The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
It seems like magic mushroom will be very popular, but having seen it in the flesh a few times I don't love it i'm afraid. A kind of weird porridge-like colour.
Yes a lot struggle with colour choice. Process of elimination for me. No dark colours due to heat, scratches and safety (visibility). That left SW, MM, EB & SB. EB is different but would get old fast IMO & SW is like a curdled cream, odd. So it was a coin toss between MM & SB. SB, nice around town but the MM looks more at home when you leave the blacktop.

Attachments

• IMG_20230405_192257.jpg
    IMG_20230405_192257.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Sam

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
Yes a lot struggle with colour choice. Process of elimination for me. No dark colours due to heat, scratches and safety (visibility). That left SW, MM, EB & SB. EB is different but would get old fast IMO & SW is like a curdled cream, odd. So it was a coin toss between MM & SB. SB, nice around town but the MM looks more at home when you leave the blacktop.
MM is where this vehicle looks it's best - In my new view anyway!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
MM is where this vehicle looks it's best - In my new view anyway!
I started with MM and, in the end went with SW.

I owned a 1980's G Wagen for many years in SW and so have the advantage of seeing it clean, dirty, in the bush, on the open road, down the street, on the farm - and I still reckon SW has the best classic off road look.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
According to IA rep back in Feb, as part of the first "update" of the Grenadier (2025?), an additional 6/8 colours added to the options
Part of me thinks NA might get something additional or different - we'll know soon enough though, May 17 is next week!

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
Part of me thinks NA might get something additional or different - we'll know soon enough though, May 17 is next week!
Ive been suspicious about this as well...I get the feeling you are on to something @Krabby

Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
How come UK owners are getting their hands on Grenadiers with VIN's in the 3,000 but Australian's with sub 1,500 VIN's aren't even on a bloody boat yet??
There's always a silver lining. They can find all the problems and Ineos can fix them before they put them on the ship. I think the 11 that came in recently need a little work before they can be released.

However if you are so on edge you could go down to Fremantle on the following days in the attached picture and gaze through the fence looking for your vehicle. Park up though, don't have an accident while you're rubber necking through the fences near the passenger terminal on Peter Hughes Drive or Tydeman Road, North Fremantle where the last lo were.

Maybe catch the train so you can drown your sorrows in the Sail & Anchor.
Cheers, Grey Nomad.

Carriers to Fremantle.JPG

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How come UK owners are getting their hands on Grenadiers with VIN's in the 3,000 but Australian's with sub 1,500 VIN's aren't even on a bloody boat yet??
I suspect they were running out of room and they prioritised getting vehicles to dealers and then prioritised getting the parts to those vehicles to get them moving, knowing it would be harder to do the remedial work on the Australian and African vehicles once they left Europe.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:34 PM
Reaction score
Maybe the French decided to deliver the ones with problems to the UK first. A poisoned gift…
strangely enough that so few cars have been delivered to customers in Germany…
I am with DaveB. This smells of conspiracy!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There's always a silver lining. They can find all the problems and Ineos can fix them before they put them on the ship. I think the 11 that came in recently need a little work before they can be released.

However if you are so on edge you could go down to Fremantle on the following days in the attached picture and gaze through the fence looking for your vehicle. Park up though, don't have an accident while you're rubber necking through the fences near the passenger terminal on Peter Hughes Drive or Tydeman Road, North Fremantle where the last lo were.

Maybe catch the train so you can drown your sorrows in the Sail & Anchor.
Cheers, Grey Nomad.

View attachment 7811742
I won't be driving my car from melbourne to look - it's still in bloody zeebrugge waiting!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mate, you were one of the first to order.

How do you know its still waiting?
agent told me last week it still not on a boat yet. Being angry won't get it here any quicker, so I just need to relax like everyone else still waiting!!

Anyway we are almost into winter so - I will now plan spring time activities with the Grenadier

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
agent told me last week it still not on a boat yet. Being angry won't get it here any quicker, so I just need to relax like everyone else still waiting!!

Anyway we are almost into winter so - I will now plan spring time activities with the Grenadier
You can always get some weed mat from Bunnings and make a cargo cover during the dark months.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can always get some weed mat from Bunnings and make a cargo cover during the dark months.
maybe - as I do find myself at Bunnings way too often as my wife, (working full-time) has helpfully provided me, (working 1 day a week) with a long list of DIY projects

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
maybe - as I do find myself at Bunnings way too often as my wife, (working full-time) has helpfully provided me, (working 1 day a week) with a long list of DIY projects
or you could drop by a "Spotlight"store and find a spring-loaded "Holland"-type roller blind of appropriate length/width:unsure:

Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I have a self filling list
Usually it's filled by me.
When you tend 7 acres and 7 old cars....

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
or you could drop by Spotlight and find a spring-loaded "Holland"-type roller blind of appropriate length/width:unsure:
You can pick old car ones up in wrecker's, or as I have done , in tip/recycling shops.

Back
Top Bottom