The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Anyone’s AC buzz / hiss on highest fan setting?

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Got my Grenadier recently and from the get go my AC buzzes on highest fan setting. If I turn it down a bit it goes away, if I turn it back up it starts out okay but eventually starts buzzing again.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
Got my Grenadier recently and from the get go my AC buzzes on highest fan setting. If I turn it down a bit it goes away, if I turn it back up it starts out okay but eventually starts buzzing again.
Normal shouldn’t be normal. Is it a high frequency shrill sound on max fan speed 4 or window demister?

Waiting for a fix.

Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
Have you tried adjusting the vents to see if its one of the vents doing it, or does it sound like the fan? The HVAC in this thing is apparently a bit wonkey with sticking or loose baffles. I only get a slight wind whistle noise on speed 2 when set on dash only, while moving. it must be a outdoor vent seal. One wouldn't know it with the radio on 1. The only issue being, I like to drive in silence.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
I get it on the low setting and a bit on medium. My sound is a high pitched whistle from the fan.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 AM
Reaction score
I believe the really annoying high frequency noise on fan level 4 is universal, pretty sure they all do that. First rule of Grenadier HVAC usage is turn off auto, second rule is don’t use fan setting 4.

One of the many unique experiences of Grenadier ownership (but I still luvs it).

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
This is a common problem on the 4th fan setting. No matter the temp or vents in play. I use 3 only if it's really that hot.

Back
Top Bottom