The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Dealership to hand back license to Ineos +

Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
I have been holding off mentioning this for a long time because I may be wrong but somehow I do not think so. There may be may be some dealers in Australia that did not take on the Ineos brand or rejected it very early prior to the first vehicle deliveries. The apparent closest one to me is around 2hrs away in Mackay, every time I go into Mackay I drive around looking for the Ineos brand and vehicles at the dealers various listed locations and also made contact with no replies, Ineos just tells you the network is always expanding when contacted. There is no local advertising or any info on their web site and not much comes up in a search. I would like to be corrected and told there is a dealer because if I finally decide to buy a QM I do not want to travel or pay for towing to attend the known dealers 4 to 5 hrs north or south for repairs the same as BMW dealers. For the same reason prior to committing to an Ineos I would like to know if there Is a workshop manual and useable diagnostic equipment to deal with the vehicle in the workshops and with field techs I work with. On a side note there is a local Mercedes and Land Rover dealer have service centres. The Mackay, Bowen Basin region is a very Toyota, Ford and Nissan dominated region with all the mines and agriculture in the region and this would be a a region that Ineos could very much benefit from out side of the capital cities.
As a follow up to this comment I made earlier I have had feedback from the Dealer management for the Ineos dealer that was listed from the beginning in 2022 on Ineos' web site for the Mackay region and in a one-line email reply, "We will advise when we have confirmation". This is a very open statement, not sure if it means confirmation from their parent company or from Ineos or what time frame to expect. From this answer one has to ask, how many potential Quartermaster and Grenadier customers has Ineos lost simply by not having the listed dealer not established in one of the highest 4wd ownership and highest earning blue collar regions of Australia? I also see there is now no Land Rover dealer in Mackay, just an appointed service provider.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As a follow up to this comment I made earlier I have had feedback from the Dealer management for the Ineos dealer that was listed from the beginning in 2022 on Ineos' web site for the Mackay region and in a one-line email reply, "We will advise when we have confirmation". This is a very open statement, not sure if it means confirmation from their parent company or from Ineos or what time frame to expect. From this answer one has to ask, how many potential Quartermaster and Grenadier customers has Ineos lost simply by not having the listed dealer not established in one of the highest 4wd ownership and highest earning blue collar regions of Australia? I also see there is now no Land Rover dealer in Mackay, just an appointed service provider.
Yeah mate I'm understanding that. It makes little sense to not have a lush focus in that area - jacked 4X4 high country! Even taking this Gren up and down Rainbow had the heads turning - especially those 8 foot task GU crawler types. Their heads would spin off if we discussed comparative fuel econ!

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
Are there any laws or regulations that prevent Ineos from opening an Ineos owned location?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
Are there any laws or regulations that prevent Ineos from opening an Ineos owned location?
Not at all! I think you've nailed it... takes a considerable investment to fit out a half decent workshop plus training and acceptance of risk on the "promise' of future business. It's a 'test' of the Ineos business model....
They can't force businesses to take on a agency/dealership . I've no doubt the slow roll out is a source of frustration to Ineos execs responsible for "after sales support" (let alone patient owners! )
Which is where the much vaunted original strategy of enabling owners to attend to their own routine servicing is so attractive!
I'm damned if I can understand why they haven't stayed true to their promises and just got on with it!

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Not at all! I think you've nailed it... takes a considerable investment to fit out a half decent workshop plus training and acceptance of risk on the "promise' of future business. It's a 'test' of the Ineos business model....
They can't force businesses to take on a agency/dealership . I've no doubt the slow roll out is a source of frustration to Ineos execs responsible for "after sales support" (let alone patient owners! )
Which is where the much vaunted original strategy of enabling owners to attend to their own routine servicing is so attractive!
I'm damned if I can understand why they haven't stayed true to their promises and just got on with it!
It seems to me that most every Grenadier has quality problems.
Some big, some small.
That’s not something you want turned over to bbs’ and garage mechanics.
Over all, it would only make things worse.

I wish that weren’t so.

Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
I had suggested to NA’s Greg Clark that maybe they should consider having a tractor dealer be the authorized distributor and service for remote areas

Last edited:

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had suggested to NA’s Greg Clark Suggested that maybe they should consider having a tractor dealer be the authorized distributor and service for remote areas
I like it. Sensible. If the tractor dealers would suffer the Arcane Works crowd. Or vice versa! 🤣

Local time
Reaction score
It seems to me that most every Grenadier has quality problems.
Some big, some small.
That’s not something you want turned over to bbs’ and garage mechanics.
Over all, it would only make things worse.

I wish that weren’t so.
This falls under “better than nothing”.

Local time
Reaction score
I was just watching the new John Canny Video from the Birdsville bash, a good video and I still see the same problem as every year, diesel supply and fuel lines, however reading the comments one piqued my interest. A person commented that an Adelaide dealer is dropping the Ineos franchise in January 2025. If this comment has merit, does this leave South Australia with no Ineos support next year? Is there going to be another dealer group taking up the Ineos brand?

New Canny outdoors video:
View: https://youtu.be/cN5ki81fwGY?si=xatnS4j_sMiiza_n

Local time
Reaction score
I was just watching the new John Canny Video from the Birdsville bash, a good video and I still see the same problem as every year, diesel supply and fuel lines, however reading the comments one piqued my interest. A person commented that an Adelaide dealer is dropping the Ineos franchise in January 2025. If this comment has merit, does this leave South Australia with no Ineos support next year? Is there going to be another dealer group taking up the Ineos brand?

New Canny outdoors video:
View: https://youtu.be/cN5ki81fwGY?si=xatnS4j_sMiiza_n
So is that the second or third dealer to hand back the dealership.

Local time
Reaction score
So is that the second or third dealer to hand back the dealership.
From comments here and FB it appears to be the 2nd to fully close and not relocate and a 3rd that did not open. Also from comments some Australian Ineos dealers are expanding their dealerships.

Local time
Reaction score
I’m curious as to why they closed. To remote, inventory not moving, cost of carrying inventory went up….

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m curious as to why they closed. To remote, inventory not moving, cost of carrying inventory went up….
All of the above. It was obvious that the initial "rush" was to build the product but commensurate efforts /resources were not deployed to invest in the infrastructure to support it. We can all recite the list of deficiencies (frustrations). I suspect Ineos are going to have to seriously consider either co-investing in dealerships, not agencies, and /or making it easier for independents to take up the opportunities as "service" agents... What happened to the Bosch initiative???

Local time
Reaction score
All of the above. It was obvious that the initial "rush" was to build the product but commensurate efforts /resources were not deployed to invest in the infrastructure to support it. We can all recite the list of deficiencies (frustrations). I suspect Ineos are going to have to seriously consider either co-investing in dealerships, not agencies, and /or making it easier for independents to take up the opportunities as "service" agents... What happened to the Bosch initiative???
In the US, 2024 inventory is building, 25’s on the way, the lead for US left Ineos….

Bosch was a reasonable idea or even a tractor distributor (as it’s hard to find a Bentley dealer in the middle of the US:)

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you were an established dealer in Australia with an appetite for risk and spare real estate I think you would be seriously looking at the Chinese car wave about to flood the Australian market. Why take a punt on a niche limited volume 4X4 brand using an agency model where your team and established sales model cant drive sales when you could take on a brand like MG/SAIC or GWM (or one of the dozens of new Chinese brands coming soon) who will own the market in three to five years (or sooner). If Ineos is to persist with the agency model in Aus they will be better served partnering with niche players in the 4X4 space like SLRV or agricultural dealers as suggested by Roach.

Local time
Reaction score
If you were an established dealer in Australia with an appetite for risk and spare real estate I think you would be seriously looking at the Chinese car wave about to flood the Australian market. Why take a punt on a niche limited volume 4X4 brand using an agency model where your team and established sales model cant drive sales when you could take on a brand like MG/SAIC or GWM (or one of the dozens of new Chinese brands coming soon) who will own the market in three to five years (or sooner). If Ineos is to persist with the agency model in Aus they will be better served partnering with niche players in the 4X4 space like SLRV or agricultural dealers as suggested by Roach.
Most of these big Chinese companies are in bed with commercial vehicle manufacturers like Volvo, MAN VAG and Iveco from Europe. I would not be surprised that they would not be offering direct heavier light trucks to take on LC 70, Hino, Isuzu and Fuso 4x4 trucks in western markets in the near future. They are already pushing into the heavier vocational truck markets in Australia with Sinotruk and the industrial engine markets with DongFeng Cummins collaborations.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This lies with Ineos HQ, not supporting their dealers when customers have problems - large or small.

cjsmith

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sorta feeling the opposite. As much as I want to whip a check at RDS, I don't feel as bad today about pausing the purchase, as I did 5 weeks ago. Most of this has been unforced errors, and I'm thankful for everyone that was honest about their issues. I may just pick up a d90 and drive that for a few years until/iff Ineos gets it's shit straight.
I just did exactly that. Circumstances caused me to give up my order with RDS although they have been great to eat with. Bought a base model D90 on coil springs. Happy with it so far and will keep as long as new car warranty lasts.

cjsmith

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I just did exactly that. Circumstances caused me to give up my order with RDS although they have been great to eat with. Bought a base model D90 on coil springs. Happy with it so far and will keep as long as new car warranty lasts.
Great to deal with. Damn spell checkers!

Back
Top Bottom