The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary LEDs - Lightbars, Lights, Pods

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
If one wanted to go outside the aux lights, there are bolts in the top of the bumper under the plastic covers. These would be capable of holding a light with no drilling of metal. You just need to pop an appropriately sized hole in the plastic and probably add a standoff to clear the cover.
IMG_9111.jpeg

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
To simplify light installation, could the plastic cover simply be left off?

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, but just the cover plate. Probably 1/2” styrofoam between cover plate and real bumper. Measure 2x, mark, drill. Pull plate to secure bolts. Set far enough away from grill to allow a little angle adjustment and power plug.

Could you expand on what is required to “Pull (the upper) plate (on the front bumper)”?

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
Just purchased and installed the KC Pro6 light bar to the Leitner Roof Rack this past weekend.

I initially purchased the 50" (8 light) bar based on the width of the Leitner rack, but found that with the large footprint of the Leitner awning bracket, I needed to remove one of the lights so that I could position the lights in the center of the rack. After scouring the internet looking for mounting brackets, and with the help of Robert at KC Hilites - I settled on a Cali Raised mount (https://4wdcrew.com/products/cali-r...MuAJ0RWlHquIPh0YeBW_7DULIss9norEfYqkFtAGBq1ds) - which actually works perfectly on the Leitner rack with the Traklok Boltkit from Leitner. I did have to reposition the Leitner rack slightly in order to open the safari windows - the rack is now overhanging the rear of the vehicle by about an inch - not really noticeable or bothersome to me (and I'm typically OCD about this type of stuff).

I'm personally not a fan of the KC light covers, so I spray painted them with a can of matte black krylon - I think they turned out great.

The wiring was super easy - just cut off the end of the wiring loom that came with the Pro6 light bar - so that you just have the black and white wire - and then crimp on the deutsch barrel pins and plug (I used a kit + crimper from Amazon - called "JRready") and within 10 minutes it was plug and play into the front right roof outlet (I believe it's switched by EXT 2).

Final thoughts: I'm super happy with the look and absolutely grateful for the roof outlets, which made it super easy to install (even for a novice like me). I would've loved to purchase the new KC Gravity Titan vs. the Pro6, but the current draw on the Gravity Titan was more than the EXT 2 circuit (25A) would allow - so I opted for the slightly older Pro6 Lightbar which has a much lower current draw (15A total I believe). I wanted to be able to run the lightbar off of the factory overhead switch - and honestly, the look and OEM function was more important than the light output (I have yet to test it out at night, but I'm sure the Pro6 is more than bright enough for my use case).

IMG_3870.jpgIMG_3869.jpg
IMG_3871.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Just purchased and installed the KC Pro6 light bar to the Leitner Roof Rack this past weekend.

I initially purchased the 50" (8 light) bar based on the width of the Leitner rack, but found that with the large footprint of the Leitner awning bracket, I needed to remove one of the lights so that I could position the lights in the center of the rack. After scouring the internet looking for mounting brackets, and with the help of Robert at KC Hilites - I settled on a Cali Raised mount (https://4wdcrew.com/products/cali-r...MuAJ0RWlHquIPh0YeBW_7DULIss9norEfYqkFtAGBq1ds) - which actually works perfectly on the Leitner rack with the Traklok Boltkit from Leitner. I did have to reposition the Leitner rack slightly in order to open the safari windows - the rack is now overhanging the rear of the vehicle by about an inch - not really noticeable or bothersome to me (and I'm typically OCD about this type of stuff).

I'm personally not a fan of the KC light covers, so I spray painted them with a can of matte black krylon - I think they turned out great.

The wiring was super easy - just cut off the end of the wiring loom that came with the Pro6 light bar - so that you just have the black and white wire - and then crimp on the deutsch barrel pins and plug (I used a kit + crimper from Amazon - called "JRready") and within 10 minutes it was plug and play into the front right roof outlet (I believe it's switched by EXT 2).

Final thoughts: I'm super happy with the look and absolutely grateful for the roof outlets, which made it super easy to install (even for a novice like me). I would've loved to purchase the new KC Gravity Titan vs. the Pro6, but the current draw on the Gravity Titan was more than the EXT 2 circuit (25A) would allow - so I opted for the slightly older Pro6 Lightbar which has a much lower current draw (15A total I believe). I wanted to be able to run the lightbar off of the factory overhead switch - and honestly, the look and OEM function was more important than the light output (I have yet to test it out at night, but I'm sure the Pro6 is more than bright enough for my use case).

View attachment 7861997View attachment 7861995
View attachment 7861994
looks good.

p.s last time we flew a Union flag in Virginia it didn't end well for us.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
looks good.

p.s last time we flew a Union flag in Virginia it didn't end well for us.
Thank you. Although, I think the French flag ("made in Hambach") is probably more insulting than anything else on the vehicle - especially, given the silly reality that some people in these parts opt to call their french fries "freedom fries" :rolleyes:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Thank you. Although, I think the French flag ("made in Hambach") is probably more insulting than anything else on the vehicle - especially, given the silly reality that some people in these parts opt to call their french fries "freedom fries" :rolleyes:
surrender fries over here

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
With lights on, what's happened in the cabin, cause the safari windows?
Not sure I know what you're asking. I haven't actually tried the lights at night, so I don't know how much light comes in through the safari windows, though I suspect it's going to be a lot. I'm not too concerned with this, as I do have covers for the safari windows (from Overland Gear Guy) - so I can always put those up, if I need to.

As far as centering the lights - I have an AluCab 270 shadow awning on the left side of the vehicle, which the brackets interfere with the bracket on the 50 inch light bar (so I just removed one of the 8 lights - making it now 7 lights - approx. 45 inches now) so that it would not interfere with the bracket for the awning.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:47 PM
Reaction score
Wired up the Baja Design LP6 Pro and Squadron-R SAE lights. The route was clean after removing the driver side light plastics and pulling the wire up edge of the bumper. I lashed Baja designs wiring harness to the other wire harness to have clean wire install. Note I started with the wiring harness from Baja Design for LP6pro and Squadron-R but cut them down to to what I needed.

LP6 it has three mode of operation, which I wired in Garmin Power Switch which is powered by the 25 amp switched line so I could individually support High Beam ( White ) , Low Beam ( Red) , and Day time running lights ( Yellow) with virtual switch. Note there three separate power wires for each modes ( Yellow, White and Red wires).

One thing to note the two LP6 pro use 20 amp when in High Beam.

I used the empty ground bolts on the mid section of the fender for mounting the Garmin PowerSwitch.

For the Squadron-R SAE lights it is on the smaller 10 amp switched wire .

IMG_9791.jpegIMG_9790.jpegIMG_9795.jpeg
IMG_9794.jpeg
IMG_9793.jpeg

Throw in the rack level side lights

IMG_9796.jpeg

IMG_9787.jpeg

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@angstorms do you have AA because you can run garmin switch off of it. You might know that already so sorry if I am mentioning something not new

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
@angstorms do you have AA because you can run garmin switch off of it. You might know that already so sorry if I am mentioning something not new
Sorry what is AA, do not know the acronym, Is it Android Auto, if so I run do not use Android Phone, it does work in Apple CarPlay which I am doing.

Last edited:

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry what is AA, do not know the acronym, Is it Android Auto, if so I run do not use Android Phone, it does work in Apple CarPlay which I am doing.
Yes sorry AA is andriod auto. It's great to know that lesser tier system like Apple Carplay does it too.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
what ever, I have been on both systems each have there strengths and weakness
I was only joking. There is a whole thread back in early days of forum where people debated Apple over Andriod. My sarcasm doesn't translate across the web.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was only joking. There is a whole thread back in early days of forum where people debated Apple over Andriod. My sarcasm doesn't translate across the web.
I knew you were kidding. No one could seriously think AA is superior to CarPlay…

🍿🤣

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It is cool, I am ready for the those sections of Reddit like debates and bitch about Grenadier threads to go into there own section of the forum.

Back
Top Bottom