The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Eibach 2.5 Lift Kit w/ 34x10.5x17” BFG KO2 Installed!

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
I just installed the 2.5" Eibach springs over this past weekend. I agree with the above, the ride is better with the new springs. It is noticeably stiffer but handles and rides better. Steering is improved as well. I have not yet changed the tires. I will move up to 34s, but still researching it. Of note, I haven't found anyone besides the dealer who has the Grenadier alignment software in their system, so I will have to take it back to the dealership 200+ miles away to get the alignment checked. It doesn't seem to need alignment as it drives straight even at 90 mph, but I have always checked alignment after a lift.

For anyone planning to do it yourself, a few tips. It should go without saying, but you do need a lift and jack stands. The front brake calipers will have to be taken off to get enough movement in the brake lines. The rear ones you can get enough play with loosening the line attachments to the axle. Control arms, sway bar linkages, shocks in the front and rear need to be disconnected, the drag link in the front needs to be disconnected as well. With this the axle will drop enough to get the springs out and easily put the new ones in. We needed a little extra movement in the front control arms to get them reconnected so we used the alignment adjustments to do so. We marked them ahead of time so we could adjust them back to the pre-disassembly position. We did not need to do this in the rear. One more note that might not be self explanatory, to orient the springs correctly, the writing on them should be right side up. I hope this helps as I have not seen any posting on this as a DYI.
The shop that did mine called Ineos and got the alignment specs direct from them.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
Yes, stock shocks. I may upgrade in the future. I haven’t clocked mileage but have not noticed a significant difference.
Thanks, I am most interested in how it might impact range for longer trips. A great upgrade for sure.

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am not exaggerating. I like the ride better with the lift. It takes a few miles for the springs to sit right thru the curves. After that, it moves like a big cat. I have no issues. Steering is tight. Doesn’t wander or vibrate.
Thanks sir! Appreciate the feedback as I look into lifting my new Grenny.

mikemadden

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
I finally installed the new, one-size-fits-all, Eibach 2.5 spring kit and 34x10.5x17 BFG KO2’s. The change in ride height is substantial. The front end level is very noticeable (with winch). While I only have 40 -50 miles under my belt, I believe the ride is slightly improved. Strangely, the cabin noise level also seems lower. But I don’t have an explanation as to why.
I decided against 35’s as I watched YouTuber Ronny Dahl show his 35’s rubbing against the wheel well at full articulation. Honestly, it was a small compromise. I feel that I’m good-to-go for the trails I like to run. The most immediate difference is the ride height and entering / exiting the vehicle. I’m 6’2 and I’m about at my limit for throwing a leg up to climb in. I may have to install a bolt-on step for around town driving.
View attachment 7859355
Looks nice —curious why you did not got with 285/75r17’s? Im 6”2 as well and order the Van Owl Rock SLiders / side step combo. Hope its enough as my wife drives it and she is 5”1

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer (Warner Ineos Grenadier in West Valley, UT) just installed Eibach springs with 1.7" in the front and 1.2" in the rear. The springs are apparently rated for increased load. This will be key as I add a new bumper with bull bar and a winch as well as increased load with camping equipment and a 75lb yellow lab! I went with 285/75/17 BFG KO2's and the factory steel wheels. Looks great and the ride is only slightly stiffer than stock which is to be expected with the stiffer rate springs. Not sure if it's the increase in tire size / contact patch but it seems to have slightly less of a dead spot in the steering. That being said, it seems to transmit slightly more bumpsteer than with the stock set up. Expected as the geometry has changed without the adjustability of control arms and track bar, etc... Not much, but I notice it. I'll be wheeling it every day over the upcoming holiday weekend so I'll report back on how it handles on the rocks here in Utah.

Last edited:

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks nice —curious why you did not got with 285/75r17’s? Im 6”2 as well and order the Van Owl Rock SLiders / side step combo. Hope its enough as my wife drives it and she is 5”1
It was originally the limited availability of the 285/75/17. The more I thought about it, I wanted the slightly slimmer profile of the 10.5 tire. I like the 34” height for the ground clearance and the 10.5 width for the highway.
Steps will be nice for you - mandatory for your wife!

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer (Warner Ineos Grenadier in West Valley, UT) just installed Eibach springs with 1.7" in the front and 1.2" in the rear. The springs are apparently rated for increased load. This will be key as I add a new bumper with bull bar and a winch as well as increased load with camping equipment and a 75lb yellow lab! I went with 285/75/17 BFG KO2's and the factory steel wheels. Looks great and the ride is only slightly stiffer than stock which is to be expected with the stiffer rate springs. Not sure if it's the increase in tire size / contact patch but it seems to have slightly less of a dead spot in the steering. That being said, it seems to transmit slightly more bumpsteer than with the stock set up. Expected as the geometry has changed without the adjustability of control arms and track bar, etc... Not much, but I notice it. I'll be wheeling it every day over the upcoming holiday weekend so I'll report back on how it handles on the rocks here in Utah.
Get some video!

mikemadden

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Get some video!
I did the Eibach coils - steering stabilizer and toyo At3 on 17” steel and I love the look at hate the ride …..i might return it to stock.
The ride is very twitchy off the top over any bump - there a crap of body roll now - a lot of comments on the ride being better I disagree - had a great shop install it…

mikemadden

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The shop that did mine called Ineos and got the alignment specs direct from them.
Im curious on how the ride is better? I did the Eibach 2.5 Front & 1.7 rear - did the Fox Steering stabilizer - 287/75r17 AT3 on 17” steel wheels and hate the ride - its horrible - I was on our toll road doing 70 holding a bend in the road and the car was literally bouncing as I held the line - I have 200 miles on the springs and very disappointed - it looks freaked amazing but - might return it too stock I just hope I can run the same tires if not it was a 5000 experiment..

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Im curious on how the ride is better? I did the Eibach 2.5 Front & 1.7 rear - did the Fox Steering stabilizer - 287/75r17 AT3 on 17” steel wheels and hate the ride - its horrible - I was on our toll road doing 70 holding a bend in the road and the car was literally bouncing as I held the line - I have 200 miles on the springs and very disappointed - it looks freaked amazing but - might return it too stock I just hope I can run the same tires if not it was a 5000 experiment..
I’m not having any issues. I didn’t use the Fox stabilizer as I had no complaints on the steering when it was stock. It’s hard to quantify what I like about the ride but I do notice the front end being more level and the increased overall higher ride height. It also seems to ride quieter. I would also say that the lift kit springs offer better small bump compliance. Again, I had no complaints when it was stock.

The big variable here could be the alignment spec. The shop I used had a lot of advance warning that I was bringing it in for a lift. They were not familiar with the Grenadier. I sent them a few YouTube videos a few weeks before our appointment. They reached out to Ineos to verify the alignment numbers.

The other variable is just preference. We like what we like. If you’re sure everything is set up correctly, then it probably was a costly experiment. The good news is that I’m sure you can likely recoup most of your spend.

mikemadden

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not having any issues. I didn’t use the Fox stabilizer as I had no complaints on the steering when it was stock. It’s hard to quantify what I like about the ride but I do notice the front end being more level and the increased overall higher ride height. It also seems to ride quieter. I would also say that the lift kit springs offer better small bump compliance. Again, I had no complaints when it was stock.

The big variable here could be the alignment spec. The shop I used had a lot of advance warning that I was bringing it in for a lift. They were not familiar with the Grenadier. I sent them a few YouTube videos a few weeks before our appointment. They reached out to Ineos to verify the alignment numbers.

The other variable is just preference. We like what we like. If you’re sure everything is set up correctly, then it probably was a costly experiment. The good news is that I’m sure you can likely recoup most of your spend.
I haven’t had it aligned yet the Big O tire didn’t have the specs in there hunter system. The Grenadier dealer is doing a free alignment Monday since I had a toe hang issue they day I got it my wheel was sitting at 10 o’clock when driving straight vs. 12 o’clock hope that helps? If not I might remove the 2.5 spring and try the 1.7 lower the front end..my front end is sitting up so high I have wind noise issues at speeds over 70 that were not there before…..plus its my wife’s car! Thanks for reply.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t had it aligned yet the Big O tire didn’t have the specs in there hunter system. The Grenadier dealer is doing a free alignment Monday since I had a toe hang issue the day I got it my wheel was sitting at 10 o’clock when driving straight vs. 12 o’clock hope that helps? If not I might remove the 2.5 spring and try the 1.7 lower the front end..my front end is sitting up so high I have wind noise issues at speeds over 70 that were not there before…..plus its my wife’s car! Thanks for reply.
As I said, the biggest variable is the alignment. If your rig hasn’t been properly aligned after the lift, I’d imagine it’s not going to offer the best ride. The good news is that you’re probably going to feel a huge difference after the alignment.

I had my lift and alignment done by a dedicated, high end 4x4 shop - Bullhide 4x4 in Colorado. I also agonized over the alignment spec with them as, you’re correct, it’s not in anyone’s system yet - and, to make it even more confusing, there was a small change made to the spring kit by Eibach when they stopped offering separate kits for winches / non winches. Fortunately, Bullhide 4x4 was on their game and went direct to Ineos before my appointment.

The dealer should get you squared away - literally and figuratively! I think you’re going to be pleased!

Kruegerruda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
Our Grenny is lifted, with strongr springs (+250kg) at the back, Koni damper, OME steering damper, aligned, 275/80-17 on EvoCorse alloys. The Grennys is comfortable as ever, runs at top speed perfect in line. I can highly recommand the build and parts!

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As I said, the biggest variable is the alignment. If your rig hasn’t been properly aligned after the lift, I’d imagine it’s not going to offer the best ride. The good news is that you’re probably going to feel a huge difference after the alignment.

I had my lift and alignment done by a dedicated, high end 4x4 shop - Bullhide 4x4 in Colorado. I also agonized over the alignment spec with them as, you’re correct, it’s not in anyone’s system yet - and, to make it even more confusing, there was a small change made to the spring kit by Eibach when they stopped offering separate kits for winches / non winches. Fortunately, Bullhide 4x4 was on their game and went direct to Ineos before my appointment.

The dealer should get you squared away - literally and figuratively! I think you’re going to be pleased!
I completely agree regarding proper alignment. I am not sure what settings my local shop is using (I need to ask for a print out..) but they definitely increased the caster. Even though I don't have the 2" lift (I have 1.5") I noticed a change in handling post lift. The dealer tweaked my alignment a bit and now it drives like stock with less wandering.

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I completely agree regarding proper alignment. I am not sure what settings my local shop is using (I need to ask for a print out..) but they definitely increased the caster. Even though I don't have the 2" lift (I have 1.5") I noticed a change in handling post lift. The dealer tweaked my alignment a bit and now it drives like stock with less wandering.
There are several YouTube videos on the caster number. It’s believed that the factory spec is setup for better feedback and handling when off-road.
Some 4x4 /alignment shops have experimented with the caster geometry to favor the around-town driving experience. It sounds like that’s what you’ve had done to your vehicle.

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There are several YouTube videos on the caster number. It’s believed that the factory spec is setup for better feedback and handling when off-road.
Some 4x4 /alignment shops have experimented with the caster geometry to favor the around-town driving experience. It sounds like that’s what you’ve had done to your vehicle.
I think I'm at 2 degrees of caster. For comparison, my JLU Rubicon with Teraflex IR adjustable control arms I went with 6 degrees and it handled awesome on the road.

JP4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did the same lift and added the Fox SS 2.0 & still have the factory K02’s. Dealer did it all and charged me big for the alignment. Drives great. Now granted, I’m coming from a 2013 JK Rubicon w/Toyo 35’s & King shocks with about 250 lbs worth of gear on my roof so there’s that.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the installation instructions, Eibach literally says to max out the caster with their Grenadier spring kits. Which, I think, means a very modest 2 degrees. And that would explain a bit of the on-road handling personality of our vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom