The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Frontrunner Ineos Grenadier Storage System

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
It looks good and simple. I like that.

I ended up building my own simple shelf. I wanted a slide for my fridge but also the ability to store front runner storage bags.

Attachments

• IMG_2221.jpeg
    IMG_2221.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2219.jpeg
    IMG_2219.jpeg
    338.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2206.jpeg
    IMG_2206.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2176.jpeg
    IMG_2176.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 27

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
I'm waiting on this too, otherwise, may have to build one like what Asnes has.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:48 PM
Reaction score
It looks good and simple. I like that.

I ended up building my own simple shelf. I wanted a slide for my fridge but also the ability to store front runner storage bags.
Looks good!

I'd build something myself but by the time I've bought the materials and put time into designing and making something to install it would cost me more than going to work and buying something off the shelf in this price range. My plan is to mount a fridge slide on one side of the platform, that way I can take the fridge out and still have a level surface for when I need to carry larger items.

A full custom install with fridge on one side and drawers on the other with a platform above would be great for touring but pricey and not so practical for day to day use...

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Scott Brady was the first to use it. He seemed to like it while driving across africa
His was a little different, I think the cargo area side of things was more or less the same but was modified to fold out and fill in the back seat area to make a sleeping platform. But it's a part of the reason I'm so interested in it with his thoughts on it during his Africa trip, and I've been more than happy with everything else I've got from Frontrunner!

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
I had never heard of or seen “Front Runner” products before now. I like seeing different applications of similar products as gives us choices. I also like its simplistic approach for a rear cargo set up. It is kind of amazing just how many Grenadier vendors there are out there now. If any are reading this, thank you all!!! 👍🙏

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For further info, the fridge slide I'm looking at is the Dometic/Frontrunner item for the CFX3 55IM (already have the fridge).

The platform depth of the storage system is long enough for this (25mm longer than the slide assembly). My idea was that I'd mount the slide to the storage system using the T-slot on the left and rear (front when at the back of the vehicle) which would give 30mm clearance at the front (rear of the slide) to clear the angled back seat.

With the slide being designed for the Dometic CFX3 55 there is 4 mounting points for the fridge in the slide (though the bottom) so you don't have to use straps through the handles to tie the fridge to the slide, though I'd like to use them as well given the corrugations I often drive on, worst case I may have to remove the rear handle to clear the seat and only use the front handle to put straps thorugh for additional security.

Back
Top Bottom