The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Don't buy a Grenadier (Steering pump noise and HVAC issues)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
Are you referring to the pre production trucks that were there just to test drive on a course at 5mph, and we were told missing parts and other oddities would naturally be rectified by production time?
I assure you we did far in excess of 5mph (motorway speeds), they weren't really missing anything physically (other than the jacks, which were oddly removed; and the winch controllers which were erroneously removed by the company that stored the vehicles); their software was definitely not up to snuff (especially not the 3 or 4 that never got the software update to enable Android Auto/Carplay/etc.) and there were an amalgamation of Euro/US spec (through an odd mix of left over RoW PTO parts).

The vast majority of oddities that they had were rectified before production (either before MY23 RoW production or MY24 North American production), and while a number of parts were updated prior to production, they function/appear the same to the end user (like the overhead panel that was originally held in just with clips, but they added bolts before production).

The drivetrain was well sorted by the time the North American PTO2 trucks were assembled (however, they did have the early/initial transfer case)

Local time
7:05 PM
Reaction score
I assure you we did far in excess of 5mph (motorway speeds), they weren't really missing anything physically (other than the jacks, which were oddly removed; and the winch controllers which were erroneously removed by the company that stored the vehicles); their software was definitely not up to snuff (especially not the 3 or 4 that never got the software update to enable Android Auto/Carplay/etc.) and there were an amalgamation of Euro/US spec (through an odd mix of left over RoW PTO parts).

The vast majority of oddities that they had were rectified before production (either before MY23 RoW production or MY24 North American production), and while a number of parts were updated prior to production, they function/appear the same to the end user (like the overhead panel that was originally held in just with clips, but they added bolts before production).

The drivetrain was well sorted by the time the North American PTO2 trucks were assembled (however, they did have the early/initial transfer case)
I'm sure YOU drove it everywhere, but we didn't. "It's 99.9%" wasn't the company line to the prospective buyers. It really was all CYA. If something was questioned, "these are pre production, they aren't even road legal, lots of equipment doesn't work" was the answer. So, if there's a suggestion a disgruntled buyer has some culpability because they drove it, it looses air. My dealer Demo test drive was in winter so I had the windows up. I don't recall if I had it running while I outside of the car. I don't think I did.

Personally, I didn't hear any wine outside any of the cars, shezimm didn't say anything (and she's effin picky about everything), my drive was windows up, and there are specific tones I no longer recognize from loud bangs often indoors. I mean, my new refrigerator door warning can apparently be heard on the third floor, but it's inaudible to me in the room while I'm having a normal Db conversation. My Pioneer sx-1250 and 701s I bought in HS sound like an am transistor radio to me..... I believe the complaints, but I'm not really the best judge on acceptable levels of pump noise here. Maybe I'm the ideal buyer afterall. :)

Dus10R

Production/Transit
Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
Hey I just bought a brand new vehicle, one that’s basically still in testing but I fully expected it to be Toyota reliable and it isn’t so Im going to see if I can bomb my resale value by posting bad stuff and telling people not to buy one instead of just getting it fixed under warranty.

That bout sums it up.

Have had mine since January, daily driver, no issues. I sort of hope nobody buys them, I like having something that not everyone does…:)

Or two things.

Attachments

• IMG_1537.jpeg
    IMG_1537.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1536.jpeg
    IMG_1536.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 30

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:05 AM
Reaction score
Hey I just bought a brand new vehicle, one that’s basically still in testing but I fully expected it to be Toyota reliable and it isn’t so Im going to see if I can bomb my resale value by posting bad stuff and telling people not to buy one instead of just getting it fixed under warranty.

That bout sums it up.

Have had mine since January, daily driver, no issues. I sort of hope nobody buys them, I like having something that not everyone does…:)

Or two things.

Hmmmmm, working out which one of those to drive out of the garage each morning must be hard work. The struggle is real.

Back
Top Bottom