The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
Update on mine: error code now fixed but car cannot be released until the Great Software Update. And nobody knows when that will be.
How much interest on $120k am I losing/week?
Tazzie just what is the Great Software Upgrade supposed to fix ??

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
Update on mine: error code now fixed but car cannot be released until the Great Software Update. And nobody knows when that will be.
How much interest on $120k am I losing/week?
Perhaps sound advice is to not pay until confirmed ready for delivery. But I understand the method to your madness.

Do they have the update already like other dealers have, and are now rolling out?

Good luck mate, you’ll get there soon. And you’ll love it.

It’s sad seeing you post these sorts of posts after being a pillar of positivity for such a long time.

Oh, and the daily interest cost? By my calculations about a pint of good guinness per day.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps sound advice is to not pay until confirmed ready for delivery. But I understand the method to your madness.

Do they have the update already like other dealers have, and are now rolling out?

Good luck mate, you’ll get there soon. And you’ll love it.

It’s sad seeing you post these sorts of posts after being a pillar of positivity for such a long time.

Oh, and the daily interest cost? By my calculations about a pint of good guinness per day.
Yeah sorry to be so neg...had a couple of really hard months at work on top of a bad year in other ways ; needed the reward of a new car I've wanted for 6 years. Just felt deflated of late. I'll bounce back.
btw have any Australian dealers got the software update at this stage?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah sorry to be so neg...had a couple of really hard months at work on top of a bad year in other ways ; needed the reward of a new car I've wanted for 6 years. Just felt deflated of late. I'll bounce back.
Apparently they have it. But for some reason it isn’t loading on Australian spec cars so they are waiting for a resolution on that.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya. Lots of stuff going on here as well.
Chin up, you’ll have it soon. I’m now (after some fluffing around) waiting til next year for mine so will have to find other ways to find joy. Fortunately I’m a big boy that just rolls on with it so it’s all good. There’s a lot worse than us I’d suggest.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As my mum used to say "We've all got our crosses to bear"
She was rather churchy.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
Taz I too am hoping the software is rolled into our AUS SPEC cars. Given some of the electrical grievances, I am hesitant to take it before the update is properly loaded and tested and I was hoping for some feedback to come in before us in QLD get the batch on the TRAV!

PS: I received my contract in email yesterday - so going over it tonight. Time to COMMIT NO BACKING DOWN I AM PATIENTLY WAITING!

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You should ask for your vehicle without the big upgrade - after all they were happy to release them to all the early adopters so far.

It's not as if they can say it will be unsafe...

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
PS: I received my contract in email yesterday - so going over it tonight. Time to COMMIT NO BACKING DOWN I AM PATIENTLY WAITING!
No backing down for me now!
Ordered April 30th, signed Sept 13th so now happily committed!
So as build starts before signing I'm hopeful it will be ready to ship by November, maybe January delivery?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
No backing down for me now!
Ordered April 30th, signed Sept 13th so now happily committed!
So as build starts before signing I'm hopeful it will be ready to ship by November, maybe January delivery?
I ordered in May 22 and told people I was hopeful for late 2022 , maybe January 2023!
You just never know. Us early adopters have lived through some trying times!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered in May 22 and told people I was hopeful for late 2022 , maybe January 2023!
You just never know. Us early adopters have lived through some trying times!
Jan 23 turned in to (at best) Oct 23!!! 🤭

Local time
Reaction score
Our Grenadiers are finally heading in the right direction Les.

View attachment 7827292
DaveB Im a little confused. I received word from IA (Aust) that mine was aboard the Traviata some weeks/months ago (as shown above hanging around the Port Melbourne) but I also then also received word from Ineos that my vehicle was about to be landed at port (presumably Brisbane) on the 7th Sept. If that were the case, the vehicle carrier involved had to be one named Nambucco which came through the Panama Canal some weeks ago. So right now I dont know where it is and neither does my local Dealership here in Townsville as I rang and asked them this morning. I think the Ineos bloke in Brisbane is on holidays right now. Im beginning to wonder if Ineos hired a lot of EX JLR people back in the UK?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
DaveB Im a little confused. I received word from IA (Aust) that mine was aboard the Traviata some weeks/months ago (as shown above hanging around the Port Melbourne) but I also then also received word from Ineos that my vehicle was about to be landed at port (presumably Brisbane) on the 7th Sept. If that were the case, the vehicle carrier involved had to be one named Nambucco which came through the Panama Canal some weeks ago. So right now I dont know where it is and neither does my local Dealership here in Townsville as I rang and asked them this morning. I think the Ineos bloke in Brisbane is on holidays right now. Im beginning to wonder if Ineos hired a lot of EX JLR people back in the UK?
Traviata was originally scheduled to land in Brisbane on 2nd September, then 7th and then 9th.
I think it changed to 28th September last I saw

Local time
Reaction score
Traviata was originally scheduled to land in Brisbane on 2nd September, then 7th and then 9th.
I think it changed to 28th September last I saw
OK Dave B,
I now have it confirmed that you are correct -we are on the Traviata which is now docked in Melbourne. The Email I got about mine being in Port was BS from the UK so now look forward to it being in Brisbane on the 2nd Oct. I wont say what year though.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK Dave B,
I now have it confirmed that you are correct -we are on the Traviata which is now docked in Melbourne. The Email I got about mine being in Port was BS from the UK so now look forward to it being in Brisbane on the 2nd Oct. I wont say what year though.
If now actually docked in Melbourne then while it might still slip a day, based on previous observations since it doesn’t have to go to Port Kembla on the way by the looks of it, your delays are probably mostly behind you now

Back
Top Bottom