The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dashcam Experiences/Recommendations Anybody?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:56 AM
Reaction score
My point was that the convex mirrors on the Grenadier give a false depth of field image... objects are closer than the mirror image indicates. That's why, when available, the flat plane surface of the rear view mirror provides a better/safer perspective e.g when resuming one's lane after overtaking.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
The rear cam I'm installing is something I'm not sure about but I'm giving it a shot. No matter how I adjust things I can't see cars behind me at intersections with the stock mirror. A camera will probably be able to help with that. I also find the rear PDC to be a little numb and it's hard to tell how much room there is behind you when backing into a spot. Another point of data may be nice. finally, the security aspect is something that I appreciate given the rampant property theft around here. If the view sucks or the rattles are a distraction I will take it out and go back to stock or a standalone rear cam with a separate monitor.

Back
Top Bottom