The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Factory winch rope replacement

DustCloud

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the rope on the factory winch rope? Mine got jammed on an angle pull moving a tree, and chewed the rope up.

It looks like I could perhaps remove the fairlead to gain sufficient access.... does anyone know if nuts behind the hex bolts are captive?

1722137562873.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the rope on the factory winch rope? Mine got jammed on an angle pull moving a tree, and chewed the rope up.

It looks like I could perhaps remove the fairlead to gain sufficient access.... does anyone know if nuts behind the hex bolts are captive?

View attachment 7864929
If you remove the front skid plate, you have somewhat a better access to the rope, but I don't know if this is sufficient to replace it.
20240628_165922.jpg

DustCloud

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the advise. An update. Turns out the bolts for the fairlead are backed by captive nuts, however it probably would not have been sufficient to use that as the only access as the rope had been forced into a tight mess and I had to cut it out in sections to remove it (un-spooling wasn't going to work).

With all the rope removed in parts I made the observation the red sleeve (which indicates its time to stop spooling, out as seen from the drivers seat perspective) was 3.2m-3.4m from the end of the rope (its about 20cm in length).

Next to make a new cable....

1722838862348.png

Back
Top Bottom