The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:37 AM
Reaction score
Budget Direct, $923 including reduced windscreen excess, two nominated drivers, over 50yrs only to drive, $1000 excess, garaged... have another vehicle with them.
I spoke with them and they said not covered off road (unless a gazetted road such as Fraser Island beach) or if used in any organised event or competition.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke with them and they said not covered off road (unless a gazetted road such as Fraser Island beach) or if used in any organised event or competition.
And remember some Station tracks are not gazetted roads either.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For off-road coverage, DGA Insurance Brokers and Club 4X4 offer the best coverage, but I have no idea of the premiums for the IG.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
I would also try Shannons, who were very good insuring my old Defender at agreed value (of my choice) and for off-road use

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would also try Shannons, who were very good insuring my old Defender at agreed value (of my choice) and for off-road use
I went with Shannons, good price but multiple vehicle discount for me. They do insist on Garage though

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not surprised at RACQ's 'above average' premium quote. RACQ are trying to offload their entire insurance business the Suncorp, (the ACCC are currently saying "No!" to the idea ). Suncorp in turn offloaded their banking business to concentrate on insurance...
I went with Suncorp in the first instance on basis of advice/recommendation from extended family contact in the car repair business. First two years it's " new for old" on 'market value' so I'll review the agreed amount option then.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There's this but I'll give them a call tomorrow...

Is my car covered for off-road driving?​

Yes – as long as you take all reasonable steps to prevent any loss or damage, and your car’s not being used for racing, trials, tests, contests or rallies.

Last edited:

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
For off-road coverage, DGA Insurance Brokers and Club 4X4 offer the best coverage, but I have no idea of the premiums for the IG.
I went with Club 4x4. Very good customer service, great accessories coverage (basically anything will be covered provided it's road legal) and off road coverage (covered for anywhere provided you're not trespassing).

From memory it's new vehicle replacement for the first 2 years then market value, came to around $2K with no regular drivers under 35 (regular being more than once a month), $9K of Ineos and aftermarket accessories (so far), $1K of non-listed personal items and $2K of camping equipment (including for when left unattended at a camp site). Vehicle recovery to $1.5K included with options for up to $30K which can be added/removed as needed, e.g. increase it to what you need for the duration of a remote trip then drop it back when you get home, I've heard Canning Stock Route can be up to $25K...

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
I went with Club 4x4. Very good customer service, great accessories coverage (basically anything will be covered provided it's road legal) and off road coverage (covered for anywhere provided you're not trespassing).

From memory it's new vehicle replacement for the first 2 years then market value, came to around $2K with no regular drivers under 35 (regular being more than once a month), $9K of Ineos and aftermarket accessories (so far), $1K of non-listed personal items and $2K of camping equipment (including for when left unattended at a camp site). Vehicle recovery to $1.5K included with options for up to $30K which can be added/removed as needed, e.g. increase it to what you need for the duration of a remote trip then drop it back when you get home, I've heard Canning Stock Route can be up to $25K...
Oh, and I went with open driveway parking (that's where I normally leave it, can't be bothered putting it behind the gates as I'm leaving the house by 5 most mornings) and some work use (commuting to/from meetings etc. and site visits where site approved vehicles aren't required).

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Well today was meant to be delivery day , attempt 2.
But no , error codes that can't be cleared by all the boffins.
Still have no idea what the errors are.
But given the well known communication skills at IA , I'm not holding out hope.
The excitement and anticipation has officially evaporated.
I'm off for a hard run.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

They quoted my $5k. No thanks

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well today was meant to be delivery day , attempt 2.
But no , error codes that can't be cleared by all the boffins.
Still have no idea what the errors are.
But given the well known communication skills at IA , I'm not holding out hope.
The excitement and anticipation has officially evaporated.
I'm off for a hard run.
Bad luck Tazzie but the bright side is the long awaited software update has started so hopefully your Grenadier will get this treatment asap as a priority.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any recommendations as far as Grenadier insurance is concerned here in Australia?
Les - there is a thread on Aussie insurance for the Grenadier with heaps of recent quotes.

Based on my particulars I got insurance through YOUI for $1,065 - which was the cheapest I could find

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Bad luck Tazzie but the bright side is the long awaited software update has started so hopefully your Grenadier will get this treatment asap as a priority.
After another day off and 500km round trip plus book an extra night as you can't be sure they can fix it...

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not surprised at RACQ's 'above average' premium quote. RACQ are trying to offload their entire insurance business the Suncorp, (the ACCC are currently saying "No!" to the idea ). Suncorp in turn offloaded their banking business to concentrate on insurance...
I went with Suncorp in the first instance on basis of advice/recommendation from extended family contact in the car repair business. First two years it's " new for old" on 'market value' so I'll review the agreed amount option then.
I generally bounce between Suncorp and RACQ and over the past 2 year Suncorp have been much much higher than RACQ. As such, I hope the merger fails.

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

And don't get it wet

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From my research and experience

AAMI proven off road coverage any where, but premium and min excess a bit more.

Allianz a bit cheaper a lesser excess Available. Off road coverage is not 100% clear but they say anywhere.

Market value is best option were they have new for old replacement, and significantly cheaper. Will revisit afyer 2 years when new for old is no longer available.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Les - there is a thread on Aussie insurance for the Grenadier with heaps of recent quotes.

Based on my particulars I got insurance through YOUI for $1,065 - which was the cheapest I could find
I got a Youi policy yesterday (still in the cooling off period)
But they do say they won't pay if "22. the car being used in a manner or under conditions inappropriate for the type of car or outside the manufacturer's specifications or recommendations"

Which I presume means the Grenadier is covered offroad for most situations, barring bad consequences of stupid decisions (e.g. 4x4 24/7 style)

Back
Top Bottom