The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Battery charging

Local time
6:55 PM
Reaction score
I agree completely, I already tried to remove the plastic covers and stopped... from a maintenance access standpoint this is a shame.
Yes it is on my Land Rover both batteries were under the seat easy

Reactions: PBD

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all how much trim do you have to remove to get to charge the start battery have almost got the seat out but need another tool to remove completely the AUX battery is easy to get to but the starter is a bit of a pig.
Also it won't seem to go above 75 % via alternator charging so going to whip a smart charger on it.
I think some of the bings and bongs are due to low charge on start battery.
I’ve got my Grenadier upto a full float/ maintenance charge using the Victron smart charger and also last weekend upto a maintenance charge using a 100w solar panel and in both cases were connected to the jump lead post under the bonnet.
IMG_1646.jpeg

Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got my Grenadier upto a full float/ maintenance charge using the Victron smart charger and also last weekend upto a maintenance charge using a 100w solar panel and in both cases were connected to the jump lead post under the bonnet.
View attachment 7815356
How much current will that take 12A ???

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
does this way charge both batteries?

so a simple fast connector could be mounted.

s-l1600.jpg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My charger is higher amp than that theses mere cars need new kit the LR kit won do the Grenadier is delicate
You can use a much bigger smart charger if you wish. We use much bigger ones at work. I’m sure when the alternator is charging at full whack the amps are quite high. My 5A charger left on overnight is more than adequate 👍🏼

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

s-l1600.jpg
We’ve connected those leads with the plug end to all vehicles, machinery and boats at my work place.
For my own grenadier connecting with crocodile clips to the jump lead post under the bonnet is just as convenient. 👍🏼

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

s-l1600.jpg
Yes but I have put one of these on both batteries.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update
1) car is charging more than I said, initially, after start up up to 40 amps😊
2) the power points behind the seats must have a time out or fail safe because as I was driving along, sat nav and phone switched off😡
went a few miles then parked up, had a walk, came back on when I started up again?
DCPU, how would this work with the fitted 13 (🤣) pin unit that runs the trailer lights etc?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Except it appears that the power is not wired into the trailer socket on the Grenadier so don’t think this will work
Haven't people been towing with power to their trailers though so must be some feed just not constant power for fridges etc when ignition off? Perhaps that is a problem. Will see what happens when mine turns up as have the trailer socket/ctek combo already for D4 and it's very useful.

Reactions: PBD

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Haven't people been towing with power to their trailers though so must be some feed just not constant power for fridges etc when ignition off? Perhaps that is a problem. Will see what happens when mine turns up as have the trailer socket/ctek combo already for D4 and it's very useful.
Makes no difference with ignition on or off mate, the wiring hasn’t been installed in the first place.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Makes no difference with ignition on or off mate, the wiring hasn’t been installed in the first place.
Blimey. That's sh1t!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes but I have put one of these on both batteries.
As per @Logsplitter and my experiences - we seem to be getting both batteries charged from a single connection. Main battery charges and then it kicks over to the auxiliary via the Smartpass.

You should try and see if it will work for you?

Back
Top Bottom