The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Are you female, male, other — curious about the mix here

Are you female, male, other?

• Male

Votes: 58 95.1%
  • Female

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Personally, I don't understand why it's important to know someone's gender or to know the percentage of female, male and others on this forum. In my opinion, we all share a passion for the Grenadier, so I don't care about the gender of forum members. 🤷‍♂️
Maybe I should have written something in my first post so as not to offend. This arose from a different thread — there is an older thread where someone expressed concerns over sexist comments about women. That was of interest to me bc I AM a woman but haven’t experienced sexism here, so I commented. Others joined the conversation and eventually it led to a lighthearted curiosity about just how few women are actually on the forum. So I posted this poll. But how odd I feel I have to explain/defend this…?

I, and I expect others, also don’t really “care” about gender in terms of judging it in some negative way. But is there something actually wrong about posting this…? Agree, we all share a passion about Grenadiers but as is common to humans, other subjects pop up and a person might then use the General chat for its intended purpose.

I mean geesh, if someone posts a poll about “What’s Your Favorite Beer?” — are you going to go in and say “I don’t see why it’s important to know someone’s favorite beer. We all share a passion for Grenadiers so I don’t care about the favorite beer of forum members”….? Um okay. Pardon moi sir, but if you feel that passionate about not caring then don’t waste your time posting about the not caring-ness and just kindly move along. Like the Beatles said, let it be.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
Maybe I should have written something in my first post so as not to offend. This arose from a different thread — there is an older thread where someone expressed concerns over sexist comments about women. That was of interest to me bc I AM a woman but haven’t experienced sexism here, so I commented. Others joined the conversation and eventually it led to a lighthearted curiosity about just how few women are actually on the forum. So I posted this poll. But how odd I feel I have to explain/defend this…?

I, and I expect others, also don’t really “care” about gender in terms of judging it in some negative way. But is there something actually wrong about posting this…? Agree, we all share a passion about Grenadiers but as is common to humans, other subjects pop up and a person might then use the General chat for its intended purpose.

I mean geesh, if someone posts a poll about “What’s Your Favorite Beer?” — are you going to go in and say “I don’t see why it’s important to know someone’s favorite beer. We all share a passion for Grenadiers so I don’t care about the favorite beer of forum members”….? Um okay. Pardon moi sir, but if you feel that passionate about not caring then don’t waste your time posting about the not caring-ness and just kindly move along. Like the Beatles said, let it be.
1728405864270.gif

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score

Maybe it's because I'm not a native English speaker, but did I attack you personally at any point in my post (As you unfortunately do in your reply, as I understand it)?

I wrote that it was my opinion, nothing more, nothing less, and I wasn't complaining that someone started this thread or that no one should care.

It is up to me how I “waste” my time and I will kindly move along to express and defend my personal opinion.

Just found this in your frou-frou thread, post #26, quote: "And I don’t care — I can only be me and I’m not going to edit myself... "

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Yet more WOKE madness. There are TWO SEXES and nothing else, as for GENDERS, there are TWO!

Of course this as pigeon holes me and for that I don't apologise.

Last edited:

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I honestly think some people are way over thinking this thread. The ones that have an issue with it, why read and post on it? 🤷‍♂️

I do not know “ANNML” at all and this thread is the first time I have even read her posts or communicated with her. Given that, even I can tell she is super laid back and likes to joke around. Not sure why some of the negativity? Heck she is a Grenadier owner, quotes/references Star Wars, Star Trek & the Beatles. What else do you need to know, she could be the female me??!! That may not be a good thing though. 🙃😁

She hit the nail on the head stating there are MANY threads not related to the Grenadier on this forum, so why can’t she ask about the gender ratio of owners? If I don’t like a thread, I don’t read or post in it. Easy peasy. I was curious myself about the ratio and was surprised to find at least one female so far…..

IMG_0181.png

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I honestly think some people are way over thinking this thread. The ones that have an issue with it, why read and post on it? 🤷‍♂️

I do not know “ANNML” at all and this thread is the first time I have even read her posts or communicated with her. Given that, even I can tell she is super laid back and likes to joke around. Not sure why some of the negativity? Heck she is a Grenadier owner, quotes/references Star Wars, Star Trek & the Beatles. What else do you need to know, she could be the female me??!! That may not be a good thing though. 🙃😁

She hit the nail on the head stating there are MANY threads not related to the Grenadier on this forum, so why can’t she ask about the gender ratio of owners? If I don’t like a thread, I don’t read or post in it. Easy peasy. I was curious myself about the ratio and was surprised to find at least one female so far…..

View attachment 7872546
You are probably right and I honestly don't need lecturing.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yet more WOKE madness. There are TWO SEXES and nothing else, as for GENDERS, there are TWO!

Of course this as pigeon holes me and for that I don't apologise.
Not sure why the downvote? I don’t disagree with your statement above at all. I am in the same camp and agree 100% of only 2 genders and the meme with Patrick was a joke. Well there are really hermaphrodites in the world so that makes the conversation a little tricky and I feel bad for them born with both. However, I was simply saying why people have an issue with someone starting a thread asking their gender to get a feel for how many women vs men own a Grenadier. I think she threw in the “other” option to not offend anyone. Just wanted to clarify this on my end. Dave Chappelle is my favorite comedian and me and him have the same philosophy and issues with certain groups and if you understand that then you understand me.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love this poll, I love numbers and statistics.

Is it useful? Probably not :ROFLMAO:
Well, the only outcome, if statistics prove me right that we have less than 1% women on the forum, is that we can be as rude and unfriendly as we wish with women, no woman will notice. :eek:
I hope, NOW, that everybody understands that this is a joke (@ANNML will understand), English isn't my native language, and humor is very different between countries and cultures, WOKE being a culture :cool:

In the meantime I try to boost women's vote, because as long as the poll indicates more than 1% women I will be careful in my wording ;)

Please, participate at the poll:
@Anne
@Annie R
@annierobinson01

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I love this poll, I love numbers and statistics.

Is it useful? Probably not :ROFLMAO:
Well, the only outcome, if statistics prove me right that we have less than 1% women on the forum, is that we can be as rude and unfriendly as we wish with women, no woman will notice. :eek:
I hope, NOW, that everybody understands that this is a joke (@ANNML will understand), English isn't my native language, and humor is very different between countries and cultures, WOKE being a culture :cool:

In the meantime I try to boost women's vote, because as long as the poll indicates more than 1% women I will be careful in my wording ;)

Please, participate at the poll:
@Anne
@Annie R
@annierobinson01
Well said and to me it’s hilarious we have more “others” than “females”, as of now and I won’t rule out some jokesters taking part in this total. 🤔

Are you sure the members you called out to vote are female? Maybe it’s a play on their name or wive’s name or who knows why someone picks their username. Mine is easy to figure out. Anyway, I thought for sure we would have around 5-6 female owners out there, but maybe they see the reception “ANNML” has received and opt not to participate. 🤷‍♂️

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you sure the members you called out to vote are female?
No, not at all, but if they vote it will make the poll more relevant, be it any gender.

And, I agree with the "other category", everybody is free to think and do with his body and feelings what he wants to do within the limits of the law and respect of other human beings.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Humour is good. Gender conversations are interesting but can be convolute. People are what really matters. Good manners and acceptance of diversity are essential. There is zero need to be unkind or deprecating about another’s outlook or belief system.

QED.

Back
Top Bottom