The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Are you female, male, other — curious about the mix here

Are you female, male, other?

• Male

Votes: 52 94.5%
  • Female

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:51 AM
Reaction score
Personally, I don't understand why it's important to know someone's gender or to know the percentage of female, male and others on this forum. In my opinion, we all share a passion for the Grenadier, so I don't care about the gender of forum members. 🤷‍♂️
Maybe I should have written something in my first post so as not to offend. This arose from a different thread — there is an older thread where someone expressed concerns over sexist comments about women. That was of interest to me bc I AM a woman but haven’t experienced sexism here, so I commented. Others joined the conversation and eventually it led to a lighthearted curiosity about just how few women are actually on the forum. So I posted this poll. But how odd I feel I have to explain/defend this…?

I, and I expect others, also don’t really “care” about gender in terms of judging it in some negative way. But is there something actually wrong about posting this…? Agree, we all share a passion about Grenadiers but as is common to humans, other subjects pop up and a person might then use the General chat for its intended purpose.

I mean geesh, if someone posts a poll about “What’s Your Favorite Beer?” — are you going to go in and say “I don’t see why it’s important to know someone’s favorite beer. We all share a passion for Grenadiers so I don’t care about the favorite beer of forum members”….? Um okay. Pardon moi sir, but if you feel that passionate about not caring then don’t waste your time posting about the not caring-ness and just kindly move along. Like the Beatles said, let it be.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:51 AM
Reaction score
Maybe I should have written something in my first post so as not to offend. This arose from a different thread — there is an older thread where someone expressed concerns over sexist comments about women. That was of interest to me bc I AM a woman but haven’t experienced sexism here, so I commented. Others joined the conversation and eventually it led to a lighthearted curiosity about just how few women are actually on the forum. So I posted this poll. But how odd I feel I have to explain/defend this…?

I, and I expect others, also don’t really “care” about gender in terms of judging it in some negative way. But is there something actually wrong about posting this…? Agree, we all share a passion about Grenadiers but as is common to humans, other subjects pop up and a person might then use the General chat for its intended purpose.

I mean geesh, if someone posts a poll about “What’s Your Favorite Beer?” — are you going to go in and say “I don’t see why it’s important to know someone’s favorite beer. We all share a passion for Grenadiers so I don’t care about the favorite beer of forum members”….? Um okay. Pardon moi sir, but if you feel that passionate about not caring then don’t waste your time posting about the not caring-ness and just kindly move along. Like the Beatles said, let it be.
1728405864270.gif

Back
Top Bottom