The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score
Finally got to pick mine up Saturday.
Very happy to physically have it finally. I have been following for quite awhile, before "reservations" were a thing (like most here I imagine)

I have been watching my car move through the agents from holding yard to work shops, without a single call to say it was there, or an update at all. (I do have a relationship with the service manager which is how I knew they were on the way)

The actual agent experience and process has been haphazard at best. A different person in a different office, out of different show room nearly every vist. This would explain the lack of information as no one appears to truly know what was going on. I was the one chasing and there would be promises of call back that never happened. I used this to push delivery at the end, else I would still be waiting.

The delivery handover was amusing with the person clearly not knowing or understanding the car. To be fair they had only just been given the job of the dealing with the brand the day before, and a single training/information day on it. Clearly we as enthusiasts and early adopters are far more intrinsically familiar with this vehicle. It saying that, it is still not a good representation of the brand and image.

There are minor annoyances with the car, like the tow hitch that I have posted about. This is what comes with the car apparently, and Australian tow plugs? The sound system is average at best, no tone controls I can see. There was a screw/clip in mine missing off the flooring that secures it in the driver's well. Why wasn't that picked up in PDI. The durable flooring finish is below par, (I have seen the carpet version and its a very much nicer finished). Some more thought was clearly needed here. The rubber floor mats are laughably bad, especially the front (what were they even thinking in the design process of those).

Driving the car there has been a few gremlins, as has been previously noted by other owners. There was some water in the passenger foot well. I've had a PDC error show up, which is gone for now. (I had a OBD plug in at the time which may or may not be related) The park sensors have gone off a few times with nothing visibly around and no error mesage. The sensors appear to be overly sensitive as one of the times they went a little crazy, people were walking past the car on the side walk at a set of lights where I was turning (I'm wondering if they are now just picking up stuff near by when this happens) I just turned them off at hte time and was fine. The TPMS has also shown high temp erros at 40c and the pressures appear a little off. It was always hoped the car would be delivered perfectly, but realistically it is a brand new manufactured vehicle and issues were not unexpected. We signed up for this to be first. It would have been surprising if there wasn't any.

In spite of all of that, the car itself is great and the smile it imparts is brilliant. This has been a passion car that was desired long before it was ever a real thing. It was never a logical decision.

We've had lots of looks, stares, double takes and convos about it in just a day and half of having it. Including one very enthusiastic person hanging out the window waving and grinning from ear to ear. We have seen 3 others on the road with mutal acknowledgement (I assume all were at a local camping show). This all just goes to reinforce the passion we share for the vehicle.

I look forward to stuff being ironed out, but cant wait and am excited for the adventures ahead.

Cheers
Paul

Attachments

• 20230827_102721.jpg
    20230827_102721.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230826_102028.jpg
    20230826_102028.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very happy to physically have it finally. I have been following for quite awhile, before "reservations" were a thing (like most here I imagine)

I have been watching my car move through the agents from holding yard to work shops, without a single call to say it was there, or an update at all. (I do have a relationship with the service manager which is how I knew they were on the way)

The actual agent experience and process has been haphazard at best. A different person in a different office, out of different show room nearly every vist. This would explain the lack of information as no one appears to truly know what was going on. I was the one chasing and there would be promises of call back that never happened. I used this to push delivery at the end, else I would still be waiting.

The delivery handover was amusing with the person clearly not knowing or understanding the car. To be fair they had only just been given the job of the dealing with the brand the day before, and a single training/information day on it. Clearly we as enthusiasts and early adopters are far more intrinsically familiar with this vehicle. It saying that, it is still not a good representation of the brand and image.

There are minor annoyances with the car, like the tow hitch that I have posted about. This is what comes with the car apparently, and Australian tow plugs? The sound system is average at best, no tone controls I can see. There was a screw/clip in mine missing off the flooring that secures it in the driver's well. Why wasn't that picked up in PDI. The durable flooring finish is below par, (I have seen the carpet version and its a very much nicer finished). Some more thought was clearly needed here. The rubber floor mats are laughably bad, especially the front (what were they even thinking in the design process of those).

Driving the car there has been a few gremlins, as has been previously noted by other owners. There was some water in the passenger foot well. I've had a PDC error show up, which is gone for now. (I had a OBD plug in at the time which may or may not be related) The park sensors have gone off a few times with nothing visibly around and no error mesage. The sensors appear to be overly sensitive as one of the times they went a little crazy, people were walking past the car on the side walk at a set of lights where I was turning (I'm wondering if they are now just picking up stuff near by when this happens) I just turned them off at hte time and was fine. The TPMS has also shown high temp erros at 40c and the pressures appear a little off. It was always hoped the car would be delivered perfectly, but realistically it is a brand new manufactured vehicle and issues were not unexpected. We signed up for this to be first. It would have been surprising if there wasn't any.

In spite of all of that, the car itself is great and the smile it imparts is brilliant. This has been a passion car that was desired long before it was ever a real thing. It was never a logical decision.

We've had lots of looks, stares, double takes and convos about it in just a day and half of having it. Including one very enthusiastic person hanging out the window waving and grinning from ear to ear. We have seen 3 others on the road with mutal acknowledgement (I assume all were at a local camping show). This all just goes to reinforce the passion we share for the vehicle.

I look forward to stuff being ironed out, but cant wait and am excited for the adventures ahead.

Cheers
Paul
like the plates

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Cheers
Paul
Not sure who your dealer is but looking at the window they also do Peugeot, so I assume a multi brand dealership.
I have noticed a few people have similar experiences when dealing with "ordinary" car dealerships.
There are some exceptions but I have found that generally car dealerships are just too busy and set in their ways.
Low volume, enthusiast vehicles, have different types of buyers who are generally buying with a bit of passion rather than complete rationale.
Very different to a person buying a wheeled household appliance.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone whose Gren was on the Tortugas (from Port Brisbane) had a call yet? Selling my current car today, now on Shanks's Pony.
Yeah.
Vehicle is on the RAV and now at the dealers awaiting detailing. Cutting things fine as we are leaving on holidays on Wednesday and I have to decide whether to start loading the current vehicle or not.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine was one of the ones from the Figaro that docked on the 11th and I picked up on the 23rd. To the best of my knowledge there were 20 Grenadiers for the Sydney Agent on the Figaro and they all went there within a week. There are 3 possibilities I can think of for the previous ship.
1. There were actually no Grenadiers on it.
2. There was a Quarantine finding on the ship which apparently adds up to 6 additional weeks for clearance
3. They are all interstate or regional deliveries and they are having trouble scheduling transporters.
There were Grenadiers on that RoRo because according to my agent mine (and a number of Melbourne customers' cars were on it).

It could be your explaination 2. although I assume the 20 July RoRo into Port Kembla followed same route as others (i.e. only South Africa & Australia).

I suspect #3 is the reason, especially if there are quite a few Grenadiers for southern Australia, e.g. 20 for Melbourne, 5 for Tas & 5 for SA.

However, as INEOS Australia made the logistical decision to divert these cars to NSW instead of Port Melbourne, then you would imagine they would have also organised 4 or 5 transporters to coinside with docking & release?

Still +30 days off the ship sitting somewhere on a holding area is a long time waiting for transport south.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure who your dealer is but looking at the window they also do Peugeot, so I assume a multi brand dealership.
I have noticed a few people have similar experiences when dealing with "ordinary" car dealerships.
There are some exceptions but I have found that generally car dealerships are just too busy and set in their ways.
Low volume, enthusiast vehicles, have different types of buyers who are generally buying with a bit of passion rather than complete rationale.
Dave - my agent (who is a very exprienced car dealer & "on the ball") has said as much to me. They sell volume (BMW, Benz, Ford, Nissan, Peugot & many others). He is the only person dealing with the INEOS brand and has admitted he just doesn't have enough time to be constantly chasing up individual customer details from INEOS on a daily basis, especially when INEOS have not been proactive.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dave - my agent (who is a very exprienced car dealer & "on the ball") has said as much to me. They sell volume (BMW, Benz, Ford, Nissan, Peugot & many others). He is the only person dealing with the INEOS brand and has admitted he just doesn't have enough time to be constantly chasing up individual customer details from INEOS on a daily basis, especially when INEOS have not been proactive.
Credit to him for being honest

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I believe this is very much the case. Agent is Brian Hilton and they are a major dealer for Toyota snd many othet brands

There are a couple in the know, like the service manager, but delivery isnt their game. They were hold from Ineos for number of weeks for delivery until Ineos had been out and run them through the vehicles/ process

I have little doubt that it will improve though once the dedicated Ineos showroom that is under construction is completed and the Brand gets its own home.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe this is very much the case. Agent is Brian Hilton and they are a major dealer for Toyota snd many othet brands

There are a couple in the know, like the service manager, but delivery isnt their game. They were hold from Ineos for number of weeks for delivery until Ineos had been out and run them through the vehicles/ process

I have little doubt that it will improve though once the dedicated Ineos showroom that is under construction is completed and the Brand gets its own home.
We are lucky in Sydney with Purnell because we get the best of both worlds. They have a spin off from their main dealership (JLR) with dedicated staff, but they have the benefits of an experienced dealership and workshop.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's a bit of the "perfect storm" situation, especially for those linked to larger multi-brand agents:

a new niche low volume product
being bought by very eager customers
from a new auto maker finding their way
using many dealers (agents) used to higher volume product from auto makers with proven delivery processes & exprienced staff

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone whose Gren was on the Tortugas (from Port Brisbane) had a call yet? Selling my current car today, now on Shanks's Pony.View attachment 7825033
Yes and picked it up last Friday, a Trialmaster, they called me Thursday - just needed final detail and rego. Believe I was 'lucky' enough to score the side indicators which are in demand. 😀

Have only driven it for about 50 minutes. Feels same as my test drives in the PT02 vehicles. Jumped in to drive home and noticed bonnet was still up a little so drove straight into a shopping centre carpark to close it. Oops, immediately recalled the turning circle. After the drive home felt used to the driving position/steering. No issue, left knee does rest on the centre consul though. Matter of fact jumped straight into my Touareg and the steering in it felt odd.. 😅

I'll likely do a more detailed review once I've driven and towed with it. Couple of things. This is my first new car and I'm known as being picky. Have noticed a couple of things whilst I'm disassembling parts to fit UHF, Brake controller, USB ports, Rear View clip on mirror/dash cam and rear camera, Ctek 250, side and rear external LEDs, Mawby hooks.

Although it had been detailed, it's obvious when taking exterior moldings off that the vehicle has sat outside in the weather for a substantial amount of time. Has an under 1000 vin built in Jan23. It has the updated 'B' transfer case. Shows a couple of the usual errors but they generally go away. (Dealer says update next month 😶)

Fit is generally very good with the exception of the plastic fuel cover that has dropped out of alignment. Top front corner of drivers side rear door has rubbed on the body and taken paint off. Also a small pinhole in corner of one of the door cards, not a biggy but I notice those things.

I dropped my van on the towbar (it has a 250kg ball weight) and it dropped around 4cm, happy with that, no need to upgrade springs etc. I will have to find another hitch as I need it to come out a little further from the receiver as I need room to fit 'stonestomper' mudflaps (bracket) - another two inches out from the receiver should sort it. Might be able to drill another hole in the supplied hitch but will be close.

I have made up a bracket to fit the Ctek 250 and although the bracket fits ok, the 250 itself doesn't fit as the temperature cable hits hard on a seat bracket. I'll need to adjust the mounting a little. I've seen others fitted ok on the forum so not sure why. Maybe others were fitted to the utility version and this gave a little more room. Was certainly worth the while disassembling the battery covers to access this space, would hate to do this for the first time if I needed to replace the battery in a hurry.

Other than that and in my limited driving experience, it's a real joy. Everything is so sturdy and well built as others have reported. I should have it back on the road in a week or so as I get time to fit everything. Oh, I did order the Donaldson cyclone head for the raised air intake. Wow, it's massive and wouldn't look out of place on a Mack truck. I'll likely see if there's something smaller that will fit. On that note, still to come is the fitting kit for the cyclone and rear table. 😃

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes and picked it up last Friday, a Trialmaster, they called me Thursday - just needed final detail and rego. Believe I was 'lucky' enough to score the side indicators which are in demand. 😀

Have only driven it for about 50 minutes. Feels same as my test drives in the PT02 vehicles. Jumped in to drive home and noticed bonnet was still up a little so drove straight into a shopping centre carpark to close it. Oops, immediately recalled the turning circle. After the drive home felt used to the driving position/steering. No issue, left knee does rest on the centre consul though. Matter of fact jumped straight into my Touareg and the steering in it felt odd.. 😅

I'll likely do a more detailed review once I've driven and towed with it. Couple of things. This is my first new car and I'm known as being picky. Have noticed a couple of things whilst I'm disassembling parts to fit UHF, Brake controller, USB ports, Rear View clip on mirror/dash cam and rear camera, Ctek 250, side and rear external LEDs, Mawby hooks.

Although it had been detailed, it's obvious when taking exterior moldings off that the vehicle has sat outside in the weather for a substantial amount of time. Has an under 1000 vin built in Jan23. It has the updated 'B' transfer case. Shows a couple of the usual errors but they generally go away. (Dealer says update next month 😶)

Fit is generally very good with the exception of the plastic fuel cover that has dropped out of alignment. Top front corner of drivers side rear door has rubbed on the body and taken paint off. Also a small pinhole in corner of one of the door cards, not a biggy but I notice those things.

I dropped my van on the towbar (it has a 250kg ball weight) and it dropped around 4cm, happy with that, no need to upgrade springs etc. I will have to find another hitch as I need it to come out a little further from the receiver as I need room to fit 'stonestomper' mudflaps (bracket) - another two inches out from the receiver should sort it. Might be able to drill another hole in the supplied hitch but will be close.

I have made up a bracket to fit the Ctek 250 and although the bracket fits ok, the 250 itself doesn't fit as the temperature cable hits hard on a seat bracket. I'll need to adjust the mounting a little. I've seen others fitted ok on the forum so not sure why. Maybe others were fitted to the utility version and this gave a little more room. Was certainly worth the while disassembling the battery covers to access this space, would hate to do this for the first time if I needed to replace the battery in a hurry.

Other than that and in my limited driving experience, it's a real joy. Everything is so sturdy and well built as others have reported. I should have it back on the road in a week or so as I get time to fit everything. Oh, I did order the Donaldson cyclone head for the raised air intake. Wow, it's massive and wouldn't look out of place on a Mack truck. I'll likely see if there's something smaller that will fit. On that note, still to come is the fitting kit for the cyclone and rear table. 😃
Does sound like you got lucky Re: side indicators - 3 weeks from port delivery into your hands - beautiful!!

Many thanks for the initial comments - I added a couple of "items" to my growing list of things to check/buy/attach/investigate.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Just rang my agent as it's been 40 days since the vehcile arrived in port.
He tells me they have 6 in Launceston , all awaiting parts (not stocked in Melbourne) - thus from the UK.
Plus ~25 hrs recall work/car. Could included sunroof/door seals , hoses , who knows?
So I'm closer- but no closer if you l know what I mean. Interest is gathering on the money I've paid IA...

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just rang my agent as it's been 40 days since the vehcile arrived in port.
He tells me they have 6 in Launceston , all awaiting parts (not stocked in Melbourne) - thus from the UK.
Plus ~25 hrs recall work/car.
So I'm closer- but no closer if you l know what I mean. Interest in gathering on the money I've paid IA...
Crikey - hopefully they are all small and come by courier in 5 business days

so INEOS shipped Grenadiers needing parts - that seems an unusual process.

So as my car was on same boat as yours - then this could be reason mine is also held up.

Does your car have it's RAV?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Does your car have it's RAV?
No.
The agent is as frustrated as me!
btw he did say the side indicators were not the problem. It's stuff like roof racks etc.
My build has rocksliders and a bullbar so I'm not sure if they were factory installed or not.
He's sending me a pic later in the week.

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
No.
The agent is as frustrated as me!
btw he did say the side indicators were not the problem. It's stuff like roof racks etc.
My build has rocksliders and a bullbar so I'm not sure if they were factory installed or not.
He's sending me a pic later in the week.
So it drove on and off the RoRo, I assume it's something like but not actually indicators that does not meet design rules and your agent does not know? -Assumption is of course the mother of all F Ups.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
So it drove on and off the RoRo, I assume it's something like but not actually indicators that does not meet design rules and your agent does not know? -Assumption is of course the mother of all F Ups.
We have no idea. It's not on the RAV at this stage.
I don't even know which port it offloaded at.
To assume is to make an ass out of u and me!

Back
Top Bottom