The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Eibach 2.5 Lift Kit w/ 34x10.5x17” BFG KO2 Installed!

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
Aired down? its bound to feel vague and wobbly with aired down 35's! You should air them up, min 35psi preferably 40+. The bigger the tyre the more vague the whole thing will feel. You have the added body roll from the lift plus the added body roll from the bigger tyres plus the added body roll from airing them down. You can't do anything about the first two but you can air them up at least, also max out the caster correction if you haven't already.
Very true, the taller the tire, the greater the sidewall deflection and roll, which will exacerbate the added body roll inherent with a lift. I am currently running 38 front and 42 rear. I also have the HD springs in the rear that reduced the roll substantially and the piggyback shocks helped mitigate it a bit. You can effect body roll through multiple avenues. You can change the joints to spherical instead of bushings. You can change shocks, ideally to remote reservoirs with adjustable compression and rebound. You can change the weight of the springs or their type, whether single rate or progressive, coilovers with true dual rate and helper springs would be ideal. You could get bigger wheels to reduce sidewall while maintaining size but you’ll sacrifice comfort and offroad capability for on road handling. The only free thing you can really effect is tire pressure to stiffen the tire, but you’ll sacrifice comfort and potentially cause uneven wear or flightiness.

I would highly advise against maxing out the caster beyond 1.5 as this will push the CV driveshaft beyond its already tight tolerance.

Kxcer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:18 AM
Reaction score
I finally installed the new, one-size-fits-all, Eibach 2.5 spring kit and 34x10.5x17 BFG KO2’s. The change in ride height is substantial. The front end level is very noticeable (with winch). While I only have 40 -50 miles under my belt, I believe the ride is slightly improved. Strangely, the cabin noise level also seems lower. But I don’t have an explanation as to why.
I decided against 35’s as I watched YouTuber Ronny Dahl show his 35’s rubbing against the wheel well at full articulation. Honestly, it was a small compromise. I feel that I’m good-to-go for the trails I like to run. The most immediate difference is the ride height and entering / exiting the vehicle. I’m 6’2 and I’m about at my limit for throwing a leg up to climb in. I may have to install a bolt-on step for around town driving.
View attachment 7859355
This looks very good!

Back
Top Bottom