The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diesel B57 Diesel Fuel Economy

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
There’s a service campaign for EGR rod. Had mine done. Doesn’t make any difference. I think it’s a precautionary. Not sure it’s a check or replacement.
My engine light is on and I'm having the EGR rod done under the assumption that will fix it, and then the cruise control will start to work again & adblue use reduce to normal Grenadier levels?? Fingers crossed

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My engine light is on and I'm having the EGR rod done under the assumption that will fix it, and then the cruise control will start to work again & adblue use reduce to normal Grenadier levels?? Fingers crossed
My engine came on last week. Took it to the dealers and they told me from factory the O2 sensors plugs had been mixed up because they look identical. All fixed now. Fun and games.

Today they sent me a quality survey. I told the truth.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Heh heh… I stretched my fuel economy a little far on the highway today at 14.4L/100 all highway. Averaging 99KMH

The “remaining range” box dropped off at 55Km to “- -“ yet I still had 20Km to go to the nearest fuel.
Alas I pressed on.

I turned off all electrical consumables, and set my fridge to idle in attempt at taking the load off the alternator. Not sure if it made any difference.

The fuel indicator still showed 3 or 4 bars on the red vertical bit… coasted into the BP Station.

Pumped in 90.95L of diesel. To the top of the filler neck.🥳

Now I know I have 613KM of range at highway speed on a full tank. I won’t be playing this game again any time soon… Haha 😝 View attachment 7858879

View attachment 7858880

jean??

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My engine came on last week. Took it to the dealers and they told me from factory the O2 sensors plugs had been mixed up because they look identical. All fixed now. Fun and games.

Today they sent me a quality survey. I told the truth.
Had call from dealer earlier, going in week on Monday, will mention this if it's not sorted, thanks

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
Just hope that @Jean Mercier doesn't read this thread, boy is he going to be envious, you must now be the closest tank emptier.
I read it, and am not envious, because:
  1. My car is gasoline
  2. MY record was 91.87 liters
You can find my post on February 20 in the thread "what did you do with you Grenadier today"
:) :ROFLMAO: :eek:

Local time
Reaction score
My AdBlue consumption for the first 6k Km was about 6L. So about 1.6L per thousand miles. No towing or "off road" ...mainly a return highway run down the east coast of Aus. Brisbane to Hobart Tasmania. av speed about 90-95 kmh
Similar adblue consumption as my Grenadier - before I rejected it back to Ineos.
Now I have a new Defender - which like the Grenadier has a 3 litre straight 6 diesel. But, what is really different, is that I have now done 7,000 miles, and the Defender does not even want the adblue to be topped up.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
Utility Wagon, fully loaded (around 3.4 tonne) with roofrack around 11.5 to 12 litres per 100km (varies depending on how fast I travel, the speed penalty applies above 90kph). Travelling on sealed Outback roads, soon to go off-road.

Ad blue still around 1 litre per 1,000km.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
Similar adblue consumption as my Grenadier - before I rejected it back to Ineos.
Now I have a new Defender - which like the Grenadier has a 3 litre straight 6 diesel. But, what is really different, is that I have now done 7,000 miles, and the Defender does not even want the adblue to be topped up.
I hired a Defender diesel at Sydney airport a few years ago.
The adblue warning came on and then I parked about 20 kms later and the vehicle refused to start until the adblue was topped up.
I was nowhere near any place I could get adblue so I had to wait for Europcar to send out a service vehicle.
18,000 kms on my Grenadier and I have used one tank of Adblue and it now says I have >4,000 kms range left.

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
My Trialmaster Diesel car has just over 5000 km and in this time the diesel consumption has improved considerably. It started out consuming around 12.5 l/100 km on average. A few days ago, returning from the house in Montaña after the holidays, after spending several months there, we were fully loaded, plus five adults. After about a hundred and fifty km of travel at a "legal" speed of 120 km/h, I noticed that the average consumption was 9.3 l/100 km. I think this is excellent consumption for the car and how loaded it was.

IMG_2191 2.jpg

eda20747-ebb0-4ffb-9d4b-c83547c5583a 2.jpg

Regards
Paco Garcia

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
4,000 miles on the clock an I am getting a consistent 25mpg (11.3l/100km) on my daily 45 mile commute round trip which includes a mix of fast trunk roads and stop-start traffic to get in and out of town.

On a weekend if I head into the countryside for a longer jaunt I can easily get 26.5mpg (10.6l/100km) if I'm sensible with the gas pedal and still don't struggle to keep up with the rest of traffic

The best fuel economy I've recorded to date is an average 27.1mpg (10.4l/100km) on a 70 mile trip each way which ironically involved a fully loaded vehicle and towing a large camping trailer. I can only put this down to driving at 50mph for most of the journey: I've noticed in general that the fuel efficiency drops off quickly above this speed, no doubt due to the barn door aerodynamics!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
4,000 miles on the clock an I am getting a consistent 25mpg (11.3l/100km) on my daily 45 mile commute round trip which includes a mix of fast trunk roads and stop-start traffic to get in and out of town.

On a weekend if I head into the countryside for a longer jaunt I can easily get 26.5mpg (10.6l/100km) if I'm sensible with the gas pedal and still don't struggle to keep up with the rest of traffic

The best fuel economy I've recorded to date is an average 27.1mpg (10.4l/100km) on a 70 mile trip each way which ironically involved a fully loaded vehicle and towing a large camping trailer. I can only put this down to driving at 50mph for most of the journey: I've noticed in general that the fuel efficiency drops off quickly above this speed, no doubt due to the barn door aerodynamics!
With 6000 miles on the clock, I frequently get 28 mpg on minor country roads on longer journeys.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm getting just over 11litres per 100km. It's a bit worse at sustained higher speeds, about 12.

There's no way the Defender does 38mpg. Even JLR don't claim that.
12l/100km is circa 19mpg.
By 'driving like a girl' on a motorway, I could get 26mpg from the Grenadire (before I rejected it) - and 38mpg from the 90.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
12l/100km is circa 19mpg.
By 'driving like a girl' on a motorway, I could get 26mpg from the Grenadire (before I rejected it) - and 38mpg from the 90.
Your first statement is incorrect

Back
Top Bottom