The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

DaveB Vehicle Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
I received a message from the train service telling me that due to bushfires the train may be cancelled.
They will try to organise alternative buses.
Might be a bit longer until i get it.
Bushfires in Oz, floods and staff on strike in the UK, seems like the only way to travel, the world over, is by car. 🚊

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
I received a message from the train service telling me that due to bushfires the train may be cancelled.
Nature wins again!
Yesterday we awoke to a cloudless day looking from our apartment towards snow clad mountains. A few hours later , kitted up in rubber boots and carrying crampons we were about to board a helicopter taking us up to a glacier for a 2hr heli hike.
Then some cloud rolled in.
Our 3rd attempt thwarted by nature. Previously , the 2019 floods and then covid.
Nature can be cruel ; certainly unpredictable.
We are in Franz Josef , which sits astride the Alpine faultline, with a 75% chance of a mag 8 quake in the next few decades. The servo actually straddles the bulge on the rise leading down to the small town.
Anyway sometimes stuff happens.
We pushed 6km up the more stable side of the gorge on foot instead to get as close as possible.
So maybe you could start walking to Mt Grenadier today!
371529745_863666048726258_6477737163437647539_n.jpg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
In 1998 when the bushfire ripped oast our newly built house in the bush , a chopper got its skid caught in a powerline.
Let's just say he was lucky he was able to untangle it!
As long as he kept off the ground, nothing dangerous, but I am only speaking about electrocution. :eek:

Reactions: Max

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bugger -that’s Oz - Murphy’s Law.

Attachments

• 1698610399086.png
    1698610399086.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 15

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Queensland rail just called me to tell me a train will pick me up at the station about 7:00 am instead of 5:37 am
So still going to get The Beast just a bit later than planned.
That's a far more civilised hour!😉
Enjoy the ride!

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Queensland rail just called me to tell me a train will pick me up at the station about 7:00 am instead of 5:37 am
So still going to get The Beast just a bit later than planned.
Keep us posted Dave. If it means we can wind up this thread soon, we can create a GoFundMe page to pay for an Uber to get you to your agent :LOL:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
Nature wins again!
Yesterday we awoke to a cloudless day looking from our apartment towards snow clad mountains. A few hours later , kitted up in rubber boots and carrying crampons we were about to board a helicopter taking us up to a glacier for a 2hr heli hike.
Then some cloud rolled in.
Our 3rd attempt thwarted by nature. Previously , the 2019 floods and then covid.
Nature can be cruel ; certainly unpredictable.
We are in Franz Josef , which sits astride the Alpine faultline, with a 75% chance of a mag 8 quake in the next few decades. The servo actually straddles the bulge on the rise leading down to the small town.
Anyway sometimes stuff happens.
We pushed 6km up the more stable side of the gorge on foot instead to get as close as possible.
So maybe you could start walking to Mt Grenadier today!
View attachment 7831171
We took a Heli upon to the glacier and also hiked up the trail to an outlook post. Was a bit sketchy the trail and twisted my ankle badly halfway down. Fortunately my Meindl laced up tight got me down ok. Slept well that night.

The chopper pilot was very chilled and when landing would open his door to make sure the skids were hitting the right place!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
I have to say how impressed i am with QLD rail.
They have called me 3 times to keep me updated on changes.
the Deutsche Bahn would have changed the time of delay three times in the app. Only to proof that they are not even reliable with their communication...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom