The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Dealership to hand back license to Ineos +

Local time
8:15 PM
Reaction score
Most of these big Chinese companies are in bed with commercial vehicle manufacturers like Volvo, MAN VAG and Iveco from Europe. I would not be surprised that they would not be offering direct heavier light trucks to take on LC 70, Hino, Isuzu and Fuso 4x4 trucks in western markets in the near future. They are already pushing into the heavier vocational truck markets in Australia with Sinotruk and the industrial engine markets with DongFeng Cummins collaborations.
My comments that follow might be better in a separate thread but what happens to owners if Ineos pulls out of AUS (or decides to stop all together)?

Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score
Some disappointing and frustrating news. Adelaide Hills Motor Group here in South Australia and the only dealer/agent in the state is closing down its showroom on the last day of April. This dealership (agency) was, looking at the comments in the forum, one of the best. Excellent rapport with customers and they fought very hard to get us information from Ineos in the early days. Their Ineos delivery book is very impressive!! The Mt Barker showroom will honour warranty until the end of the year but has zero skill base on Grenadiers and zero experience with the trials and tribulations of dealing with Ineos and is only a stop gap as it is owned by the same people handing the dealership back. If a proper dealership is not organized soon by Ineos I face a round trip of 1,600 kms to Melbourne plus accommodation costs just for a service.
I believe that this has been brought about by the appalling lack of communication by Ineos Australia to a fully committed and enthusiastic dealer who has spent a significant amount of money on a showroom, workshop, signage and assembling a great team of highly experienced people.
I have been one of the biggest fans of Grenadier here in South Australia, being one of the earliest orders, pushing the brand at every event and at people I meet at shows and on the outback tracks. Of course it's a huge effort to start up a car from scratch and the vehicle is fantastic! The marketing is so slick and promises so much, but the harsh reality of after sales service is one of indifference to both owners and dealers. We don't even have manuals to look after our own cars.
If Ineos truly want the brand to succeed, they cannot afford to lose excellent dealers like Adelaide Hills Group and the dedicated staff Greg had assembled to push the brand.
This is not the vision Jim Ratcliff promised us. Here, at the arse end of the world, 15,790 kms from European "closeness" of everything, I often rely on my vehicle to get me home from some of the most remote parts of the world. Thats the vehicle Jim promised, I took him at his word and backed him, as did many others and here we are, a major state in a first world country with no on going dealership or agency. If the Darwin agency goes next (owned by the same group) that's one third of Australia with no coverage. So much for the close100km service centres touted on the web site.
This isn't sour grapes, I love my Grenadier! Its the management that seems to be the problem.

I truly hope I am wrong and Ineos Australia has this under control. I feel terribly sorry for the great team that gave up very good jobs to join Grenadier and who are now redundant.
1600 miles is too far to be of any use. Imagine the tow bill if you needed it towed.

Local time
Reaction score
Looking at the new LC and Lexus GX and realized that what might be more important than having lockers is getting from point A to B without breaking down.

Reactions: AWo
Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
In Adelaide South Australia there is a new Ineos dealership opening soon on Port Road, but they have not given us South Australians the exact address yet.
So I don't think there is anything to worry about in regard to the future of Ineos.
This thread was started by Tony ( Top Cat ) when Adelaide hills motors lost, or left the contract.

Local time
Reaction score
In Adelaide South Australia there is a new Ineos dealership opening soon on Port Road, but they have not given us South Australians the exact address yet.
So I don't think there is anything to worry about in regard to the future of Ineos.
This thread was started by Tony ( Top Cat ) when Adelaide hills motors lost, or left the contract.
Good to hear. Local inventory in SoCal is 60+ units (Base, FM and TM's) with 2025 models around the corner. Dealers likely welcome the new financing rates (2.9%) but....if they can't move the old then discounts could be near term.

Do Dealers/Agents in AUS pay for the stock or is that on Ineos?

Local time
12:45 PM
Reaction score
Good to hear. Local inventory in SoCal is 60+ units (Base, FM and TM's) with 2025 models around the corner. Dealers likely welcome the new financing rates (2.9%) but....if they can't move the old then discounts could be near term.

Do Dealers/Agents in AUS pay for the stock or is that on Ineos?
It is on Ineos, so yes Ineos owns the stock in Australia, from what I am hearing the dealers get $10,000 au for handling and delivery.

Back
Top Bottom