The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electronic Throttle Control

CABluey1

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
I have one as well. Really big difference. I highly recommend. And i installed my self. Took me about 20 minutes. My only question with the IOPEDAL is does it negate any warranties on the vehicle? Can I keep it on when I go to the dealership or do I need to uninstall it?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
I left mine in place for the service. Any software flashes, etc should have no effect on the Pedal Box controller.
Hard to believe the controller doesn’t provide more power but but it certainly provides a smoother driving experience.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:25 AM
Reaction score

peterehc

In a lot of vehicles, the companies have a sports mode that eliminates that lag but I have a gut feeling that is not in the Ineos Grenadier psyche...we may see a variant in the Arcane range that touches on the sporty side of things ;)

Last edited:

JSDKMS!

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have one as well. Really big difference. I highly recommend. And i installed my self. Took me about 20 minutes. My only question with the IOPEDAL is does it negate any warranties on the vehicle? Can I keep it on when I go to the dealership or do I need to uninstall it?
Yes , no issue with warranty

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I left mine in place for the service. Any software flashes, etc should have no effect on the Pedal Box controller.
Hard to believe the controller doesn’t provide more power but but it certainly provides a smoother driving experience.
I am glad to hear that and yes, the smoother driving is brilliant. I find the B57 is so quick to respond I have dialed my Ultimate 9 back to 5. Honestly, in Launch mode, you are right there is no more power but it is instant and I have no real need for that but for fun (y)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:25 PM
Reaction score
I am glad to hear that and yes, the smoother driving is brilliant. I find the B57 is so quick to respond I have dialed my Ultimate 9 back to 5. Honestly, in Launch mode, you are right there is no more power but it is instant and I have no real need for that but for fun (y)

Agreed - 5 is my daily drive input, anything more and you need to drive it too aggressively for around town driving.

I also tried economy mode but that’s useless around town driving, needs too much input. Probably ideal for highway cruising though.

Funny, going back to manufacturer settings it seems very sluggish, and the initial lag - how did we put up with that?

Thanks @Clark Kent @Tazzieman et al for the vote of confidence that talked me into trying this.

Squizz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For Australian users the EVC X401 is on sale for the next 4 days here. EDIT: sale was extended.

I have not done an extensive review of Australian pricing but that seemed cheaper than all the other sites I looked at for that model. The BMW version is 401 or X401 (I believe, but do your own research before you buy).
I didn't do my homework and just bought the one in the link. The EVC X401 connectors don't fit.
UPDATE:
Everyone is correct that the EVC X401 is the correct model. It was my mistake in just not looking at it properly. I contacted Ultimate9 and they confirmed it is the correct model.

Last edited:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I didn't do my homework and just bought the one in the link. The EVC X401 connectors don't fit.
I have been using the EVC X401 for eight months, seems to fit OK on my Grenadier

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Several owners have the X401 fitted on their Grenadier, so recheck the model they sent you - some other models are close to the numbering and easily confused. I almost bought the wrong one.

Local time
Reaction score
Great question @DenisM.

I saw your question early enough to test this on my home commute today. No change.

The ETC was in Adaptive (learning) mode which is still quick off the mark.
I used the throttle to get to 40km/h, the lowest speed the cruise control will engage, then I hit RESume and took my foot off the pedal (cruise was set at 80km/h). The rate of acceleration dropped once the cruise control took over from the pedal and the vehicle accelerated at the normal leisurely rate for cruise control.

The ETC modifies the signal between the pedal and the ECU. Cruise control is normally independent of the pedal; effectively a parallel input to the ECU. According to my pants-ometer, there was no interaction between the ETC and cruise control in this test.
This is my experience as well. Still playing with the settings to get it right. I found Adaptive was too aggressive, might have to give it more time to Adapt. Well worth the investment.

Squizz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have been using the EVC X401 for eight months, seems to fit OK on my Grenadier
I contacted Ultimate9 and they confirmed it is the right model. It was my mistake for just looking at the plugs, seeing they are different, and concluding the difference meant it wouldn't work.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am about to invest in a throttle controller - was with the wife the other day and went to move through a roundabout and it just lagged more than usual... meaning I was nowhere near far enough away from the incoming as I generally like!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am about to invest in a throttle controller - was with the wife the other day and went to move through a roundabout and it just lagged more than usual... meaning I was nowhere near far enough away from the incoming as I generally like!
You will appreciate the difference. Best value aftermarket accessory so far. Although I do like my rear cargo shelf very much, also.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If you use the TC on a perky setting , in "factory" mode it feels like a complete slug.

Reactions: Max

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

It doesn’t get rid of it completely, but it’s much better than factory. I find Ultimate 6 sufficient. Tazzie has suggested Adapt and let it sort out how you drive but I haven’t done that yet.
I’m going to experiment a bit on the beach next week and see if Anti-Slip or Eco does the job there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom