The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Electric Side Steps

Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
Originally, I was all for the idea of electric steps. I have now decided, not for this vehicle.
I hear what you're saying, I really do because I keep going back and forth about it in my head. Coming from a Range Rover that always had them and how convenient they are I think I gotta do it. I also have a wife and 4 kids that CANNOT get in the car right now lol. Although the urban automotive double tube Rockslider / step look really good. I also like the way the poem ones look. It appears that the deployable options come down lower to the ground and have the widest platform for the soles on shoes to step on.

I wish I could find the Chinese version of these.

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
I hear what you're saying, I really do because I keep going back and forth about it in my head. Coming from a Range Rover that always had them and how convenient they are I think I gotta do it. I also have a wife and 4 kids that CANNOT get in the car right now lol. Although the urban automotive double tube Rockslider / step look really good. I also like the way the poem ones look. It appears that the deployable options come down lower to the ground and have the widest platform for the soles on shoes to step on.

Have you looked on YouTube? I think that might be where I first saw them.

Local time
Reaction score
Have you looked on YouTube? I think that might be where I first saw them.

I think I have seen every grenadier video on you tube at this point lol! In fact today when I was looking for that screen visor I went to my history on YouTube searched Grenedier and then skimmed through each video until I found the video with it. I then e-mailed them, luckily while looking at this thread and looking at side steps on RRE I saw the visor and ordered it. Only thing I need is a side step now and sunglasses holder. On another note I found the regular side steps without the led on Ali Express for 772.03 shipped!!! Although I have never ordered from Ali Express or Ali baba before. I have ordered things directly from China in the past and it's basically 50/50 on how each transaction goes. I will probably get them unless I can find a Chinese seller that can get the led version.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 6.40.13 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 6.40.13 AM.png
    117.2 KB · Views: 42

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think I have seen every grenadier video on you tube at this point lol! In fact today when I was looking for that screen visor I went to my history on YouTube searched Grenedier and then skimmed through each video until I found the video with it. I then e-mailed them, luckily while looking at this thread and looking at side steps on RRE I saw the visor and ordered it. Only thing I need is a side step now and sunglasses holder. On another note I found the regular side steps without the led on Ali Express for 772.03 shipped!!! Although I have never ordered from Ali Express or Ali baba before. I have ordered things directly from China in the past and it's basically 50/50 on how each transaction goes. I will probably get them unless I can find a Chinese seller that can get the led version.

Take a look at Amazon

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

There are several on Ali Express for much cheaper: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...0Ay9Jjjl&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:

You want the ones with three motors per side, not two, those would be bouncy.
I got mine from Summer Auto back in January, no issues so far. They have been my best addition to my gren, makes it substantially easier to get in and out for me, a normal sized (5’11”) male, even easier for smaller people

G-Tank

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
There are several on Ali Express for much cheaper: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807316205960.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.17.6538UhAJUhAJ7P&algo_pvid=8fa1f1af-15be-4194-8629-7d26f946c1e1&algo_exp_id=8fa1f1af-15be-4194-8629-7d26f946c1e1-8&pdp_npi=4@dis!USD!749.32!599.46!!!5348.46!4278.77!@2101fb1117232099980882527e0eef!12000041046970189!sea!US!0!ABX&curPageLogUid=e7D90Ay9Jjjl&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:

I got mine from Summer Auto back in January, no issues so far. They have been my best addition to my gren, makes it substantially easier to get in and out for me, a normal sized (5’11”) male, even easier for smaller people

I think there is only 1 Motor per side and 3 hinges on each side,

Last edited:

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I think there is only 1 Motor per side and has 3 hinges each side,

These

These have a led light bar on them, which mine doesn’t have. I paid $1200 total for mine , including shipping to the east coast of USA back in January

chtucker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
I wish rockslide engineering made steps.. I emailed them, but go no response.

carlg007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-08-10 at 7.30.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-08-10 at 7.30.04 PM.png
    28.2 KB · Views: 32

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
There are several on Ali Express for much cheaper: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256807316205960.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.17.6538UhAJUhAJ7P&algo_pvid=8fa1f1af-15be-4194-8629-7d26f946c1e1&algo_exp_id=8fa1f1af-15be-4194-8629-7d26f946c1e1-8&pdp_npi=4@dis!USD!749.32!599.46!!!5348.46!4278.77!@2101fb1117232099980882527e0eef!12000041046970189!sea!US!0!ABX&curPageLogUid=e7D90Ay9Jjjl&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:

Thanks for all the info. I did purchase from Aliexpress but took a refund as somewhat concerned not legit... seller wanted an extra $640aud (saying price advertised was for bulk), then said if I direct deposit into a bank account would be much cheaper, boxed direct to house, maybe ok but not worth the chance. Then spoke with Summer auto, the manufacturers via Alibaba and they do not deal on Aliexpress nor did they know the seller I used. So, ended up purchasing direct for $1200U.S. delivered to Au.

They did send me some fitting instructions but like you said little vague. I can work most out except the bit about a plug near the OBD port? Is it the actual cable into the OBD that needs splicing in to, or is there another harness or wires near it? If either OBD or another plug.. which colour wires do we hook into please?

(fitting instructions now found in 'Resources')

Last edited:

carlg007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The shipping cost stopped me from ordering those steps!

HiddeH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:13 PM
Reaction score

Hi Sandy would you have any installation recommendations that you can share? The ones summer supplies aren’t great. Also wonder if they switch off when in offroad mode. Thanks for your help

HiddeH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:13 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for uploading to the resources area. Much better quality than the one with the package.

Local time
Reaction score
Did the ones that everyone received come with the actual nuts, bolts and washers to mount to the vehicles? I did not get any of that with my package. I am wondering if I have to buy them or if they were just left out on mine. I dont even have the screws that screw in from the bracket to the actual steps.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:13 AM
Reaction score
Did the ones that everyone received come with the actual nuts, bolts and washers to mount to the vehicles? I did not get any of that with my package. I am wondering if I have to buy them or if they were just left out on mine. I dont even have the screws that screw in from the bracket to the actual steps.
Mine arrived today. 6 days china to front doorstep. There is a box that contains the CPU and cabling. In this box is a large plastic bag with black heavy duty nuts, bolts/small brackets, couple of plastic spacers and then another small bag of 20mm stainless hex bolts.. (see page 2 of instructions for list of components) Haven't counted mine but looks about right...

Attachments

• step bolts.jpg
    step bolts.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom