The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Electric Side Steps

Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
Yeah mine was left out. I didn’t want to argue about it so I paid another 60 bucks for DHL shipping which is the fastest. Hopefully I get all the hardware soon. I will say that everything looks very well built.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:28 AM
Reaction score
Yeah mine was left out. I didn’t want to argue about it so I paid another 60 bucks for DHL shipping which is the fastest. Hopefully I get all the hardware soon. I will say that everything looks very well built.
Did you buy direct from the manufacturer? Item does look very robust and well packaged. Only thing I'm not sure of is how the black/red wires are connected to the OBD port (or is it wires near the OBD port that the red/black need to connect?)

Local time
Reaction score
Did you buy direct from the manufacturer? Item does look very robust and well packaged. Only thing I'm not sure of is how the black/red wires are connected to the OBD port (or is it wires near the OBD port that the red/black need to connect?)
Yeah got it direct. Not bad I’ll have the hardware by tomorrow and hopefully do this on Friday.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7848162
View attachment 7848163

View attachment 7848164OK, got them installed. They work fine, step is lower and easier to climb in to seat now. Wiring harness threaded behind ODB port, well concealed. The motors are reasonably tucked under. This is not an easy install and the supplied instruction manual is very rudimentary, they need to improve that. Overall am please with how it turned out.
Now have a plug that connects directly to the white/green connector, no splicing wires required. Plug is located left side wall of vehicle above left foot of driver in LHD vehicle. Can see and remove without removing any plastics, just look up in footwell.
white green plug and connector.jpg

Shroomy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
Rockslide replied and said not at this time
Same Here I reached out to Rockslide Engineering. I figured the more Grenadier owners that reach out showing that there is interest the more likely they may start working on them. These would be such a great option for Overlanding and getting the wife back in since I moved to 35"'s. Funny that my Grenadier on 35's makes my Jeep 392 on 37's look small.
IMG_7369.jpg

IMG_7386.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
Got mine mounted. First step took a while because I didn’t know how many shims I needed. I’d like to believe that all the trucks are the same. So for the next person installing, after back and forth I used one shim for each of the bolts on the fronts of the brackets. Backs don’t need any.

Attachments

• IMG_4940.mov
    5.9 MB

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got mine mounted. First step took a while because I didn’t know how many shims I needed. I’d like to believe that all the trucks are the same. So for the next person installing, after back and forth I used one shim for each of the bolts on the fronts of the brackets. Backs don’t need any.

Looking good! What brand did you order?

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks / the link would be much appreciated!
Here you go

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $600.00 | Electric Power Running Board Retractable Side Steps Automatic Nerf Bar Deployable Foot Pedals Powersteps For Ineos Grenadier

alexplore

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
I recently installed the steps from Summer Auto Parts. Their delivery was fast, taking less than a week, and their communication was consistently prompt and responsive. Although the instructions provided were not very comprehensive, requiring some problem-solving on my part, the final outcome was great. The side steps look and perform great, meeting my expectations for good quality and subtle appearance while being ready for use when needed. Initially, I was concerned about their stability since they attach to the body rather than the frame, but after testing, there were no issues at all.

In addition to the shared info in this thread for these steps, I added sealant between the plaque and body where hardware connects, as I had to remove some original water seals. Next, cut the plastic trim for the mechanism to fold; I found 7 inches worked well. Lastly, plan wire placement inside the cabin; I routed mine under the door frame channel where other wires run. For grounding, use the spot behind the driver's side footrest.

Everyone has different preferences for side steps or rock sliders. These fit what I was looking for, and it's great to see the variety increasing so there’s something for everyone.

Attachments

• 20240826_032340961_iOS.jpeg
    20240826_032340961_iOS.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • 20240826_032910503_iOS.jpeg
    20240826_032910503_iOS.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240825_031830778_iOS.jpeg
    20240825_031830778_iOS.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
  • 20240825_031723444_iOS.jpeg
    20240825_031723444_iOS.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
  • 20240825_031155451_iOS.jpeg
    20240825_031155451_iOS.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 20240825_031116789_iOS.jpeg
    20240825_031116789_iOS.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 40

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I recently installed the steps from Summer Auto Parts. Their delivery was fast, taking less than a week, and their communication was consistently prompt and responsive. Although the instructions provided were not very comprehensive, requiring some problem-solving on my part, the final outcome was great. The side steps look and perform great, meeting my expectations for good quality and subtle appearance while being ready for use when needed. Initially, I was concerned about their stability since they attach to the body rather than the frame, but after testing, there were no issues at all.

In addition to the shared info in this thread for these steps, I added sealant between the plaque and body where hardware connects, as I had to remove some original water seals. Next, cut the plastic trim for the mechanism to fold; I found 7 inches worked well. Lastly, plan wire placement inside the cabin; I routed mine under the door frame channel where other wires run. For grounding, use the spot behind the driver's side footrest.

Everyone has different preferences for side steps or rock sliders. These fit what I was looking for, and it's great to see the variety increasing so there’s something for everyone.

Well done! I’m expecting mine next week and will use your tips thanks!

alexplore

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
Well done! I’m expecting mine next week and will use your tips thanks!
Let me know if you have any question during the process, happy to help, it took me a Saturday to install -doing it carefully and taking the time.

• Some additional tips to keep in mind. Make a test of the motor before any installation, you can do this by connecting the wiring just to power, ground and signal. If they fold, you are good to go and start the real fun. Optionally, you could leave the cable management inside the vehicle at the end, I suggest you focus on the external part first since you will know how much wire is left to hide and identify the right spot. For me it worked well this way, but it is your choice, you can start inside out.
  • To pass the wire inside the vehicle from left to right, remove the center console side panels. It's quite easy to remove them, and the vehicle is designed to be modified! No drama at removing panels, just be careful on the first ones so you get the feeling on how much to put pressure.
  • For the exterior, removing the plastic trim is essential for installing and fixing the mechanism; there's no alternative. The steps for removal the plastic trim is quite simple. Two screws on one side close to the from tires and just pull them out carefully. They come out easily.
  • As you install the hinges, I suggest sealing as you go. You can get that black sealant on any auto parts store that is waterproof.
  • You will install the hinges but do not tight the nuts since you will require to adjust the position once you do some testing.
  • Cut the plastic trim, put it back (do not fix the screws you removed initially yet) make a test, if the hinges fold without touching the plastic trim you are ready for adjustment. For me 7 inches depth worked, and you can see in the photo, could be a bit less.

Two adjustments are needed.

1. Against the plastic the plastic trim. This ensures the step aligns correctly with the plastic trims when closed, so you have equal gap between the step and the plastic trim – and the reason you do not want to tight the nuts yet. Once this is good you can tight the nuts.
  1. The step being centered. You do not tight the chromed screws at fixing the step util you verify this adjustment right to left, you will need to watch it is centered. Once this is done you are good to go and put back the screws to fix the trim.

After completing this, proceed to the wiring step by passing the wire through the drain hole beneath the carpet (if present). To remove the carpet, it's recommended to take off the plastic trim in the door frame. Underneath there is also a black plastic trim, that I suggest you also remove, as this will make it easier to route the wires afterward.

From this point is final wire connection, cable management, and put it back together. It is a fun project, just be patient. Have fun!

HiddeH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:28 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for uploading to the resources area. Much better quality than the one with the package.
Got the steps installed, added a handle bar on the driver side and also an upgrade with the Fox steering stabiliser. Improved handling greatly.

Attachments

• 345f39f7-7df4-4ccc-9b80-3491cbec34d8.mp4
    1.9 MB

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For RHD vehicles you may need to change settings in the step controller. Out of the box I had left rear door opening right step and visa verse. To change the set up for RHD vehicles you need to download the app 'Smart CTR' and connect to the controller, password 123456, unlock the app via screen unlock button (blue lock top left turns green and unlocked), open settings and change 'Rudder' setting, swap over motor cables (best at white connectors nearest controller - image shows connectors at motor end for reference only. (Some images courtesy of Summer Auto - must say great service)

smart ctr step app.jpgstep app lock.jpgstep app rudder.jpgstep app cables left right.png

Attachments

• step app cables left right.png
    step app cables left right.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 30

FJ80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Instructions are not the best. Attached are some photos of my install. I caulked the lower bolt mounts and tried to reuse the larger hole grommets

Attachments

• IMG_6593.jpeg
    IMG_6593.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6604.jpeg
    IMG_6604.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6605.jpeg
    IMG_6605.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6606.jpeg
    IMG_6606.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6607.jpeg
    IMG_6607.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6602.jpeg
    IMG_6602.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6598.jpeg
    IMG_6598.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6599.jpeg
    IMG_6599.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6609.jpeg
    IMG_6609.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6612.jpeg
    IMG_6612.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6596.jpeg
    IMG_6596.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6603.jpeg
    IMG_6603.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6597.jpeg
    IMG_6597.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6592.jpeg
    IMG_6592.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6601.jpeg
    IMG_6601.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29

FJ80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Instructions are not the best. Attached are some photos of my install. I caulked the lower bolt mounts and tried to reuse the larger hole grommets

FJ80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got the steps installed, added a handle bar on the driver side and also an upgrade with the Fox steering stabiliser. Improved handling greatly.
Which fox stabilizer did you get the adjustable one or fixed?

Back
Top Bottom