The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Eibach 2.5 Lift Kit w/ 34x10.5x17” BFG KO2 Installed!

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
I just installed the 2.5" Eibach springs over this past weekend. I agree with the above, the ride is better with the new springs. It is noticeably stiffer but handles and rides better. Steering is improved as well. I have not yet changed the tires. I will move up to 34s, but still researching it. Of note, I haven't found anyone besides the dealer who has the Grenadier alignment software in their system, so I will have to take it back to the dealership 200+ miles away to get the alignment checked. It doesn't seem to need alignment as it drives straight even at 90 mph, but I have always checked alignment after a lift.

For anyone planning to do it yourself, a few tips. It should go without saying, but you do need a lift and jack stands. The front brake calipers will have to be taken off to get enough movement in the brake lines. The rear ones you can get enough play with loosening the line attachments to the axle. Control arms, sway bar linkages, shocks in the front and rear need to be disconnected, the drag link in the front needs to be disconnected as well. With this the axle will drop enough to get the springs out and easily put the new ones in. We needed a little extra movement in the front control arms to get them reconnected so we used the alignment adjustments to do so. We marked them ahead of time so we could adjust them back to the pre-disassembly position. We did not need to do this in the rear. One more note that might not be self explanatory, to orient the springs correctly, the writing on them should be right side up. I hope this helps as I have not seen any posting on this as a DYI.
The shop that did mine called Ineos and got the alignment specs direct from them.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
Yes, stock shocks. I may upgrade in the future. I haven’t clocked mileage but have not noticed a significant difference.
Thanks, I am most interested in how it might impact range for longer trips. A great upgrade for sure.

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am not exaggerating. I like the ride better with the lift. It takes a few miles for the springs to sit right thru the curves. After that, it moves like a big cat. I have no issues. Steering is tight. Doesn’t wander or vibrate.
Thanks sir! Appreciate the feedback as I look into lifting my new Grenny.

Local time
8:25 PM
Reaction score
I finally installed the new, one-size-fits-all, Eibach 2.5 spring kit and 34x10.5x17 BFG KO2’s. The change in ride height is substantial. The front end level is very noticeable (with winch). While I only have 40 -50 miles under my belt, I believe the ride is slightly improved. Strangely, the cabin noise level also seems lower. But I don’t have an explanation as to why.
I decided against 35’s as I watched YouTuber Ronny Dahl show his 35’s rubbing against the wheel well at full articulation. Honestly, it was a small compromise. I feel that I’m good-to-go for the trails I like to run. The most immediate difference is the ride height and entering / exiting the vehicle. I’m 6’2 and I’m about at my limit for throwing a leg up to climb in. I may have to install a bolt-on step for around town driving.
View attachment 7859355
Looks nice —curious why you did not got with 285/75r17’s? Im 6”2 as well and order the Van Owl Rock SLiders / side step combo. Hope its enough as my wife drives it and she is 5”1

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer (Warner Ineos Grenadier in West Valley, UT) just installed Eibach springs with 1.7" in the front and 1.2" in the rear. The springs are apparently rated for increased load. This will be key as I add a new bumper with bull bar and a winch as well as increased load with camping equipment and a 75lb yellow lab! I went with 285/75/17 BFG KO2's and the factory steel wheels. Looks great and the ride is only slightly stiffer than stock which is to be expected with the stiffer rate springs. Not sure if it's the increase in tire size / contact patch but it seems to have slightly less of a dead spot in the steering. That being said, it seems to transmit slightly more bumpsteer than with the stock set up. Expected as the geometry has changed without the adjustability of control arms and track bar, etc... Not much, but I notice it. I'll be wheeling it every day over the upcoming holiday weekend so I'll report back on how it handles on the rocks here in Utah.

Last edited:

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks nice —curious why you did not got with 285/75r17’s? Im 6”2 as well and order the Van Owl Rock SLiders / side step combo. Hope its enough as my wife drives it and she is 5”1
It was originally the limited availability of the 285/75/17. The more I thought about it, I wanted the slightly slimmer profile of the 10.5 tire. I like the 34” height for the ground clearance and the 10.5 width for the highway.
Steps will be nice for you - mandatory for your wife!

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer (Warner Ineos Grenadier in West Valley, UT) just installed Eibach springs with 1.7" in the front and 1.2" in the rear. The springs are apparently rated for increased load. This will be key as I add a new bumper with bull bar and a winch as well as increased load with camping equipment and a 75lb yellow lab! I went with 285/75/17 BFG KO2's and the factory steel wheels. Looks great and the ride is only slightly stiffer than stock which is to be expected with the stiffer rate springs. Not sure if it's the increase in tire size / contact patch but it seems to have slightly less of a dead spot in the steering. That being said, it seems to transmit slightly more bumpsteer than with the stock set up. Expected as the geometry has changed without the adjustability of control arms and track bar, etc... Not much, but I notice it. I'll be wheeling it every day over the upcoming holiday weekend so I'll report back on how it handles on the rocks here in Utah.
Get some video!

Back
Top Bottom