The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadiers Towing

JohnHeagney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
No drop plate. I'm on the standard Ineos hitch set up (non jaw variety)
5ED0E0ED-B6D7-4F81-A92B-870B0B903805.jpeg

The issue is that this is a long trailer and slightly wedged at the back, without the drop plate there was only 3” clearance at the back between the bottom of the trailer and the road, with a car weighing over 2 tonnes onboard it would hit the ground and the rear set of trailer wheels had less than an inch clearance to the body. The overall combined weight of the car and trailer was close to the 3.5 tonne limit. Cheers, John

TRAILMASTER

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 AM
Reaction score
View attachment 7820053

The issue is that this is a long trailer and slightly wedged at the back, without the drop plate there was only 3” clearance at the back between the bottom of the trailer and the road, with a car weighing over 2 tonnes onboard it would hit the ground and the rear set of trailer wheels had less than an inch clearance to the body. The overall combined weight of the car and trailer was close to the 3.5 tonne limit. Cheers, John
SHALE BLUE LOOKS GREAT!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7820053

That Shale Blue looks like my Pre-Order. Confirmed my color choice! DaBull

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Feed back
In regards to towing and electric brakes, has anyone used this system that can provide feed back of good/bad when measured against a red ark?
Hope to hear from some one out there.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Feed back
In regards to towing and electric brakes, has anyone used this system that can provide feed back of good/bad when measured against a red ark?
Hope to hear from some one out there.
No, but you will also need to convert from the 13 pin Euro plug on the INEOS to the plug used on that product. Something to consider.

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
And now a Redarc in the UK at Devon 4x4, together with a ARB air compressor:

View attachment 7819219
View attachment 7819218
View attachment 7819217
View attachment 7819216
Hi @DCPU - I also planning to install an air compressor as a first add on and am looking at a single motor 12v compressor (ARB CKMA12). If I’m not mistaken the photo above is of the same mentioned model - did it bolt straight down in to this space next to the additional battery or was some kind of adapter plate need to secure it to the vehicle ?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spotted a Donny Grey model towing a large trailer today. I was heading in opposite direction towards Cambridge from Hitchen. Mine also DG.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @DCPU - I also planning to install an air compressor as a first add on and am looking at a single motor 12v compressor (ARB CKMA12). If I’m not mistaken the photo above is of the same mentioned model - did it bolt straight down in to this space next to the additional battery or was some kind of adapter plate need to secure it to the vehicle ?
This is how I did the same ARB install …..

I made my own bracket, using existing stud mounting points.

Any questions let me know.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's a Devon 4x4 install and not on my vehicle. You could try contacting them for the details.

Local time
Reaction score

I don't think @DCPU knows anything about that as he just gets intersting/grenny content/pictures off the internet and reposts them here ...
Obviously he knows something ...

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
It's a Devon 4x4 install and not on my vehicle. You could try contacting them for the details.
Ah, sorry, didn't see your reply @DOPU before I posted mine.

I know you have a Grenny and were 'one of the early ones' but what else do you know about ?
Are you a mechanic ?
An electrician ?
Work in a hairdressers ?
Retired tax-man ?
Banker ?
Anything to do with the automotive industry ?
A dentist ?
A Vet ?

Go on, spill the beans or should I continue guessing ?

Back
Top Bottom