The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
Nup, no reason. 🤷‍♂️

I guess all of those who paid deposits in May '22 immediately gave Ineos 6+ months of work, so

May 22 -> Feb 23 does not imply that June 22 -> Mar 23 (order -> contract)

... but without any communication from Ineos, who knows?

I don't hassle relentlessly for updates, since I don't think the dealers' info is worth anything, and have preferred just to trust in the process. But I admit that my faith and enthusiasm is waning.

If the Americas start to get contracts and cars before me, I'm cancelling. No offence to US purchasers.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
Nup, no reason. 🤷‍♂️

I guess all of those who paid deposits in May '22 immediately gave Ineos 6+ months of work, so

I don't hassle relentlessly for updates, since I don't think the dealers' info is worth anything, and have preferred just to trust in the process. But I admit that my faith and enthusiasm is waning.

If the Americas start to get contracts and cars before me, I'm cancelling. No offence to US purchasers.
Don't lose hope, my Agent told me today cars are going into build without a contract issuing first.

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nup, no reason. 🤷‍♂️

I paid the deposit on the 4th August 22 and have heard nothing either. The agent can't tell me anything and the Ineos website email contact says it's still awaiting production. They still say I will get a contract before production.
My enthusiasm is also waning.
I've even built a new shed to house my Grenadier in. In the beginning I was worried that I would get the truck before the shed was finished!

Hang in there Sam. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks all. A first world problem for sure, but frustrating nonetheless.

I’m sure the car will be turn up unannounced and without a contract, eventually. Which is fine to an extent.

But also pretty rude too?

Local time
1:18 AM
Reaction score
Nup, no reason. 🤷‍♂️

Hi Sam,
On the positive side all the gremlins should be sorted out by the time you and I get our Grenadiers, they may even have working side indicators.
My dealer Adelaide Hills Motors have been fantastic and sold my Amarok for me for a good price, to soften the wait I bought a V8 twin turbo Porsche ( 955 Cayenne Turbo 2.7 to 1 low range ) 1 owner low kilometres in immaculate condition for very little, they are out there if you look and in my opinion well under priced.
The hardest thing for me will be trying to keep my licence before the Ineos comes, 955 Turbos are a lot of fun.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Sam,
On the positive side all the gremlins should be sorted out by the time you and I get our Grenadiers, they may even have working side indicators.
this is what I tell myself, and want

yet, worryingly, recent Aus deliveries have included cars with sub-1000 VIN numbers, from the start of the year

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just got off the chat line on the IG web page and was told that my vehicle had gone in to production on 30/8/23. 😂. Was told that i can get Vin # once it is out of production. No contract as yet. Ordered & $5k deposit paid 23/1/2023. Chatter could get no details on the side indicators.Sounds like still a retrofit once they arrive in country.

Reactions: Sam

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
this is what I tell myself, and want

yet, worryingly, recent Aus deliveries have included cars with sub-1000 VIN numbers, from the start of the year
yes (mine is 1715, made in early Feb and delivered 1/9/23), but then these "early" VIN's were all batched & held for 14 weeks to fix the various production issues, (transfer case swap, door handle, software etc.) which of course yours will also not have.

Reactions: Sam

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can't see this facility... where to find?
On a desktop or laptop computer go to IG website. https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/au/buying-the-grenadier. Should be able to copy line and go straight to buying tab.
On the IG website, the buying tab should be open, there is a chat box on top RHS of page, just under the banner. Click on the talky balloon and should open the chat box at bottom of page.
Cheers

Terry

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks (y)

For others reference, I cannot get this feature to work on my Mac, using either Safari or Chrome, both with pop-ups allowed. Looks like this feature is working on my PC using Chrome, so will give it a try

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
but then these "early" VIN's were all batched & held for 14 weeks to fix the various production issues, (transfer case swap, door handle, software etc.) which of course yours will also not have.
Not all early VINs that needed them, had transfer cases swapped at the factory.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
It's been a long almost 2 years since the reservation , and May 22 order but I'm at the last hurdle. Waiting for the side indicator from Melbourne , hopefully tomorrow - and then pickup when we travel to Launceston on Friday.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Live chat feature tells me my car was built in July and is awaiting transport...

They would not provide the VIN
I found the first time I tried they said they couldn’t provide the VIN but tried again and got a different person and did get it.

Back
Top Bottom