The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Spotted

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:25 AM
Reaction score
Spotted today in Monaco.

View attachment 7834375
Much like the original Land Rover these are utterly classless. I don’t mean they have no class, I mean that they fit in everywhere be it on a farm, working in the open country or on a quayside beside a superyacht. Love it.

Last edited:
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
IA are hoping so!
I just hope American car dealers don’t f**k up Ineos Corporate’s launch in USA. You guys across the pond have the luxury of buying direct from the factory. We have to go through a middleman in USA. It causes a lot of irritation for us since their goals are typically not aligned with the consumer or factory.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
Today at about 12:50h near Ettlingen/Wattkopftunnel a black Grenadier heading up to Bad Herrenalb…

Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
I just hope American car dealers don’t f**k up Ineos Corporate’s launch in USA. You guys across the pond have the luxury of buying direct from the factory. We have to go through a middleman in USA. It causes a lot of irritation for us since their goals are typically not aligned with the consumer or factory.
I think the dealer model is ready for a big disruption.

Local time
Reaction score
I think the dealer model is ready for a big disruption.
It’s dead, on life support, and is about to go extinct. I bought my wife a Tesla, March 2023. The buying experience was amazing. It’s Ineos Grenadier or Cybertruck for me. All depending on a clean Ineos Dealer experience.

Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
It’s dead, on life support, and is about to go extinct. I bought my wife a Tesla, March 2023. The buying experience was amazing. It’s Ineos Grenadier or Cybertruck for me. All depending on a clean Ineos Dealer experience.
Agree. A business' where the consumer and the manufacturer want to eliminate the extra step.

Local time
Reaction score
Agree. A business' where the consumer and the manufacturer want to eliminate the extra step.
If you look into the history of franchise dealerships, it started out great with good intentions. Over the decades, it’s turned into a monopolistic-cartel, with behavior that is anti-capitalism, anti-American. Just like a pool, sometimes you need to add some chlorine to clean the water…

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you look into the history of franchise dealerships, it started out great with good intentions. Over the decades, it’s turned into a monopolistic-cartel, with behavior that is anti-capitalism, anti-American. Just like a pool, sometimes you need to add some chlorine to clean the water…
Sometimes the dealership had its advantages at least as I remembered from past. People went to negotiate discounts from recommended retail price. Initially Daimler Benz had at least in Fulda (Germany) and other places direct branches that sold direct to customers and also dealers. But they already limited price negotiation when I was a child. but uplifts to recommended retail prices are relatively uncommon here. 2 exceptions I know about, that is the Suzuki Jimny and the G Wagon, but that is unconfirmed.. I was told a guy had bought an entire production and the lad is selling the for higher price. Either wait or if you want it now then you have to pay the surcharge. But Jimny and the G are very special in the automotive market here.

Local time
Reaction score
Sometimes the dealership had its advantages at least as I remembered from past. People went to negotiate discounts from recommended retail price. Initially Daimler Benz had at least in Fulda (Germany) and other places direct branches that sold direct to customers and also dealers. But they already limited price negotiation when I was a child. but uplifts to recommended retail prices are relatively uncommon here. 2 exceptions I know about, that is the Suzuki Jimny and the G Wagon, but that is unconfirmed.. I was told a guy had bought an entire production and the lad is selling the for higher price. Either wait or if you want it now then you have to pay the surcharge. But Jimny and the G are very special in the automotive market here.
We wish to have the dealership model you have in Germany.

In America, (using VW as an example), VW sells the car to the dealer. The dealer owns that car, it is his property by law. He then can choose to sell it to you, or not. He can also choose to charge whatever price he wants. The manufacturer, VW, has no control of the dealer in USA, because the dealer is a separate and individually owned business entity.

Imagine being VW corporate in this scenario. You spend billions to bring a model to market, only to have the middleman (American car dealer) destroy the VW brand experience at the “buying phase” of the sales channel.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We wish to have the dealership model you have in Germany.

In America, (using VW as an example), VW sells the car to the dealer. The dealer owns that car, it is his property by law. He then can choose to sell it to you, or not. He can also choose to charge whatever price he wants. The manufacturer, VW, has no control of the dealer in USA, because the dealer is a separate and individually owned business entity.
What makes me wonder who is prohibiting really direct sales in US.. normally a deal contract is made between a provider and a consumer. contractual liberty is this called. There are only very few topics that must follow certain rules such as prescription medicine, houses, firearms .. eg need a doctor.. need written contract with a notary, but vehicles?
Its quite often more like so that manufacturers in the past did not want a establish a selling and servicing organization to consumer type customers directly.

Local time
Reaction score
What makes me wonder who is prohibiting really direct sales in US.. normally a deal contract is made between a provider and a consumer. contractual liberty is this called. There are only very few topics that must follow certain rules such as prescription medicine, houses, firearms .. eg need a doctor.. need written contract with a notary, but vehicles?
Its quite often more like so that manufacturers in the past did not want a establish a selling and servicing organization to consumer type customers directly.
Dealer franchise laws PROHIBIT manufacturers to sell directly. Thus protecting the existence of franchised-dealers in USA.

Local time
Reaction score
sad but true.
The saddest thing, is the franchised-dealer model in USA started out with an honest heart, and great intentions. It slowly morphed into a cartel-like gang, where greed and protectionism took over.

Certainly there are still good franchised-dealers out there, and I hope Ineos picked the good ones. Time will tell for us stateside!!!

Back
Top Bottom