The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ERROR CODE P0461

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
Just got the truck back from service. 5,000 mile oil change and first service. I know it is not due until 10,000 but I'm an overachiever and old school. 5,000 miles and all mine get an oil change.

Anywho, been a week maybe two since getting it back. Filled up the tank and the engine light comes on. Immediately, I'm thinking I must not have tightened the gas cap. No dice. I get out the trusty OBD tool and it is throwing the error code P6401, I cannot find any detail related to this code. Anyone have a clue?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Do not clear the code.

Go to your dealer, they will give you a software update.

If you clear the code, you don't get the update.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:32 AM
Reaction score
Just got the truck back from service. 5,000 mile oil change and first service. I know it is not due until 10,000 but I'm an overachiever and old school. 5,000 miles and all mine get an oil change.

Anywho, been a week maybe two since getting it back. Filled up the tank and the engine light comes on. Immediately, I'm thinking I must not have tightened the gas cap. No dice. I get out the trusty OBD tool and it is throwing the error code P6401, I cannot find any detail related to this code. Anyone have a clue?
Or do you mean P0461, fuel overfill code?

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
P0461, yes. I rechecked this morning. The dummy light illuminated when I filled it up. I put my OBD on it and the darn code will not clear.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
P0461, yes. I rechecked this morning. The dummy light illuminated when I filled it up. I put my OBD on it and the darn code will not clear.
Do not clear the code. Proceed directly to your dealer.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. It won’t clear. I tried(repeatedly). Going to dealer in a couple hours.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What stinks is with that light on cruise control won't work. Kinda sucks when the dealer is hours away.

Reducs

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know for sure if this is what my CEL is, but it came on after my last fill up (only my 2nd fillup!). I'm now at 1/2 tank and it's still on. I've got a code reader arriving today, so hopefully I'll find out what's going on. Runs fine.

Also - when I filled up I stopped at the 1st click of the pump. I had to replace the evap charcoal cannister in the FJ and I'm sure that was from 'topping off' over the years. 😖

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apparently there is a new update for the fillup issue we are experiencing. There is also a new flash update for some safety feature having to do with turn signals.

Back
Top Bottom