The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
Same here, but as @minidok already posted. You need to drill 20mm/22mm holes in the plastic covers. After that you can bolt the side parts to the roof and then slide the rack in and fix it to the side parts.
Yes that’s right. I just forgot haha. The side brackets should not be fully tightened until you have the shelf on it. Also a conical or step drillbit is a must. 20mm is a big hole

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
an average hunting rifle is between 100 and 120 cm

Mine is 122cm inc silencer 🤷🏻‍♂️😊. Would be very interested in an external rifle case mounted on MOLLE panels. BisonGear; DM and I can give all the required specs if interested.

Bison-Gear

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is 122cm inc silencer 🤷🏻‍♂️😊. Would be very interested in an external rifle case mounted on MOLLE panels. BisonGear; DM and I can give all the required specs if interested.
For rife I can recommend the AUER case, it's a high-quality product made in Germany. You can secure it with a padlock or choose the version with integrated locks.

1706189985354.png

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:23 PM
Reaction score
Easy enough with a couple pieces of extruded aluminum for the frame and 1/2" plastic (wood could be fine too, just heavier) for the top surface... A buddy just did this to create a sleeping platform for his LC200
Easy enough to say, but u didn't see the platform I hacked together when I built a flat floor for my old Dodge Dakota. My next career will not be in metal work or wood working!

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Very well constructed and packaged. No instructions, but I was able to figure it out. Took me a while because I was trying to retrieve the bolt I lost (failed to anyway) and had to re-drill the holes in the plastic trim because they weren't big enough. I realized that you have to have enough room for the black spacers. Can not have the spacers resting on the plastic trim, nor behind it. Has to have space to go straight through and have the bolt rest firmly against it. That's the only way the plastic trim will sit in its clips. Any pressure against the plastic will warp it and not allow it to sit flush.

Other than that, I installed it as far back as possible and it is just behind the rear headrests. I have the rear seat adjustment brackets in so the seats are further reclined than the typical Trialmaster or Fieldmaster. If an adult sits in the center seat, will have to raise the headrest to the top to ensure they don't hit their head on the shelf. The size is a bit smaller than I anticipated. My umbrella chair doesn't fit in it, but still very happy with it!
How hard was it to pull out the square plastic "plugs" in the ceiling? I Tried briefly out of curiosity but felt they were "in there". Any issue? or did you just drill the holes leaving them in place? I have a shelf on the way to me as I type this.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How hard was it to pull out the square plastic "plugs" in the ceiling? I Tried briefly out of curiosity but felt they were "in there". Any issue? or did you just drill the holes leaving them in place? I have a shelf on the way to me as I type this.
Square plugs come out easily. You can basically use a credit card or trim tool. The top has one clip and bottom has 2 so it is easier to start from the top.

The hook trim is also easy but need to take the silver bolts out first. I dropped one of them in the process and could not retrieve it. Not a big deal but be careful. As I was driving this morning, i heard it rolling in the wheel well somewhere as I was coming out of my driveway, then no longer heard it for the rest of the drive. My guess is that it rolled out somehow through the rear wheel well.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What are some things you folks are storing on the shelf? The Safari window case fits up there perfectly. I've also rolled up a picnic blanket and an extra fleece and vest, strapped my small compressor, and my Torx screwdriver. Yes I'm a dork.

Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone had difficulties with an order to Bison? Visa keeps flagging the transaction as suspicious? I called, temporary codes, confirmation that it was me transacting, etc.... still flagged as suspicious. Thanks!

Bison-Gear

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone had difficulties with an order to Bison? Visa keeps flagging the transaction as suspicious? I called, temporary codes, confirmation that it was me transacting, etc.... still flagged as suspicious. Thanks!
You can use direct credit card payment, or select PayPal and then click "credit card" (PayPal account is not required).

Local time
Reaction score
Hello, it's Paweł from Bison Gear.

I'm excited to share that we're collaborating with Grenadier to bring you new and innovative products.
Our initial set of accessories is already on the market, and we're working on expanding the range even further.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive selection coming your way soon!

View attachment 7840095View attachment 7840096

View attachment 7840097

You can use direct credit card payment, or select PayPal and then click "credit card" (PayPal account is not required).
jak się masz i dziękuję. I have two Wavian Water Cans https://wavianusa.com/products/wavian-water-can-blue-5-8-gallon-22-liter
Will these water cans fit the Bison-Gear canister mount? Thanks.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No issues here.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
what did you order? what is the quality of the items you ordered? would you order from them again? Thanks!.
They are a legitimate vendor. I purchased the overhead roof shelf. Shipping was less than a week to NJ from Poland. Packaging was good. Would buy from them again. Your issue with credit card is likely specific to the security measures of your credit card company. My guess is if you tried a different credit card, may have less issues. BTW if your card has no-fee international transactions, compare the price in USD vs EUR. I saved $25 paying in EUR.

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No issue last week, ordered Monday and had it in my hands on Friday.

motolatte

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Square plugs come out easily. You can basically use a credit card or trim tool. The top has one clip and bottom has 2 so it is easier to start from the top.

The hook trim is also easy but need to take the silver bolts out first. I dropped one of them in the process and could not retrieve it. Not a big deal but be careful. As I was driving this morning, i heard it rolling in the wheel well somewhere as I was coming out of my driveway, then no longer heard it for the rest of the drive. My guess is that it rolled out somehow through the rear wheel well.
Hardest part was matching up the captive bolt-holes with front facing plastic plugs... I used a 1" core bit in the drill press to do the holes, maybe gave me a little more "wiggle room" than I needed, but all is covered up after install of shelf. Shelf install was quicker than the hole drilling in plastic covers. Nice product, solid as a rock. Appreciate the help!

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Bison-Gear a little late, but hey, I did it the right way, as shown in the instructions :D
I had to estimate where to drill the holes...

Desert Max DXB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello, it's Paweł from Bison Gear.

I'm excited to share that we're collaborating with Grenadier to bring you new and innovative products.
Our initial set of accessories is already on the market, and we're working on expanding the range even further.
Stay tuned for a comprehensive selection coming your way soon!

View attachment 7840095View attachment 7840096

View attachment 7840097
That's good looking stuff, I met you on Abentauer Allrad, do you use a lot of testing?

Back
Top Bottom