier did it no problem although it wouldn’t have done it with the centre diff open.

Attachments

• IMG_4717.jpeg
    IMG_4717.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 50

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just dragged this out of my yard at home. It’s 3.5 ton on the hook. I tried the HDC as I reversed it down a steep gravelly slope. It works pretty well, the front wheels were locking up a bit so I was losing a bit of steering but if I had locked the centre diff I don’t think that would have happened. It controlled the speed way better than the ranger does with the same load on the same hill. It also pulled it back up that hill way better than the ranger ever could. I often need several goes in the ranger. The grenadier did it no problem although it wouldn’t have done it with the centre diff open.
That's a real good like for like test and write up. Nice to read these positive comparisons. 👍

Back
Top Bottom