The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Buzz Overland - Gutted Grenadier

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
Must be costing a fortune and the end result will be interesting.

Serious question, why a Grenadier, there must be lots of other better suited platforms for rallying?
My guess is the T2 category in the Dakar rally. (Unmodified apart from all the safety stuff)
Generally won by a Land Cruiser, so weight less of an issue.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Genuine question - Ryan do you feel the need or think you will have to strengthen the chassis or well any braces to the axles ??

I know the two are beefy but are they beefy enough as standard for your plans ??

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
So is the rally raid vehicle featured in the article below, the vehicle discussed in this thread ?

It does say that it has been done by Buzz

Yes that’s the one!

Been an exciting project for sure. Still a lot of development work to do on this but initial testing of the brake kit and R53 suspension has been really positive.

We are still ironing out the details of which events we’ll be competing in with it but will be posting up more info on the build very soon.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Really pleased to see that you have come on leaps and bounds with it Ryan. Can’t wait to see more pics and info on it and what you guys settle on with an event and class you’d compete in. 👍

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Built by Buzz Special Vehicles, the aforementioned turbocharged 3.0-litre engine has received a 50kW and 100Nm increase to produce 260kW and 550Nm, as well as race suspension, tougher brakes, bespoke alloy wheels and a sports exhaust

Are you swoping out the gearbox to be able to handle the additional torque as I understand the current one is only rated to 500Nm?

Back
Top Bottom