The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front diff failure

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
I am understanding you right that there is a diff oil change recommended after 1,000km?
There was no requirement for a 1000 km service that I was aware of. I recently got the 15000 km /12m service done and the diff oils were replaced as per the service requirement. The next replacement is around 90 thousand km....

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I assume, you were important as many people watched your journey and IA itself used it for promotion.

Bying stock spare parts costs money and I assume that is very tight at the moment. All incomes are needed to keep the thing running, to get new sales and to write new invoices.

Don't forget, sales numbers have decreased early in 2023 and still decrease, yet, while IA intended to double the number of build cars in 2024 compared to 2023. That would mean about 60,000 units where in 2023 the intended numbers were missed clearly. Is 60,000 units a realistic number? Ask yourself. How should that work? And how do suppliers react, which also can see the numbers and now the market and which may need to pre-finance if they are asked for parts for 60,000 units? In a niche market where Mercedes made a party when they sold 25,000 units of the G Wagon globally in one year (2016) for the first time. And the current model claimed up to 40,000+. Where should all the buyers come from for Ineos? Independent of if it is a good car or not They're not the only ones which offer and sell cars of that kind but they can't sell an alternative, yet. Every potential customer who doesn't want a 4x4 of that kind or price is a lost customer for IA. In addition a new car is developed at IA which eats up a lot of Euros.

I.m.h.o. opening new markets like South America is a must and a flee forward for IA.

AWo
I can't comment on the rest of the world but here in Australia there is a significant problem with a lack of sales and service agents. There is no Ineos presence outside the major population centres and they are few and far between. Mining companies, farmers, tourist operators will not purchase and have to drive long distances, often over 1500 to get to the nearest service. They will never break into the market unless something changes.

Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
I can't comment on the rest of the world but here in Australia there is a significant problem with a lack of sales and service agents. There is no Ineos presence outside the major population centres and they are few and far between. Mining companies, farmers, tourist operators will not purchase and have to drive long distances, often over 1500 to get to the nearest service. They will never break into the market unless something changes.
The miners, farmers and tourist operators like to stay with the familiar, easiest and most cost effective to service options and are very cautious with fleet choices. Most of the remote operators do their own fleet service and repairs, so as long as there is the efficient availability of parts, literature and diagnostic tooling the distance to the closest dealer becomes less of an issue in Australia.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The miners, farmers and tourist operators like to stay with the familiar, easiest and most cost effective to service options and are very cautious with fleet choices. Most of the remote operators do their own fleet service and repairs, so as long as there is the efficient availability of parts, literature and diagnostic tooling the distance to the closest dealer becomes less of an issue in Australia.
I agree with you mostly, but there are lots of small operators who don't. Parts, literature and diagnostic tooling are not available to me. Can you get them?

Back
Top Bottom