The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Electronic Throttle Control

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
It doesn’t get rid of it completely, but it’s much better than factory. I find Ultimate 6 sufficient. Tazzie has suggested Adapt and let it sort out how you drive but I haven’t done that yet.
I’m going to experiment a bit on the beach next week and see if Anti-Slip does the job there.
My PedalBox Pro seems to have completely got rid of the lag on my diesel. Might be I am less attuned than yourself. Certainly doesn’t leave me wanting at roundabouts.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
My PedalBox Pro seems to have completely got rid of the lag on my diesel. Might be I am less attuned than yourself. Certainly doesn’t leave me wanting at roundabouts.

It’s funny because when I first installed it the lag was all but gone, but I find it creeping back a bit with the surge at the end but more punch. Nowhere near as bad, but it’s there. More noticeable when I’m trying to drive off sedately than when I give it some.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s funny because when I first installed it the lag was all but gone, but I find it creeping back a bit with the surge at the end but more punch. Nowhere near as bad, but it’s there. More noticeable when I’m trying to drive off sedately than when I give it some.
Might be that new knee you got from Costco?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It doesn’t get rid of it completely, but it’s much better than factory. I find Ultimate 6 sufficient. Tazzie has suggested Adapt and let it sort out how you drive but I haven’t done that yet.
I’m going to experiment a bit on the beach next week and see if Anti-Slip or Eco does the job there.
Nice. What brands are you all running - I probably should re-read this entire thread but cooking dinner! iDrive or Ultimate series?

Local time
Reaction score
Great thread was getting concerned I had some medical condition with signal between the brain and foot!
The lag on my diesel on my diesel can be a little concerning at junctions and roundabout, just ordered a pedal box pro.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Nice. What brands are you all running - I probably should re-read this entire thread but cooking dinner! iDrive or Ultimate series?

Ultimate
On reflection I think what’s happening is not so much the lag but a surge because it’s launching forward at Ultimate 7 (what I checked it was on today). It’s fine when I’m heading off normally, but when I’m in traffic and want to idle off gently with everyone else it kicks in a bit too fast. Part of the issue I think is that 1st gear wants to get into 2nd really quickly.
I’ll back it off to U5 again and see if that sorts it.

Or I could relocate somewhere without traffic- that could sort all sorts of problems. 😂

Unimog 406

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Posted for the benefit of second second hand buyers.
Having just taken delivery of my second "New previously unregistered Grenadier" build date October 23, the 1st vehicle build date May 23 and registered at the end of June 23. What a difference in throttle action, no engine response lag, smooth take off and controllable, none of the sluggish gearbox/engine interaction pulling away off the line as if loaded. Infotainment works, steering is far more responsive and relaxing to drive! A totally different pleasurable vehicle.
My advice don't buy until until you try! Take the vehicle out for the day on a long test drive in all traffic conditions. Yes it's different to competitors but in my experience not all the "early builds" are the same!

Just fitted a Bison roof rack and load bed side storage units, all top quality, aesthetic design, simple assembly, built for purpose. Would certainly withstand Dynamic loads and very cost effective (5 Zloty to the GBP). I would never never never buy Swiss again "AND" Bison customer service 100%.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
what mode are you using and do you have to use the pedalbox fob/or app everytime?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
I am about to invest in a throttle controller - was with the wife the other day and went to move through a roundabout and it just lagged more than usual... meaning I was nowhere near far enough away from the incoming as I generally like!
I have experimented with this feeling of lag and have in my opinion found that the torque of the diesel moves through the gears quite quickly and holds in high gears, so when you approach a corner or a roundabout you think you have nearly coming to a halt but you could very well be in second or third gear which means you are in a low rev range and yes I have driven the petrol version which feels like you are not suffering the lag as much because it drops down a gear and holds a gear longer going up. In my experiment, I played with manually holding the vehicle at 2000rpm for whatever the situation was, like coming into a corner and coming out, it is in the rev range that has no lag and punches on quite well...it is not for my normal driving but if you want to move a little faster it works...I am running The Ultimate set at 5...seems fine for me (y)

Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have experimented with this feeling of lag and have in my opinion found that the torque of the diesel moves through the gears quite quickly and holds in high gears, so when you approach a corner or a roundabout you think you have nearly coming to a halt but you could very well be in second or third gear which means you are in a low rev range and yes I have driven the petrol version which feels like you are not suffering the lag as much because it drops down a gear and holds a gear longer going up. In my experiment, I played with manually holding the vehicle at 2000rpm for whatever the situation was, like coming into a corner and coming out, it is in the rev range that has no lag and punches on quite well...it is not for my normal driving but if you want to move a little faster it works...I am running The Ultimate set at 5...seems fine for me (y)
As a gadget I really want to get an ETC. But the petrol is quite peppy as delivered, so I don’t think I need more!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As a gadget I really want to get an ETC. But the petrol is quite peppy as delivered, so I don’t think I need more!
Wait until you have a drive of one with an ETC fitted 😉

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Tazzieman

beat me to it but he is right and his Ultimate is on Adapt setting which I did try but will give it another go, I think the diesel and petrol characters have their own sweet spots :)

jert

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
Got the Pedal Box Pro installed and more than happy. Delay reduced to a min., low-modus perfect for technical sections or hooking up a trailer, additional security w/ locking ability.

Attachments

• IMG_6073.jpeg
    IMG_6073.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got the Pedal Box Pro installed and more than happy. Delay reduced to a min., low-modus perfect for technical sections or hooking up a trailer, additional security w/ locking ability.
Diesel or petrol engine if you don't mind me asking? (y)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Tazzieman

beat me to it but he is right and his Ultimate is on Adapt setting which I did try but will give it another go, I think the diesel and petrol characters have their own sweet spots :)
Mine's petrol; it's not always on adapt but I like its responsiveness in and out of traffic, plus lots of hills near my neck of the woods.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ordered my x401 last night, only because of all the positive stories. Have the petrol, on the highway it rocks. In town, it will only do “sluggish” or “drag racer”. I am looking for the “in between”. However, I must say the factory setting is really good off road, in both high and low.

Back
Top Bottom