The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

AUSTRALIA: Third party suppliers for the Grenadier

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:09 AM
Reaction score
New heading:

WASHING (CLOTHS)
  1. The Scrubba Wash Bag range here and
  2. Bush washing machine. Get a 20 litre plastic container, add some water and wool softener. Drive around to agitate and then dry the cloths. Thanks to my road buddy Barry. It works.
You do not need to rinse the cloths if you only use wool softer, just dry them. Use enough water to cover the cloths and get the agitation working. Corrugations really help agitation! The only use I ever found for corrugations.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have avoided the cheaper level entry boxes like KINGS (IMO their BB is not tough enough for prolonged use), and listed a few of the common higher quality battery boxes.

In Australia NAPA now markets the Thunder Battery Box. NAPA rebranded from Ashdown Ingram.

BATTERY BOXES
Some Battery Boxes reviewed here. The Hardkorr BB was the winner and the one I use.
  1. KickAss Battery Boxes;
  2. Hardkorr Battery Boxes;
  3. Thunder battery box customised by Accelerate Off-Grid Touring, or just the based model Thunder Battery Box here. It is also marketed under the name DRIVETECH Heavy Duty Battery Box;
  4. Thumper Battery Boxes here, which KickAss use to supply before they launched their own BBs;
  5. Ardent Battery Boxes here (with 1200W inverter);
  6. Mueller Energy Lithium Battery Box here (no DC to DC charger just BMS);
  7. REDARC GOBLOCK (Premium pricing) here;
  8. The whizzbang POWER BOX Premium range here (3 models, 6 colours);
  9. National Luna Battery boxes here (2 colours);
  10. Battery Box for the DYIer here (by MSA4X4); and
  11. The Big Daddy of them all, the Power Easy Expedition Battery Box here, with Expedition Weatherproof Lockable Case, DC to DC Charger, AC Charger and Inverter.
View: https://youtu.be/mv00WVH18kA

Last edited:

pedrogb

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have one of the Thunder boxes, with a 100ah lithium battery. It also has a redarc 1225 dcdc wired on top. It's plugged straight into the secondary battery via an anderson lead and fuse. Ran the fridge while we were on the Cape. Perfect way to not alter the existing system and not risk draining the start batteries. Very well made. I bought it used. A great purchase.

Attachments

• 20240630_111716.jpg
    20240630_111716.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 29

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Thunder is the best quality of the various boxes IMO.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:09 PM
Reaction score
Not so many options in the U.K. but Jackary and Blueti spring to mind but I’ll probably go with this make from 12v planet

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not so many options in the U.K. but Jackary and Blueti spring to mind but I’ll probably go with this make from 12v planet
That BB has plenty of the features you need. If you go Lithium you really must have a DC to DC in the mix (which that BB does). Does the integrated DC to DC charger have a voltage sensitive relay? I could not find details about the charger. It maybe the 200A Isolator or that may be the On/Off switch. I am not familiar with UK descriptions.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That BB has plenty of the features you need. If you go Lithium you really must have a DC to DC in the mix (which that BB does). Does the integrated DC to DC charger have a voltage sensitive relay? I could not find details about the charger. It maybe the 200A Isolator or that may be the On/Off switch. I am not familiar with UK descriptions.
If I buy that particular model then I will just use the ignition live connection that I can tap into in the battery box and just rely on the battery being charged whilst the engine is running. I will use Anderson connector for main supply and maybe single pole Anderson connector for ignition live so the whole unit can be removed as needed such as supplying power in the ground tent.
Thanks for all your input. 😍

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
New heading:

WASHING (CLOTHS)
  1. The Scrubba Wash Bag range here and
  2. Bush washing machine. Get a 20 litre plastic container, add some water and wool softener. Drive around to agitate and then dry the cloths. Thanks to my road buddy Barry. It works.
You do not need to rinse the cloths if you only use wool softer, just dry them. Use enough water to cover the cloths and get the agitation working. Corrugations really help agitation! The only use I ever found for corrugations.
I can recommend the scrub a wash bag. Very compact and surprisingly therapeutic rolling it around with your feet while having a beer.

Cheers
Steve

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Updated list

BATTERY BOXES
Some Battery Boxes reviewed here. The Hardkorr BB was the winner and the one I use.
  1. KickAss Battery Boxes;
  2. Hardkorr Battery Boxes;
  3. Thunder battery box customised by Accelerate Off-Grid Touring, or just the based model Thunder Battery Box here. It is also marketed under the name DRIVETECH Heavy Duty Battery Box;
  4. Thumper Battery Boxes here, which KickAss use to supply before they launched their own BBs;
  5. Ardent Battery Boxes here (with 1200W inverter);
  6. Mueller Energy Lithium Battery Box here (no DC to DC charger just BMS);
  7. REDARC GOBLOCK (Premium pricing) here;
  8. The whizzbang POWER BOX Premium range here (3 models, 6 colours);
  9. National Luna Battery boxes here (2 colours);
  10. Battery Box for the DYIer here (by MSA4X4); and
  11. The Big Daddy of them all, the Power Easy Expedition Battery Box here, with Expedition Weatherproof Lockable Case, DC to DC Charger, AC Charger and Inverter.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I see DMW has released a bullbar and sliders

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can recommend the scrub a wash bag. Very compact and surprisingly therapeutic rolling it around with your feet while having a beer.

Cheers
Steve
The 30l blue drum on the roof is my washing machine and I needed it after the lion in the top right of the photo got up and started to walk towards me 😂IMG_7043.jpeg

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see DMW has released a bullbar and sliders
Added. DMW has rock sliders as well. It is a combination rock slider and step. Weighing in at a beefy 30kg each side.

DMW also do conversions and canopies. So I will keep watch when they get a cab chassis.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
New heading, see the heading using the same title in the Canvas bag/products thread. The list has 14 suppliers with around 35 models to choose from.

REAR WHEEL BAGS (STORAGE AND/OR GARBAGE)
See Canvas products thread here.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
THIRD PARTY REAR WINCH
XLW Parts Rear Self-Recovery Off-Road Winch 4200kg, fits into THE tow hitch and uses your NATO plug as a power source. Cost is below AUD2,000.

You do need the INEOS tow kit and the high power aux option (for the rear NATO plug) on your car to make it all work.

Fourby Fitouts

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Super comprehensive list Michael!
Thanks for including Fourby Fitouts in the list of drawer options.
Here's a couple of images of the Touring unit drawer system which integrates with the Ineos cargo barrier. We've tried to maximise the utilisation of vertical space on offer in the Grenadier.

brochure image 2.PNGIneos 1.PNG6.PNG

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
New heading. Ask whether you can fit it, if you have a Roof Rack, especially with a 270 or 360 Awning fitted.

REAR ROOF SPOILER
Available from XHQ here. It fits the Station Wagon only (not the QM).

INEOS-Grenadier-rear-spoiler-Australia-Expedition-HQ-28.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom