The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black Sheep Inovations

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
How much are the factory sliders, around $1700 mild steel made in China? $2200 seems a fair price to me for Swiss made in stainless.
I'm not a fan of the BS sliders, my reasons are above and in the video posted by @Tazzieman.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
How much are the factory sliders, around $1700 mild steel made in China? $2200 seems a fair price to me for Swiss made in stainless.
Add import tax and shipping to that $2200. Plus installation if you aren't handy.
And how much is the Ineos factory warranty worth?

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Add import tax and shipping to that $2200. Plus installation if you aren't handy.
And how much is the Ineos factory warranty worth?
They would be about $2600 landed inc freight, GST and broker fee.

I don't think Black Sheep are targeting the hardcore off road market, rather a more affluent style conscious buyer.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
The photos do not tell about the surface of the rack, no? Can one only use the airlines on the sides to fix stuff? Weird that not a single photo shows the top in detail…

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The photos do not tell about the surface of the rack, no? Can one only use the airlines on the sides to fix stuff? Weird that not a single photo shows the top in detail…
Black%20Sheep%20Innovations%20GmbH%20-%20Dachplattform%20Erweiterung%20Ineos%20Grenadier%20-%2002-min.jpg

L track on front and rear of each panel & on side of each panel.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Black%20Sheep%20Innovations%20GmbH%20-%20Dachplattform%20Erweiterung%20Ineos%20Grenadier%20-%2002-min.jpg

L track on front and rear of each panel & on side of each panel.
The design of that roof rack is flawed. I'll wager the checker plate will soon scratch/abraid/shred the surface almost everything that's stacked on it as a result of constant vibrations. "What were they thinking?"🤔

Last edited:

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I see static load is listed at 250kg, but no listing of dynamic load.
I understand that the two base elements (together?) have a static load of 250, the middle element, which has to be ordered separately, 150. Wonder if that adds up to 400 then. And I also didn't see any reference to the dynamic load.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Where's the jack going?
They suggest to "put it somewhere else". Doesn't really convince me. Since an aux heater and a marten repellent system are to be my first two installations, I wonder if there is somewhere better to put the auxiliary heater. It would be a shame to lose what little storage space there is.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The design of that roof rack is flawed. I'll wager the checker plate will soon scratch/abraid/shred the surface almost everything that's stacked on it as a result of constant vibrations. "What were they thinking?"🤔
Yeah there’s nothing from BS I’d consider buying based on those pics.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
This is the flattest rack I have ever seen!
It's also 3cm in height. Talk about keeping a low profile to the roof. The hurdle with trucks this size is you add a good 152mm plus the height of from the attachment kit. Which usually makes the height 300mm higher. That puts the truck well over 2150mm tall

Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
From early on Ineos has mentioned how the flat roof with rub strips creates new possibilities for carrying things on the roof. It appears to me that the BlackSheep roof rack design takes advantage of the roof design by resting the platform on these strips and not just blindly following earlier gutter support design that lift the roof rack well above the top surface. I know from earlier responses that some have questioned whether such an approach may be flawed with concerns that it would constantly rub and cause issues so I guess it will be interesting to see how such a new approach to roof rack support pans out in the field.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From early on Ineos has mentioned how the flat roof with rub strips creates new possibilities for carrying things on the roof. It appears to me that the BlackSheep roof rack design takes advantage of the roof design by resting the platform on these strips and not just blindly following earlier gutter support design that lift the roof rack well above the top surface. I know from earlier responses that some have questioned whether such an approach may be flawed with concerns that it would constantly rub and cause issues so I guess it will be interesting to see how such a new approach to roof rack support pans out in the field.
Agree. With the BlackSheep design attached to, and supported by the grab handles & also supported by the roof strips, the only rubbing would be substantial flex in the roof or in the rack itself.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is the flattest rack I have ever seen!
Subject to more information (esp. third party), I think this roof rack system has, on balance, some really good features:
  1. flexible solution (1, 2 or full 3/4 roof coverage) allowing for tailoring based on type/length of journey
  2. use of airline rails (matches Grenadier options)
  3. super low profile (looks great, helps with wind resistence etc.)
  4. uses the rubber roof strips and so increased static & dynamic capacities

However, attachment of items less flexible than say, a slated rack because of the "full base" approach, meaning more difficult for small items

Back
Top Bottom