The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier vs Simpson Desert

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Re losing/fogetting to pack: Just buy 2 steel nozzles and keep one permanently in the toolbox.
Re weight :Just eat more spinach...2-3kg isn't a deal breaker
Re cost: honestly it's a few bucks difference, Give up beer for a couple of days!

I've got 1/2 dozen plastic cans for this and that in the garden shed , and had plastic ones in my boat.
Some good , some bad . The plastic does deteriorate in the sun and the nozzles crack.
NB my experience is with petrol only. Prefer metal jerrys , of which I have 2 quality German ones.

If it was the same plastic (Lupolen)as my 1982 Porsche 928 fuel tank I'd feel more reassured.
Now that can stand the heat! (ref: Projekt 928)
20231110_220716.jpg

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
View: https://youtu.be/XwUkbGHFAhs?si=AKPwzKucu2EeteYq

Here is a nice video about the ingenious design of the jerry can. I have learned a lot. Recommend.
In the war they didn't have closed up cars, airconditioning etc. I can't imagine if you're going into war having your vehicle smell of fuel was a big deal.

Personally I'd rather not be eating petrol or diesel scented sandwiches on my holidays. ;)

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
In the war they didn't have closed up cars, airconditioning etc. I can't imagine if you're going into war having your vehicle smell of fuel was a big deal.

Personally I'd rather not be eating petrol or diesel scented sandwiches on my holidays. ;)
Then don’t use plastic ;)

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Yeah, that would be a bummer. Fortunately no issues with the four I have in the back.

Local time
1:23 PM
Reaction score
theme park GIF

Good idea to park there. You will be the first in line to leave when the "park" closes.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Quick update having made WA along the Great Central Road…
  • Offroad Mode Error has cleared itself - returned to normal functioning
  • Only warnings are for TPMS errors (threshold appears to be the set point +/- 4psi and pressures vary more than this in these conditions)
  • AdBlue consumption has plummeted now we’re into long stretches on hard dirt
  • Over corrugations the rear tyres want 40+ psi cold to keep operating temps within an acceptable range, at temperature this is ~47psi
  • Fuel transfer has improved with practice. Now reliably drip-free jerry can top ups, no odours in the cabin
  • Garmin Overlander doesn’t like being shaken about - powers off on corrugations. Anyone else had this issue?

IMG_1208.jpeg

1700111155489.png

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Quick update having made WA along the Great Central Road…
  • Offroad Mode Error has cleared itself - returned to normal functioning
  • Only warnings are for TPMS errors (threshold appears to be the set point +/- 4psi and pressures vary more than this in these conditions)
  • AdBlue consumption has plummeted now we’re into long stretches on hard dirt
  • Over corrugations the rear tyres want 40+ psi cold to keep operating temps within an acceptable range, at temperature this is ~47psi
  • Fuel transfer has improved with practice. Now reliably drip-free jerry can top ups, no odours in the cabin
  • Garmin Overlander doesn’t like being shaken about - powers off on corrugations. Anyone else had this issue?

View attachment 7832791
Nice amount of vegetation; has the whole route been like that? See what a few ‘wet’ years will do…
Keep keeping on👍😀

Back
Top Bottom