The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dog Crates

Del

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a UK supplier measuring up the Grenadier for bespoke dog crates - ideally with a small draw under to bring it to the same height of the folded rear seat.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a UK supplier measuring up the Grenadier for bespoke dog crates - ideally with a small draw under to bring it to the same height of the folded rear seat.
I've used Barjo Cages & Guards on existing Isuzu and previous Subaru Foresters. Plan to arrange for a guard and divider when
I take delivery of Grenadier and can get to Wokingham for a 'measure up' quotation. They are very accommodating and sure will
make up what you want - worth contacting.

Reactions: Del

Del

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've used Barjo Cages & Guards on existing Isuzu and previous Subaru Foresters. Plan to arrange for a guard and divider when
I take delivery of Grenadier and can get to Wokingham for a 'measure up' quotation. They are very accommodating and sure will
Yep. I have Barjo in my Grand Cherokee - just wondered if any of them had started getting set up with the Grenadier.

JDickson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello. I cantacted Barjo about a double dog crate. They said they need a Grenadier in the shop to fit. Are you nearby? I'm in the States and have a Trialmaster. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I shoot over German Shorthairs.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello. I cantacted Barjo about a double dog crate. They said they need a Grenadier in the shop to fit. Are you nearby? I'm in the States and have a Trialmaster. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I shoot over German Shorthairs.
They supplied and fitted a rear guard and divider for me in May last year. If you check out my previous posts there are pictures of the installation
and dogs. At the time Richard ( Barjo ) took detailed measurements for any future requests. May I suggest that initially you contact him specifically
about your plan.
I don't live far from them and would be happy to help with a visit.
All the best
Simon

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I just checked out the Barjo website, I don’t know who you spoke to, and said they needed a Grenadier in to measure, but the Grenadier is actually on their website on the drop down menu !!

Personally I like the Trans K9 boxes, I am currently looking for a decent used one as I am a cheapskate, and I don’t like the £50 delivery charge for a new one

Local time
Reaction score
I have a UK sourced dog crate here in the US in my LC200. https://transk9.com I'm sure one of theirs would be a fit for the IG.

I would recommend them - solid and quiet.

JDickson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They supplied and fitted a rear guard and divider for me in May last year. If you check out my previous posts there are pictures of the installation
and dogs. At the time Richard ( Barjo ) took detailed measurements for any future requests. May I suggest that initially you contact him specifically
about your plan.
I don't live far from them and would be happy to help with a visit.
All the best
Simon
Hello Simon, I exchanged emails with Rob, who related they had so far just made a tailgate for a Grenadier (yours, I assume) and didn't have measurements for a crate. I will contact them again. If you would stop and let them measure for a double crate, that would be much appreciated. I will let you know. Tim

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Simon, I exchanged emails with Rob, who related they had so far just made a tailgate for a Grenadier (yours, I assume) and didn't have measurements for a crate. I will contact them again. If you would stop and let them measure for a double crate, that would be much appreciated. I will let you know. Tim
That's fine - just let me know.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
I get two labs in a k9 cage meant for a D4. Fits perfectly in my Gren and the Bison shelf

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpeg
    IMG_1403.jpeg
    777.8 KB · Views: 30

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I get two labs in a k9 cage meant for a D4. Fits perfectly in my Gren and the Bison shelf

Which model have you got buddy. I am still on the lookout for one.

I was thinking the C20.

I don’t want a double width one though.

ProjectMoshimo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:22 PM
Reaction score
I managed to fit an intermediate Gunner G1 in the back, but I had to move the backseat to the "N1" position to gain the extra 8-9cm. There is approximately 50cm of space left between the wheel arch and the side of the kennel.

Attachments

• IMG_1732.JPEG
    IMG_1732.JPEG
    991.7 KB · Views: 20

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which model have you got buddy. I am still on the lookout for one.

I was thinking the C20.

I don’t want a double width one though.
think I have this one;

travelling at the mo but its the single crate for the D4

You have to lift the back of it over the lip to the rear of the boot but woth some ratchet straps/rope it stays put and can close big door even with added door table

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is the route I went. Factory divider and cargo barrier. The downside is the cargo divider is in a fixed location, a ceiling shelf cannot be installed and the side baskets some offer won't likely work without modification. 115lb Bernese has plenty of room on the large side and still lots of room from floor to ceiling on the small side.PXL_20240413_210608236.jpgPXL_20240413_210110076.jpg
This looks interesting as well.

Screenshot_20240825-095832.pngScreenshot_20240825-095832.png

Last edited:

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
This is the route I went. Factory divider and cargo barrier. The downside is the cargo divider is in a fixed location, a ceiling shelf cannot be installed and the side baskets some offer won't likely work without modification. 115lb Bernese has plenty of room on the large side and still lots of room from floor to ceiling on the small side.View attachment 7867786View attachment 7867787

View attachment 7867790View attachment 7867790

This is the route I went. Factory divider and cargo barrier. The downside is the cargo divider is in a fixed location, a ceiling shelf cannot be installed and the side baskets some offer won't likely work without modification. 115lb Bernese has plenty of room on the large side and still lots of room from floor to ceiling on the small side.View attachment 7867786View attachment 7867787

View attachment 7867790View attachment 7867790
And the step came from......?

Reactions: PBD

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And the step came from......?
Seems to work ok, she thinks it's easier to just jump in and out without using it. I am trying to explain joint and shoulder health to her, but what do I know. She is figuring it out😊.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Seems to work ok, she thinks it's easier to just jump in and out without using it. I am trying to explain joint and shoulder health to her, but what do I know. She is figuring it out😊.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom