The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
I received an INEOS email update to customers this morning. Unfortunately the link was to the same "Dealer Day" announcement/Q&A from September.

I'm hoping that's an error and there is some more communication from the North American branch.
I was all excited, then when it was the same video I was afraid they were shaming me for chatting with the rep yesterday asking for information on any delays (nope just the tow hitches which are being fixed now). Glad it wasn't that and hope there is more information coming.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:22 AM
Reaction score
I received an INEOS email update to customers this morning. Unfortunately the link was to the same "Dealer Day" announcement/Q&A from September.

I'm hoping that's an error and there is some more communication from the North American branch.
Same - would be nice to get an update on the service network.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got the recycled "What's Next" email too - arrived today 12/14.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I reserved my place Nov. 2022 I think. I was late to the party

I entered my preorder into the system May 31st (it shows Aug. 15)
Thanks Krabby, I preordered April 22 and converted to order June 1, 2022. The website shows Aug. 15 like many others. If the website is accurate, I would love to know why preorders well after mine seem to be ahead of me in production.

I just did a live chat and they said my G was not yet in production. I asked why other preorders placed well after mine appeared to be ahead of me. They said "This can all depend on the configuration and specifications of the vehicle. For eg, if a vehicle has less configurations it will be created sooner as there is less parts that will needed to be added to the vehicle." I ordered a station wagon with no dealer installed options. I asked if there was any way to get accurate information for production and delivery and they said they would do some checking and email me. I hope to hear back soon. I have stayed very positive throughout this experience and I know people have gone through many delays and glitches. I will try to remain positive, but the preorder date should be a major factor, and if it isn't, Ineos should be explaining why. (Instead of resending an email about a video we have already seen.)

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Krabby, I preordered April 22 and converted to order June 1, 2022. The website shows Aug. 15 like many others. If the website is accurate, I would love to know why preorders well after mine seem to be ahead of me in production.

I just did a live chat and they said my G was not yet in production. I asked why other preorders placed well after mine appeared to be ahead of me. They said "This can all depend on the configuration and specifications of the vehicle. For eg, if a vehicle has less configurations it will be created sooner as there is less parts that will needed to be added to the vehicle." I ordered a station wagon with no dealer installed options. I asked if there was any way to get accurate information for production and delivery and they said they would do some checking and email me. I hope to hear back soon. I have stayed very positive throughout this experience and I know people have gone through many delays and glitches. I will try to remain positive, but the preorder date should be a major factor, and if it isn't, Ineos should be explaining why. (Instead of resending an email about a video we have already seen.)
I know @anand was earlier than most folks and he's not been built either. I can't recall his spec, but I think it was Donny with the white roof.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I know @anand was earlier than most folks and he's not been built either. I can't recall his spec, but I think it was Donny with the white roof.
Base, Donny with white roof, steelies w/ Bridgestones, spare storage box, safari windows, ladder, raised air intake, black leather, compass, lockers, interior utility rails, tow hitch.

Reservation was Oct. '21, pre order #10547, you can see the delay progression in my signature. No reason given other than it is an unpopular color combo, yet there was one on the first west coast boat...

Local time
Reaction score
Base, Donny with white roof, steelies w/ Bridgestones, spare storage box, safari windows, ladder, raised air intake, black leather, compass, lockers, interior utility rails, tow hitch.

Reservation was Oct. '21, pre order #10547, you can see the delay progression in my signature. No reason given other than it is an unpopular color combo, yet there was one on the first west coast boat...
You should have chosen Eldoret Blue, you would have been delivered Q1 2025!!! I don’t think it is a very popular color.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think all of that stuff was really just meant to keep people in line, and the modern rules of manufacturing still apply.
People stayed in line for the most part.
Thanks very much for your input. I have no experience with modern rules of manufacturing, is 6 months typical?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You should have chosen Eldoret Blue, you would have been delivered Q1 2025!!! I don’t think it is a very popular color.
I almost chose it. One of those colors where you see it online and think "what were they thinking?" but in person it just grabs you. They're coming over in droves. Pulled this from a FB group yesterday.

Attachments

• 409741233_10160137162508732_3827893518510395564_n.jpg
    409741233_10160137162508732_3827893518510395564_n.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 28
Local time
Reaction score
I almost chose it. One of those colors where you see it online and think "what were they thinking?" but in person it just grabs you. They're coming over in droves. Pulled this from a FB group yesterday.
Eldoret Blue with a white roof, was my first choice. Than I saw it in person at the Chicago driving event, and it thew me off. I even bought the model car from Ineos in Eldoret Blue! Now Jim owes me a white model car to match what I actually ended up ordering!

Attachments

• IMG_7068.jpeg
    IMG_7068.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_7070.jpeg
    IMG_7070.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7100.jpeg
    IMG_7100.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 15

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Eldoret Blue with a white roof, was my first choice. Than I saw it in person at the Chicago driving event, and it thew me off. I even bought the model car from Ineos in Eldoret Blue! Now Jim owes me a white model car to match what I actually ended up ordering!
Took a different route but we ended up in the same place. I thought it was going to be Green, but it's a little "uncanny valley" to me as I have a specific color in my brain that it should have been (Coniston). At the driving event they didn't have a Sela and the SW was closer to my expectations for an adventure vehicle color, but the Eldoret looked so good. I too have a SW TM on the way and the model in Eldoret.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
We have the same shot at this event :)
By the way, based on Knauz's website they have around 18 vehicles (not sure if on dealer site).
Early this morning it was 21 vehicles.

jcurtin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
For the Chicago customers... sounds like vehicles are starting to flow in now. I'm encouraged based on the call w/ dealer this morning. Be prepared to take vehicle w/o accessories though if you want it soon as they seem to be lagging a bit on that front. Overall, I'm optimistic pre Christmas ownership may still happen :)

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks very much for your input. I have no experience with modern rules of manufacturing, is 6 months typical?

There is a thing called “economic order quantity” that plays a role.
It effects every part of the car.
The oddball combos have to get pushed by hand through the system or they’d never get built.
Another is “recapture”.
As in, build as many of the common ones as fast as possible to “recapture” capital costs.
Those things incentivize behaviors the people don’t want.
You can’t help but notice that in the North American market you never see a pick up truck on the lot that isn’t totally loaded.

You can order one that isn’t, but there are no discounts, and so they cost nearly the same. And you still have to wait until they deign to build your profit less base model with carpet delete and manual windows and door locks.

Local time
Reaction score
We have the same shot at this event :)
By the way, based on Knauz's website they have around 18 vehicles (not sure if on dealer site).
Early this morning it was 21 vehicles.
I have heard great things about Knauz, looking forward to my turn, sometime in Feb/March!

Back
Top Bottom