The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Brake Controller Pigtail?

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:58 AM
Reaction score
I finally tracked down the elusive part # EBDK-030.

It's a complete brake controller kit which inlcudes a Redarc Tow-Pro Elite and all the bits (including instructions) to fit it. Available from Dealers for just under AUD500.

I've already purchased a Tow-Pro and will try to figure out the wiring on the weekend.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

It's a complete brake controller kit which inlcudes a Redarc Tow-Pro Elite and all the bits (including instructions) to fit it. Available from Dealers for just under AUD500.

I've already purchased a Tow-Pro and will try to figure out the wiring on the weekend.
Hi. Please post some pictures of the wiring kit when convenient.

I think most of the info you need is available here or in the Aus FB group but feel free to post a question or send a PM if you need something. I have done my brake controller (Bendix Ultimate) and figured out the wiring as I went. Others have done the Redarc from scratch.

jwb

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:58 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking back at the original post of this thread and have the same question, is there a pre-wired connection hidden under the dash to connect an electric brake controller? My prior vehicles, such as LR4/Disco4, have it pre-wired and I just had to buy an adapter pigtail to connect the controller.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score

If you could post the instructions or share via pm that would be most appreciated. Personally I have asked the dealer to fit one before delivery so it’s covered by factory warranty, but would like to understand how it’s installed.

cheers
Steve

Reactions: jwb

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you could post the instructions or share via pm that would be most appreciated. Personally I have asked the dealer to fit one before delivery so it’s covered by factory warranty, but would like to understand how it’s installed.

cheers
Steve
Here you go Steve.

Attachments

• EBDK-030 Fitting Instructions.PDF
    609.2 KB · Views: 188
Local time
Reaction score
Thanxs mate this is what’s good about this forum guys like you with very helpful information,

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here you go Steve.
Thanks so much @Znarfgh its really appreciated.
Plus the brake pin matches that for the Narva adaptor pig tail. I’ll post shot of how Narva wire the adaptors later.

Another one for the Library @Stu_Barnes

cheers
Steve

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And for those that are interested the following pics are the wiring schemas for the Narva 13 Pin EU pigtail adaptors
Narva13-7_Lge_Round.jpg
Narva13-7 Flat.jpg

jwb

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:58 PM
Reaction score
I'm looking back at the original post of this thread and have the same question, is there a pre-wired connection hidden under the dash to connect an electric brake controller? My prior vehicles, such as LR4/Disco4, have it pre-wired and I just had to buy an adapter pigtail to connect the controller.
Thanks to @Znarfgh for the upload. So to answer the OP, it's not pre-wired for controllers...far from it. I'm disappointed this is not included for the large markets that require electric brake controllers.

Local time
1:58 PM
Reaction score
Thanks to @Znarfgh for the upload. So to answer the OP, it's not pre-wired for controllers...far from it. I'm disappointed this is not included for the large markets that require electric brake controllers.
So is it better to have IG add the trailering harness, or to add it from a secondary source?
My trailers have e-brakes.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some more information for those that have already bought a Tow Pro but want the wiring kit that is supplied to Ineos. Redarc part # is TPWKIT-013. This will allow you to connect the TowPro as per the Ineos instructions. You will however also require the remote controller extension (which I don't need because I mounted the unit under the steering column)

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Some more information for those that have already bought a Tow Pro but want the wiring kit that is supplied to Ineos. Redarc part # is TPWKIT-013. This will allow you to connect the TowPro as per the Ineos instructions. You will however also require the remote controller extension (which I don't need because I mounted the unit under the steering column)
Thanks for the share. TPWKIT-13 is Redarc's universal wiring kit.
Reading the instructions for EBDK-03 and TPWKIT-13, it seems the only Grenadier specific items supplied by Redarc are the contacts and seals for the 13 pin Euro socket.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here you go Steve.
Thanks for the post - mine has been installed by the dealer but it’s good to have a wiring diagram for future reference if needed. I had the remote controller wiring extended up the A pillar and across to the overhead switch panel which I am very happy with.

Attachments

• IMG_5155.jpeg
    IMG_5155.jpeg
    353.6 KB · Views: 71

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the post - mine has been installed by the dealer but it’s good to have a wiring diagram for future reference if needed. I had the remote controller wiring extended up the A pillar and across to the overhead switch panel which I am very happy with.
Definitely putting mine there!

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the share. TPWKIT-13 is Redarc's universal wiring kit.
Reading the instructions for EBDK-03 and TPWKIT-13, it seems the only Grenadier specific items supplied by Redarc are the contacts and seals for the 13 pin Euro socket.
Update:

The Euro socket OEM is Plastipart but they don't appear to sell spare parts in small quantities. The equivalent TE brand part numbers are listed in the Redarc EBDK-03 instructions.
Seal PN 963292-1. Contact PN 925661-1

The TE contacts and seals (x2 each) are available from DigiKey and Mouser.
Mouser AU site links for reference (use the Mouser distribution site closest to your location):

contact
seal

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is a lot of empty real-estate either side of the audio volume knob too.
I can see that white rectangle being removed and maybe some USB-C ports for connecting to mobile phone cradles
I have two mobiles and my wife has one. Using apple car play or apple maps sucks the battery life out of them.
Or move the seat heat buttons down next to the audio dial, I have ordered a Fieldmaster, then use those spaces to mount phone holder with built in charger.
I assume dealers will have extra panels, or I could just make good copies in my shed using them as templates.
Unfortunately despite how the panel looks it is one panel not many individual panels so reconfiguring not so easy :(

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately despite how the panel looks it is one panel not many individual panels so reconfiguring not so easy :(
Yes.
When I wrote that comment there weren't any production vehicles in existence.
We all just assumed the panels would be individual sections on production vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom